Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:01:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

A

Live Stream of Social Unrest...

Started by Anonymous, May 27, 2020, 08:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

They could have just closed the doors on the street car. That shooter cop was suspended with pay.

cc

That bus shooting was extremely terrible abuse of authority

Was that "for the moment" or Is that how it ended up in the end?

It's looking bad tonight. Cops will confront a lot more but seems no letup. So many cities now

Hell, they went for the White House last night

Mayors having cops hold off, give them an area to destroy (Ferguson, Minneapolis, Atlanta etc etc etc) sets the stage shows weakness / no resolve  ... encourages  MUCH more violence
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

cc

Sorry to rain on your "soul" parade, but you got in the wrong line & didn't get one

:sad:

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=364133 time=1590888820 user_id=88
That bus shooting was extremely terrible abuse of authority

Was that "for the moment" or Is that how it ended up in the end?

It's looking bad tonight. Cops will confront a lot more but seems no letup. So many cities now

Hell, they went for the White House last night

Mayors having cops hold off, give them an area to destroy (Ferguson, Minneapolis, Atlanta etc etc etc) sets the stage shows weakness / no resolve  ... encourages  MUCH more violence

I don't know. I'd like believe the killer cop was held accountable.

cc

I'll search it - Wiki should be ok for this one

The death of Sammy Yatim occurred early in the morning of July 27, 2013, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Yatim, an 18-year-old Toronto male armed with a switchblade knife, was shot at nine times, and was hit by eight of the shots fired by 30-year-old Toronto Police Service (TPS) officer James Forcillo. After being shot, while laying on the floor of the streetcar he was tasered. He later died from the injuries.[3] The incident occurred after Yatim, brandishing a 12 cm (4.7 in) switchblade knife in a Toronto streetcar,[4] advanced on a passenger,[5] threatened other passengers, and exposed himself.[6] The confrontation between Yatim and the police was recorded and footage of it was released publicly, prompting strong reactions across Canada.[7]

On August 19, 2013, Forcillo was charged with second-degree murder. On July 30, 2014, he was also charged with attempted murder. On January 25, 2016, he was found not guilty of second-degree murder and manslaughter, but guilty of attempted murder.[8] On July 28, he was sentenced to six years in prison.[1] The next day, he was granted bail pending an appeal of the court's sentence.[9] His appeal was denied and he was granted parole after serving 2 years in prison.

----------------

https://nationalpost.com/news/full-parole-for-toronto-cop-who-shot-teen-sammy-yatim-on-empty-streetcar">https://nationalpost.com/news/full-paro ... -streetcar">https://nationalpost.com/news/full-parole-for-toronto-cop-who-shot-teen-sammy-yatim-on-empty-streetcar

TORONTO — A police officer who fatally shot a distraught teenager on an empty Toronto streetcar more than six years ago has been granted full parole, with officials noting his progress reintegrating into society.

In a written decision released Tuesday, the Parole Board of Canada said James Forcillo is a low risk for reoffending and has shown a high level of motivation and accountability while on day parole.

The two-member board panel said Forcillo, 37, no longer requires ongoing psychological counselling, which had been a condition of his day parole.

Awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .... Bloody Unreal!!!     :yuk:

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=364141 time=1590891032 user_id=88
I'll search it - Wiki should be ok for this one

The death of Sammy Yatim occurred early in the morning of July 27, 2013, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Yatim, an 18-year-old Toronto male armed with a switchblade knife, was shot at nine times, and was hit by eight of the shots fired by 30-year-old Toronto Police Service (TPS) officer James Forcillo. After being shot, while laying on the floor of the streetcar he was tasered. He later died from the injuries.[3] The incident occurred after Yatim, brandishing a 12 cm (4.7 in) switchblade knife in a Toronto streetcar,[4] advanced on a passenger,[5] threatened other passengers, and exposed himself.[6] The confrontation between Yatim and the police was recorded and footage of it was released publicly, prompting strong reactions across Canada.[7]

On August 19, 2013, Forcillo was charged with second-degree murder. On July 30, 2014, he was also charged with attempted murder. On January 25, 2016, he was found not guilty of second-degree murder and manslaughter, but guilty of attempted murder.[8] On July 28, he was sentenced to six years in prison.[1] The next day, he was granted bail pending an appeal of the court's sentence.[9] His appeal was denied and he was granted parole after serving 2 years in prison.

----------------

https://nationalpost.com/news/full-parole-for-toronto-cop-who-shot-teen-sammy-yatim-on-empty-streetcar">https://nationalpost.com/news/full-paro ... -streetcar">https://nationalpost.com/news/full-parole-for-toronto-cop-who-shot-teen-sammy-yatim-on-empty-streetcar

TORONTO — A police officer who fatally shot a distraught teenager on an empty Toronto streetcar more than six years ago has been granted full parole, with officials noting his progress reintegrating into society.

In a written decision released Tuesday, the Parole Board of Canada said James Forcillo is a low risk for reoffending and has shown a high level of motivation and accountability while on day parole.

The two-member board panel said Forcillo, 37, no longer requires ongoing psychological counselling, which had been a condition of his day parole.

Awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .... Bloody Unreal!!!     :yuk:

No, it's real and expected. Killer cops are not held accountable in Canada.

Vancouver

The violent protests has got to stop. Cars burned, buildings ransacked. The ex-officer was already arrested. These protests are becoming something else than the original intent. People just want to be angry. let's go riot and bring your kids.

Have your Children pepper sprayed.

">
Time is malleable

Odinson

The Minneapolis authorities are saying that most of the arrested rioters are not from Minneapolis.

Competing foreign powers are hiring provocateurs to make things worse.

Odinson

Quote from: Vancouver post_id=364155 time=1590917581 user_id=65
The violent protests has got to stop. Cars burned, buildings ransacked. The ex-officer was already arrested. These protests are becoming something else than the original intent. People just want to be angry. let's go riot and bring your kids.

">

Thats the parents fault..

Since when did it become acceptable to bring your kids into these things..

Anonymous

"The ease that so many politicians and commentators have at encouraging this anarchy signals a pathology and wickedness....People's lives are not yours to play with. If you support "burning it down" volunteer YOUR home. DON'T volunteer on the behalf of others".

Andy Ngo

Odinson

President Trump called George Floyds brother..

And it seems that he didnt even do that right..

Everything Trump does is somehow turned into a bad thing.

Anonymous

Quote from: Vancouver post_id=364155 time=1590917581 user_id=65

">

Putting kids harm's way is inexcusable.

Anonymous

Here's how the Minneapolis riots have affected Somali owned businesses.

Heartbreak for Somali business owners in Minneapolis

MINNEAPOLIS — At a little past midnight on Saturday as smoke billowed and flames rose from the tops of a nearby bank and a post office building, Minneapolis grocery store owner Mohammad Abdi knew he had a critical business decision to make.

Either go out into the street and confront the dangerous vandals and looters who were preparing to torch his Tawakal Halal Grocery or standby and watch them destroy his livelihood.

"I told them this is my business, this is my building, please don't do it," he said late on Saturday morning, pointing to the alcove in the front of his building where footprints remained from the looters, who were armed with accelerant.

"I didn't yell, I stayed calm. I told them that I didn't do anything to them. And they left," he added.

The 35-year-old Somali man stayed awake through the night and into the morning to watch over the grocery and

A & D Food Market, another grocery he owns across the street in Minneapolis' Lyndale neighbourhood, on the city's southwest side.

Minneapolis has the largest Somali community in the United States. Abdi said his businesses remained intact thanks to a group of two dozen friends and customers who also stood watch all night and shooed off groups off vandals.

It is a testament, he said, to the tightly knit community of residents from his native east African nation. "I was really happy with my community in the way it helped me out," he said. "They love me and trust me."

Peaceful protests have unravelled into nightly riots in this Midwestern city following a bystander video on Monday showing a white Minneapolis police officer pinning his knee into the neck of an unarmed black man who later died.

The death of the man, George Floyd, has sparked outrage and violent protests across the U.S. even after the officer, Derek Chauvin, was arrested and charged Friday

with murder and manslaughter.

Throughout the day on Saturday, teams of community members and business owners sombrely swept up broken glass and debris as they surveyed blocks of damaged and destroyed businesses.

Volunteers also prepared for another night of violence by putting up boards on exposed windows on Abdi's stores and other businesses in the neighbourhood.

"I can do nothing, but everything else is something. I have four kids so I have a lot of excuses. But I can't, this is my city," said Lynn Fields, who lived in Minneapolis before moving to St. Paul, a city 16 km to the east, as she helped board up Tawakal Halal Grocery late on Saturday afternoon.

In addition to a post office and a bank branch, other nearby businesses were torched over the last few nights of riots, including a convenience store and a drugstore.

"It's heartbreaking, just heartbreaking. We are on our own to protect our businesses. We don't have a choice," said Robleh Jama, 40, who works at Al-hussein Perfumes, a store next to Tawakal Halal Grocery.

"They came to destroy," the 40-year-old from Somalia said.

Abdi said that a "black owned" business sign in his front window did not help stop the violent protesters, neither did police officers who focused on clearing the streets of violent protesters rather than protecting local businesses.

"What I saw was really worse than what I saw in Somalia," said Abdi, who fled his native war-torn country in 2004. "It was really, really sad. Wow! Just wow!"

What I saw was really worse than what I saw in Somalia. It was really, really sad.

Minneapolis grocery store owner Mohammad Abdi, who fled native war-torn country in 2014

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview