A

Nova Scotia Massacre 10 dead

Started by Anonymous, April 19, 2020, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetsu

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "Zetsu"Sadly what you've mentioned couldn't be anymore correct.  At least our government should require each person to take a psychiatry test before getting a PAL, and visit their local psychologist for guidance once a year to see if there's anything odd is going on, the facts is gun ownership is something not to underestimate or play with.

Would make no difference.  The guy was smart enough to establish and run a denturist practice, so I'm sure he's smart enough to tell a shrink what they want to hear...

It might be hard to believe, but a good psychiatrist can get an idea of what going on in a patient's brain, though it's against their work ethics to mind read and really hard to dig up solid evidence, but could at least it'll give the cops a early warning before things get worst.  But the most important thing is to help the person when they need it the most.  

I think it's only reasonable b/c aside from the main reason why cops and soldiers are given guns is b/c it's needed for their job, they still go through strict disciplinary routines and a lot of police station(at least the ones in HK) have psychiatrist on stand by ready to assist.

I realize that argument .. but a cool killer type can con anyone ...most shrinks can't even help regular people let alone admit they know very little beyond what the person says to them ... plus most think they are smart enough to just know (the fatal flaw)

The ones they get are the not so bright ones ... the smart ones, not a chance

Again, a record of psychotic acts IS useful

A person can lie, but the brain can't.  With smart gadgets like a watch with gps can easily give the psychiatrist and idea what people are struggling with, and if a person is making things up, most can easily tell.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

The Canadian system does have some checks in place though.  To get a gun licence, you have to provide two references from people that have known you for at least three years.  These references aren't always checked (they will phone references more often if you're applying for Restricted/Handgun).

It's not a perfect system, but if those references claimed you were a nutcase, your application would be redflagged.

Also, if you have a spouse or common law partner, they also have to sign that you're not a nutcase, and have to do so every five years when licence renewal time comes up...

cc

I disagree strongly on shrinks or psychologists . I was at one time married to one with his masters and so got to know several of them off the job and off guard

Egomaniacs who think they are smart in general  (their downfall / Achilles heel) who can't figure anyone smart out
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

What you say is true, but a psychiatrist doesn't just rely on what the patient tell them, sometimes they understand the person better than themselves, they have definitely have their ways, you can bet on that, else criminal psychiatry wouldn't exist in the first place.

Criminal psychiatry exists only after an individual has committed a crime.  It is fairly useless at predicting a crime before it has been committed though...

Zetsu

Quote from: "cc"I disagree strongly on shrinks or psychologists . I was at one time married to one with his masters and so got to know several of them off the job and off guard

Egomaniacs who think they are smart in general  (their downfall / Achilles heel) who can't figure anyone smart out

What you say is true, but a psychiatrist doesn't just rely on what the patient tell them, sometimes they understand the person better than themselves, they have definitely have their ways, you can bet on that, else criminal psychiatry wouldn't exist in the first place.

Criminal psychiatry exists only after an individual has committed a crime.  It is fairly useless at predicting a crime before it has been committed though...

They definitely can't predict the future, but the purpose is to see who is mentally qualified and stable to own a firearm.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Mel"My guess:  His two denture clinics were ordered closed due to covid (he worked at them both).  People in this business usually have pandemic insurance that covers some revenue loss.  I'll assume he had this insurance, but perhaps it wasn't enough.  Lease for both buildings would be expected by landlord also.

He also owned three residential properties, one which he lived in.  The other two probably rented out.  Mortgages still need to be paid, but renters out of work and can't pay, and he can't remove them.

His entire world is now collapsing.  He torches his house, shoots the renters in his other houses and torches them too.

Goes out in a hail of bullets.

TL/DR?  China virus made this guy snap!

I'll send copy to the RCMP N.S. .. and they can close the case tonight

:roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"They definitely can't predict the future, but the purpose is to see who is mentally qualified and stable to own a firearm.

A person often can't determine what another person may do in the future, no matter how well they are trained.  It is simply not possible.

Some serial killers were married.  It is a shock to them when they learn their husbands have been arrested for these crimes.  Their neighbours are in shock.  The entire family is in shock.  Their co-workers are in shock.

If a guy can spend months or even years serial killing, while fooling the people he literally lives with every single day, I can assure you he can fool a shrink too.  Don't ever assume that some of the people that commit these crimes are dumb.  Some have an IQ that would probably soar above your average shrink...

Anonymous

I'll send copy to the RCMP N.S. .. and they can close the case tonight

Thank you.  It's time my talents stop going to waste...

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"He could've had ongoing mental health problems too?  Who knows? A lot of mental health issues go ignored until someone gets killed.

There are A LOT of people out there with mental health issues and some of them are 'professionals'...nobody does anything....look at Trump...

Sadly what you've mentioned couldn't be anymore correct.  At least our government should require each person to take a psychiatry test before getting a PAL, and visit their local psychologist for guidance once a year to see if there's anything odd is going on, the facts is gun ownership is something not to underestimate or play with.

It's part of the issue obviously.  Anyone can be a 'professional' until they snap.  It happens in all walks of life.  People are very good at a hiding it...the smarter they are, the more dangerous it becomes.

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if his wife left him for another man...he could've been abusive...those types are fuckin nuts but come across as so charming.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Zetsu"They definitely can't predict the future, but the purpose is to see who is mentally qualified and stable to own a firearm.

A person often can't determine what another person may do in the future, no matter how well they are trained.  It is simply not possible.

Some serial killers were married.  It is a shock to them when they learn their husbands have been arrested for these crimes.  Their neighbours are in shock.  The entire family is in shock.  Their co-workers are in shock.

If a guy can spend months or even years serial killing, while fooling the people he literally lives with every single day, I can assure you he can fool a shrink too.  Don't ever assume that some of the people that commit these crimes are dumb.  Some have an IQ that would probably soar above your average shrink...

Those are psychopaths you're talking about Mel, and the best of the best too.  In reality most people that choose to break the law are usually dumb people mainly b/c they can't keep up with society's standards.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"I just want to point out that the killer is white.

I just want to point out that the guy below is South Korean...

https://i.ibb.co/02dK10x/Cho-Seung-hui-3.jpg">

Berry Sweet

I said the same thing a few posts back...aren't ya proud of me Shen?  :laugh:

Zetsu

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"He could've had ongoing mental health problems too?  Who knows? A lot of mental health issues go ignored until someone gets killed.

There are A LOT of people out there with mental health issues and some of them are 'professionals'...nobody does anything....look at Trump...

Sadly what you've mentioned couldn't be anymore correct.  At least our government should require each person to take a psychiatry test before getting a PAL, and visit their local psychologist for guidance once a year to see if there's anything odd is going on, the facts is gun ownership is something not to underestimate or play with.

It's part of the issue obviously.  Anyone can be a 'professional' until they snap.  It happens in all walks of life.  People are very good at a hiding it...the smarter they are, the more dangerous it becomes.

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if his wife left him for another man...he could've been abusive...those types are fuckin nuts but come across as so charming.

Yep, I've seen a lot of these kind of people in HK too before, while dating they can really nice to each other, but once married either one of them becomes nothing but a source of trouble for the unfortunate SO, and cause a vicious cycle.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

I said the same thing a few posts back...aren't ya proud of me Shen?  :laugh:

ac_drinks

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview