The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

The Walking Dead

Started by keeper, October 03, 2013, 11:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

Yellowstone is the best one for now! :yahoo:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Frood

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Yellowstone is the best one for now! :yahoo:

Indeed, although The Expanse and Outlander will eventually return.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "SCOUSE"I'm astounded that people still pay the license fee in this country. Without it the Marxist Beeb would have to tighten it's coffers big time.

Television licences, MOT, and car parking fees are the greatest legalised scams in the UK.

I know of no other country that charges a fee for watching television to pay for a channel nobody watches, that imposes the onerous burden of having vehicles inspected on a regular basis or they won't be able to drive them and that charges horrendous amounts of money to park in virtually ANY open space, including well beyond any city boundaries. As for insurance companies...they have to be the biggest legalised scammers on the planet.

">

Sums up my feelings perfectly.

Aryan

Agreed, I was only saying to someone the other day about car insurance being a rip off due to being compulsory. Those insurance companies wouldn't be so hasty to whack up premiums if it was optional.....

Bricktop

I can't believe how slavishly you Brits take the blatant theft committed on you on a daily basis.

Even the price of fuel is thievery at its finest. 1 pound 50 a LITRE???

That's DOUBLE what we pay here. The government might claim it funds motorways...but the motorways are frequently CHOKED.

Train fares are higher than Australia air fares. I remember the Tube being a quid for all day travel. Now it costs that much to go from Picadilly to Leicester Square.

At least you can get grub and grog at good prices.

@realAzhyaAryola

THE WALKING DEAD IS BACK! WOOHOO!
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"THE WALKING DEAD IS BACK! WOOHOO!

The new season started Azhya?

Vancouver

I gave up on the show. Didn't watch last season.
Time is malleable

@realAzhyaAryola

Yes, Fash. Tonight is the night! It's terrific! Great location!

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Yes, Fash. Tonight is the night! It's terrific! Great location!

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

I imagine The Walking Dead's many die hard fans will be happy.

Frood

Good episode. The show's technical researchers finally worked out a longstanding falsehood about resources after many years which should have been addressed 5 years ago.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Er...Aaron.

It's FICTION, son. It's not real. It doesn't have to comply with your version of reality. It's job is to entertain. Unlike your vacuous troll, it generally succeeds.

Frood

Err, paranoid guy who sees his Aaron behind every nook and cranny: Fiction when done properly allows the audience to suspend disbelief despite.

Running vehicles on 6 or so year old rotted petroleum products was a bad scripting idea from Season 3 onwards.

And why are they now trying to run motorbikes on corn ethanol? Because they can't find any more no good worthless old rotted petrol.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

If one was an anally retentive, nitpicking stickler for complete accuracy, one could also question where the electricity comes from to power radios and general power usage.

You may also ask why, when people set forth on quests, they decline to wear even the most basic armor that would offer considerable protection against teeth.

Likewise, why they don't employ more explosives, which would be plentiful in hardware stores, police stations, military bases or home cooked.

Ditto heavy machine guns, armored vehicles, tanks and APC's.

But we don't care, because we've already suspended our beliefs by virtue of the fact that they are surviving a totally unrealistic zombie apocalypse, you drooling fool. So we enjoy the human drama, horror and survival of fictional characters like...well, like "Dinky Dianna" for example.

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"If one was an anally retentive, nitpicking stickler for complete accuracy, one could also question where the electricity comes from to power radios and general power usage.

Alkaline and other off the shelf consumables including rechargeables can easily last 10 years plus provided they're not making contact.

Alexandria has solar panels which have a reasonable 20-25 year rate of longevity. Car and other 12v and14v  batteries are plentiful and can be reclaimed easily.

QuoteYou may also ask why, when people set forth on quests, they decline to wear even the most basic armor that would offer considerable protection against teeth.

True, but it's a sweltering landscape, armour is cumbersome, and those who've survived this far have coped without it, maybe because they didn't have it to rely on or diminish their movement.

QuoteLikewise, why they don't employ more explosives, which would be plentiful in hardware stores, police stations, military bases or home cooked.

Old ordinance can be unstable and most would have been foraged in prior years.

QuoteDitto heavy machine guns, armored vehicles, tanks and APC's.

Ammo is always in short supply, armoured vehicles are fuel guzzling beasts, and most viable equipment has been scavenged, lost, left to the elements.

QuoteBut we don't care, because we've already suspended our beliefs by virtue of the fact that they are surviving a totally unrealistic zombie apocalypse, you drooling fool. So we enjoy the human drama, horror and survival of fictional characters like...well, like "Dinky Dianna" for example.

I offered some reasonable explanations for your scripting concerns. While I may not be fully invested in some or any of them, I can still suspend disbelief on those.

Not with rotted fuel though. That has been a huge red flag.
Blahhhhhh...