Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

A

I've never felt this way about the forums before

Started by Anonymous, March 19, 2020, 03:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "Shen Li"I didn't know his name or anything else about him.

Nobody did.

How do you know that's Salty Dog?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"How do you know that's Salty Dog?

15+ years on the forum, I can eventually determine who is who in some cases.

In this case, that is Salty Dog.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"How do you know that's Salty Dog?

15+ years on the forum, I can eventually determine who is who in some cases.

In this case, that is Salty Dog.

You chatted with him privately and knew his name. I thought he lived on a boat anchored in California.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
You chatted with him privately and knew his name. I thought he lived on a boat anchored in California.

I didn't.  I don't typically chat with people privately, as I'm not here to make friends in that way.

This isn't FaceBook, and I don't attempt to turn it into such.

That said, I have a remarkable memory for some things, which would blow your mind...

Anonymous

I didn't.  I don't typically chat with people privately, as I'm not here to make friends in that way.

This isn't FaceBook, and I don't attempt to turn it into such.

That said, I have a remarkable memory for some things, which would blow your mind...

Than how did you know his name. On second thought, never mind. I don't care about dead white guys anyway.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Than how did you know his name. On second thought, never mind. I don't care about dead white guys.

I didn't know his name.  Nobody did.

What I did know, was the name of his sailboat.  And his story from the forums.

I can put two and two together, with sailboat name registry, and his online story, as to be 100% certain that yes, that is his obituary.

My Kung Fu is strong.

Anonymous

Most posters forget certain things posted, and assume that we all must be friends behind the scenes, to know this.  This is not the case.

I was also the one that found out it was Mimi's kid that died from rabies recently here.  And I can assure you that Mimi and I do not communicate.

A 12 year old Topix post, with one name, and one post.  Then a Go Fund Me post with one name, and one post.  Connected to a series of other posts.

Again, I remember things that many do not even believe to exist, and can easily equate them.

It is why I'm ultra-perma-shitcanned from that forum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"I didn't know his name or anything else about him.

Nobody did.

How do you know that's Salty Dog?

Was he from old evs' forum?

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Oak"We need to stop preparing for the last incident and prepare for what could happen.  We were overdue for a huge pandemic.  It happened and we were caught with our pants down.

It was bound to happen at some point..it's inevitable.

We were overdue for an economic correction as well, if not a huge panic/crash like we are now witnessing.

There is too much debt in the system & sloppy fiscal policy which finally caught up to the West.

The coronavirus was merely the straw that broke the camel's back & exposed the weaknesses & underbelly of our economic system.

The dam burst & now it's become a flood.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "Oak"We need to stop preparing for the last incident and prepare for what could happen.  We were overdue for a huge pandemic.  It happened and we were caught with our pants down.

We were overdue for an economic correction as well, if not a huge panic/crash like we are now witnessing.

There is too much debt in the system & sloppy fiscal policy which finally caught up to the West.

The coronavirus was merely the straw that broke the camel's back & exposed the weaknesses & underbelly of our economic system.

We are not in an economic correction..

This is an induced economic shutdown......it's unprecedented.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

We are not in an economic correction..

This is an induced economic shutdown......it's unprecedented.

We in the West, and North America in particular are pretty good at responding to an economic crisis. But, the rapid measures typically used to stop steep economic decline do not work in a pandemic. As much as I agree with everyone that Shen Li has been posting like a brainwashed  idiot lately, she is right that the ways to stop contagion, also cause economic despair. That is the price we must pay.

East Asia learned their lesson from SARS. Hopefully, we learn from COVID-19 and we are prepared for the next global pandemic. And there will be another one.

Moonpie

Quote from: "Moonpie"
Quote from: "Fashionista"We are in the midst of a Chinese global pandemic, that's impacting all of the members of the forum community..

Posters are losing their jobs, we've lost a member of the forum community, and anxiety grows..

In all the years I've been posting I've never felt the way I do right now..

So much is happening so fast....it's overwhelming.

We were forced to close our business.  It's anxiety at its finest.  It's like the book off exodus coming to life again.  Lord have mercy on us.

Oh, I'm so sorry about that Moonpie..

You are now the third person on the forums who is now out of work because of what China did.
Thanks Fash. I still have my job but its my business that my husband runs.  IT SUCKS but rather everyone stay healthy and safe.
Moonpies for your soul..

Moonpie

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Lemon...

I did not know Lemon, but I know some of you knew her for years. To those that knew her, I am sorry for the loss of a long term community member.

In Memory of Lemon

Her loss is bitter to swallow, but her memory is Sweet.

">

I miss her so much.  Great lady may she RIP.
Was she married with a family Moonpie?

yes she had a husband that adored her
Moonpies for your soul..

Moonpie

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Lemon...

I did not know Lemon, but I know some of you knew her for years. To those that knew her, I am sorry for the loss of a long term community member.

In Memory of Lemon

Her loss is bitter to swallow, but her memory is Sweet.

">

I miss her so much.  Great lady may she RIP.
Was she married with a family Moonpie?

yes she had a husband that adored her
Moonpies for your soul..

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview