Replies: 10314
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:20:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Marvin

Worst Poster Is Joe

Started by Anonymous, April 06, 2020, 12:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Anyways I was hoping if times got bad we'd have another year to get ready for it.

And that was wishful thinking.

I was hoping it would at keast go sour by April 2021.

Please...just one more year to make some good money, Lord!

But it never seems ta work out that way.

The bad times arrived 1 year earlier than I hoped.

We often get caught off guard when we least expect or desire it.

You can't plan for the unexpected.

Oh well!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "Herman"Was Joe being respectful when he told the owner of VF to kick this forum off mmb. How about the dozens of threads he starts at VF, which I rarely look at anymore, badmouthing Fash's forum. She opens a hands off anonymous section and Joe has the frickin effrontery to come here, badmouth the forum, it's posters and spam the hell out of this section.

To hell with jealous old broke ass virgin Joe. He hates this place, he hates the owner and he shows it with every thread and post.

I just usually post out of boredom, Herm.

Switch the channel.

See whats goin on at VF. Get bored with that channel.

Come here. Get bored with this channel.

Go to SG. Get bored with that channel go somewhere else like Mel's forum.

Its like changing the channel on a tv set.

Nothing more nothing less. just a way to pass the time & glean some new ideas.

That is all.
ck

Anybody can tell you need a life. But, with the exception of Mel nobody is bored enough to enjoy your nonsense anymore. It's not 2009 and there is no DV anymore.

While you have been wasting your life killing forums, I bought $5000 Tops ships stock at 15 cents. Today it's doubled.

Find a new hobby JOE. Make some money before it's too late. And when this lockdown is over, lose your virginity before it's too. You will look back and wonder why you wasted so much time killing forums. Good luck.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Happy Y'all Are Unhappy"
Anybody can tell you need a life. But, with the exception of Mel nobody is bored enough to enjoy your nonsense anymore.

And yet...

Quote from: "Guest"Anyways I was hoping if times got bad we'd have another year to get ready for it.

And that was wishful thinking.

I was hoping it would at keast go sour by April 2021.

Please...just one more year to make some good money, Lord!

But it never seems ta work out that way.

The bad times arrived 1 year earlier than I hoped.

We often get caught off guard when we least expect or desire it.

You can't plan for the unexpected.

Oh well!

You worry too much. What good is money going to do you if you're not in a position to spend it? Breadline-styled queues to get into the supermarket, people coughing and hacking over each other just so they might get a chance to purchase the last tub of Chapman's Raspberry Whipple that someone else has more than likely stuck their tongue in, bogus parcels shipped direct from warehouses crawling with microbial greeblies and a government reduced to devaluing the spending power of that pretty pile of fluttering fiat you've amassed...

Meh, I figured it out long ago and it's everything to do with priorities. You're welcome to buy into the whole accepted ways of doing things, but you'll spend a lifetime chasing someone else's expectations that they demanded should be yours instead of doing what actually fulfills you. And fair enough if you've willingly mortgaged up your life to be a cog in someone else's dream under a promise they'll give you that fulfillment, but that's not my bag. People are inherently unreliable, the more you involve in getting you to where you want to be, the more points of failure there are.

Far better (I think) for there to be one point of failure. At least if that goes tits up, you know it was you who did it and the time you otherwise would have spent railing at the people who should have come through for you can be more profitably spent digging yourself out of the hole you find yourself in.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"Was Joe being respectful when he told the owner of VF to kick this forum off mmb. How about the dozens of threads he starts at VF, which I rarely look at anymore, badmouthing Fash's forum. She opens a hands off anonymous section and Joe has the frickin effrontery to come here, badmouth the forum, it's posters and spam the hell out of this section.

To hell with jealous old broke ass virgin Joe. He hates this place, he hates the owner and he shows it with every thread and post.

Switch the channel.

That is all.

Anybody can tell you need a life. But, with the exception of Mel nobody is bored enough to enjoy your nonsense anymore. It's not 2009 and there is no DV anymore.

While you have been wasting your life killing forums, I bought $5000 Tops ships stock at 15 cents. Today it's doubled.

Find a new hobby JOE. Make some money before it's too late. And when this lockdown is over, lose your virginity before it's too. You will look back and wonder why you wasted so much time killing forums. Good luck.

Congratulations, I'm sure JOE is happy that you are happy Happy.

:laugh:

cc

:laugh:  He's getting some good advice

however

Chances of taking it.........................
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Switch the channel.

That is all.
ck

I'd be interested investing later in the year but not at the moment.

I'm wary about a market which suddenly jumps 15-20% while the economy is going down -15 to -20% at the same time. Unemploymet has gone from 3% to well over 10%. This years US budget deficit may be over $4 trillion USD. Thats like the entire GDP OF Germany, one of the largest economies in the world. The fundamentals are weak & there is clearly nothing to justify those values. So they are either being propped up by wishful investors or meddled with by the US Fed. This is not a stable stock market.

However, there was a basis for the Bull Market in 2017 when Trump took office. Unemployment fell, the economy was growing at 3% or more, people were buying, companies experienced real profits & real growth.

I just feel there has to be at least some justification to spend thousands of dollars to invest in the stock market. In a market where the fundamentals are weak, the investor could lose a lot of money if they're not careful.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc":laugh:  He's getting some good advice

however

Yeah I know, but some of those who come after might see the sage words of counsel on offer and not make the same mistakes Joe-baby did. So really, it's all good.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

however

Yeah I know, but some of those who come after might see the sage words of counsel on offer and not make the same mistakes Joe-baby did. So really, it's all good.

But I didn't lose significant amounts on an investments and then come onto this forum whining about those losses.

Admit it. I had foresight and saw the end of the bull market coming and most of you didn't.

And I saw a recession coming and most of you did not.

At least I didn't make YOUR mistakes.

Sorry you did tho

Frood

however

But I didn't lose significant amounts on an investments and then come onto this forum whining about those losses.

Admit it. I had foresight and saw the end of the bull market coming and most of you didn't.

Sorry you did tho

If you never invested in the stock market, you'd be better off now...

...if you only bought hard assets... you'd be in a better position than most now...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"

however

Sorry you did tho

...if you only bought hard assets... you'd be in a better position than most now...

JOE doesn't understand investing..

He thinks people jump in and jump out quickly to make a profit..

Our RRSP's that we have had for over a decade are doing better than if we had put them in savings..

And that is in the middle of a forced economic shutdown....it's never happened before..

As long as North America has plans to get us back to work in next six weeks like some European countries we'll be fine.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"

however

Sorry you did tho

Our RRSP's that we have had for over a decade are doing better than if we had put them in savings..

And that is in the middle of a forced economic shutdown....it's never happened before..

As long as North America has plans to get us back to work in next six weeks like some European countries we'll be fine.

Some people will be big winners....more will be big losers in this unless they let this thing run its course and whomever is left will be big winners in a brand new revamp....

...we have very short memories when it comes to our lives and what's in the actual history books...

Nothing is stable for long...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

however

Sorry you did tho

Some people will be big winners....more will be big losers in this unless they let this thing run its course and whomever is left will be big winners in a brand new revamp....

...we have very short memories when it comes to our lives and what's in the actual history books...

Investing is not a black and white thing and it's not a get rich quick or lose everything quick thing..

That is what people that have never saved for their own futures don't understand..

We haven't lost very much and in fact we are still up and over the rate of inflation..

If it wasn't for investing, defined benefit pension plans like I have wouldn't exist.

Risky short term investors will lose, but most do even in good economic times.

Frood

however

Sorry you did tho

Investing is not a black and white thing and it's not a get rich quick or lose everything quick thing..

That is what people that have never saved for their own futures don't understand..

We haven't lost very much and in fact we are still up and over the rate of inflation..

If it wasn't for investing, defined benefit pension plans like I have wouldn't exist.

Risky short term investors will lose, but most do even in good economic times.

I'm sorry, Fash....

....but an economic cycle ends where it ends...  a whole slew of issues, sometimes singularly, but mostly due to chain reactions or perfect storms...

You have to, and hubby, ensure that you won't be caught out.

.because even after Chinese quarantine measures are lifted, everyone is panic burying all over again..
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

however

Sorry you did tho

My mistakes you say?

Let's see... I recognised that the stockmarket was a mug's game back in my teens, having seen how wildly it fluctuated throughout history and how virulently people might react to it. Some of that was first hand observation, with one of my uncles being on the board of a large insurance company and a long time family friend a broker who worked in futures, but a large slice was also just observation and logical deduction... kind of an "if X and Y are happening and A, B and C are in play at the time, then H, I, J, K, LMNOP is the logical progression that ultimately leads us to Z. Consequently, by the time I was old enough to earn a paycheck, investing any portion of it in the stock market was so low on my list of priorities, it had slid off the page and on to the floor.

My nest egg does not include a share portfolio. I have lived through a number of economic downturns and stockmarket crashes without incident and barring a comet spearing into the planet like a white-hot Cock of Death and wiping out all trace of mankind, I surmise I am comfortably provided for by an order of magnitude within my means for significantly longer than I expect to be able to draw breath in this world. Is this the mistake to which you prefer or was there some other nebulous misconception regarding my affairs you wished to make a complete tool of yourself over?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview