Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "cc":laugh:  He's getting some good advice

however

Chances of taking it.........................

Yeah I know, but some of those who come after might see the sage words of counsel on offer and not make the same mistakes Joe-baby did. So really, it's all good.

But I didn't lose significant amounts on an investments and then come onto this forum whining about those losses.

Admit it. I had foresight and saw the end of the bull market coming and most of you didn't.

And I saw a recession coming and most of you did not.

At least I didn't make YOUR mistakes.

Sorry you did tho

If you never invested in the stock market, you'd be better off now...

...if you only bought hard assets... you'd be in a better position than most now...

JOE doesn't understand investing..

He thinks people jump in and jump out quickly to make a profit..

Our RRSP's that we have had for over a decade are doing better than if we had put them in savings..

And that is in the middle of a forced economic shutdown....it's never happened before..

As long as North America has plans to get us back to work in next six weeks like some European countries we'll be fine.

Don't waste your time on lazy losers who rarely worked and never saved.

But, I will say that Trudeau should let Canadians draw from their RRSP's without penalty. My wife and I are both working but perhaps 30 per cent of Canadians are not. They need money right now. Let them withdraw their RRSP's without being penalized.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

however

Yeah I know, but some of those who come after might see the sage words of counsel on offer and not make the same mistakes Joe-baby did. So really, it's all good.

But I didn't lose significant amounts on an investments and then come onto this forum whining about those losses.

Admit it. I had foresight and saw the end of the bull market coming and most of you didn't.

Sorry you did tho

...if you only bought hard assets... you'd be in a better position than most now...

Our RRSP's that we have had for over a decade are doing better than if we had put them in savings..

And that is in the middle of a forced economic shutdown....it's never happened before..

As long as North America has plans to get us back to work in next six weeks like some European countries we'll be fine.

Don't waste your time on lazy losers who rarely worked and never saved.

But, I will say that Trudeau should let Canadians draw from their RRSP's without penalty. My wife and I are both working but perhaps 30 per cent of Canadians are not. They need money right now. Let them withdraw their RRSP's without being penalized.

That would be the socially responsible thing to do. Do you regard Trudeau as socially responsible?

I don't reckon it's gonna happen. Someone's got to pay for the wheels of bureaucracy to get the job done and at the end of the day that's coming out of the public purse, not Justin's pocket. Working forward from that we see that either way those 30% are shouldering the administrative costs of kicking the financial instability can down the road and into the retirement village. And if it does happen, you can bet your Bobby Bordens someone will be there to skim the cream off the top.

Anonymous

however

Sorry you did tho

Actually Fashionista, you and others here might consider selling of at least a portion of your holdings, putting what you cashed in into Money Market while the markets experience this brief bounce of Sunny Weather. Cut your losses and move into a defensive position to hang onto what you've got.

A number of experienced analysts state that the recent gains on the Stock Market are only temporary before the market declines again and the 'Real Bear Market' begins:

SOCIETE GENERALE: Stocks are riding a fleeting rally before fundamentals collapse and 'the real bear market begins'

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/stock-market-outlook-forecast-worst-yet-to-come-societe-generale-2020-4-1029082642">https://markets.businessinsider.com/new ... 1029082642">https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/stock-market-outlook-forecast-worst-yet-to-come-societe-generale-2020-4-1029082642

Quote*Major US indexes recently rebounded into bull-market territory. But precedent suggests stocks will fall further as the US slides into a lengthy recession, Societe Generale said in a Thursday note.

*The stock market is in the middle of a brief bear-market bounce mirroring gains made in October 2008 before the financial crisis pulled equities down another 25%, strategist and long-time bear Albert Edwards said.

*Downward pressure from low inflation and a near-term recession stand to make the virus-induced profit slump deeper than past declines, he added.

*Many investors are poised to reenter the market "only to be crushed as history suggests is normal" Edwards wrote.

....so don't say y'all weren't warned.

I told you so......

Anonymous

vvv What NOT to do vvv

Quote from: "Your Friend Joe"Actually Fashionista, you and others here might consider selling of at least a portion of your holdings, putting what you cashed in into Money Market while the markets experience this brief bounce of Sunny Weather. Cut your losses and move into a defensive position to hang onto what you've got.

Advocating getting rid of what you've got in order to hang on to what you've got... yeah, I'd be petitioning my local council if I ever saw you as a zebra crossing attendant if that's the logic you're known for pushing.

Markets are going to be volatile for a while yet. Large companies (Disney, AMC etc) are seeing their credit swirling down the plughole, taking every last bit of stimulus buck they can wheedle out of the gubbnint while Wall Street polishes its turds in the hopes its chums get the best possible outcome. They will survive and you are free to take a walk down your local main street in a year's time and tell me who benefited from the practice you advocate today.

I've said it before, the stock market is a mug's game. What you consider as wealth is being systemically channeled in the direction of the elite. Anyone who didn't get out while the getting was good is as good as fucked at this point, at least in the short term and possibly the longer. Much better to expend your energies in the tangible and the concrete, the hard assets you possess which can be bartered (not sold) for that which you require to get over the line. Wasting your time having some portfolio manager shuffle bits of paper around a desk is only useful if you've the time and resources to waste on it.

Quote from: "Your Friend Joe"A number of experienced analysts</snip>

You meant to say "financial snake oil salesmen" of course.

Quote from: "Your Friend Joe"
....so don't say y'all weren't warned.

I told you so......

Mmmmm, and as far as this little black duck is concerned, you wasted your breath. Go boil that cabbage you call a head and report to your nearest soup line Shitlock.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview