News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10385
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:06:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Best Damned Fried Chicken In All Of Edmonton Is...

Started by Anonymous, November 19, 2013, 05:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

I don't know. I can't take them both in one time anyway. I find my throat uncomfortable after having a pack of macdonald's fries but not always. so I will skip something deep fried as possible as I can

Hmm, I have to say that I have never heard of a reaction to French fries??

I'm ok to eat anything, but I just can't take too much of anything deep fried

It's not good for ya, but it is so bloody tasty.

jaysings

I'll prefer bland and mild foods like Japanese foods, or noodle soup like vietnamese foods

Anonymous

I'll prefer bland and mild foods like Japanese foods, or noodle soup like vietnamese foods

If by bland you mean not spicy, then fried foods are usually bland..

Japanese is not usually spicy, but wasabi is..

Vietnamese food although usually not very hot does use chillies.

Renee

Yeah well just about everything that tastes good is bad for you. The way I see it, we're all going to die of something and there are worse ways to go than death by fried chicken. :lol:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Yeah well just about everything that tastes good is bad for you. The way I see it, we're all going to die of something and there are worse ways to go than death by fried chicken. :lol:

As that great philosopher Homer J. would say....

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJY26LQfbZ6xO_IbbwtZO8Y7RtoT48Eif625xDPqK2-oqsZT-jtA">

jaysings

Quote from: "Fashionista"

accurately, what I meant is "weak taste". noodle and congee are my favours. I like spicy only when something spicy in soup or hotpot like hot sore soup.

Anonymous

accurately, what I meant is "weak taste". noodle and congee are my favours. I like spicy only when something spicy in soup or hotpot like hot sore soup.

I love hotpot too Jay, especially in winter. I like hot and sour soup too, but I never feel sore from it though. ;)

jaysings

Right, death isn't scary, but dying and suffering from a kind of severe disease but not life-threatening are more horrible than death.

Anonymous

Right, death isn't scary, but dying and suffering from a kind of severe disease but not life-threatening are more horrible than death.

When I do go someday, I hope it will be while having some insanely wild sex. :D

jaysings

I love hotpot too Jay, especially in winter. I like hot and sour soup too, but I never feel sore from it though. ;)

me here! I like that only because spicy, whether sore or not doesn't really matter me. Hotpot is great in spicy, but sometimes I have my throat inflamed after the meal. wasabi is my favour too by the way. I heard that wasabi is able to sterilize parasites with sashimi.

jaysings

always keep your health in good condition. exercise twice a week, and over 40 it's better to abstain from any kind of red meats. while meats like fish, and vegetable are good for health. so enjoy what u like when u are young

Anonymous

always keep your health in good condition. exercise twice a week, and over 40 it's better to abstain from any kind of red meats. while meats like fish, and vegetable are good for health. so enjoy what u like when u are young

Lots of sex too Jay, very important. ;)

Renee

Yeah well dying of some disease is the way most people go out of this world. Those who just drop dead without suffering are the lucky few.

I don't want to sound morose but that's reality.  IMHO I would rather die at age 60 of a cholesterol induced massive heart attack than live to age 85 and spend the last 10 or 15 years physically and mentally failing by the day.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Yeah well dying of some disease is the way most people go out of this world. Those who just drop dead without suffering are the lucky few.

I don't want to sound morose but that's reality.  IMHO I would rather die at age 60 of a cholesterol induced massive heart attack than live to age 85 and spend the last 10 or 15 years physically and mentally failing by the day.

In theory I agree with you Renee. However, I want to put off death as long as I possibly can(like anyone). My grandpa died in early spring 2012. He smoked for over 50 years and went down pretty quick. No years of wearing adult Depends, no years of not knowing my grandma, his daughter(my mommy) or me. A quick painful illness and he was gone. I only have memories of him as a tough-as-nails retired People's Liberation Army officer and not as an invalid.

Renee

In theory I agree with you Renee. However, I want to put off death as long as I possibly can(like anyone). My grandpa died in early spring 2012. He smoked for over 50 years and went down pretty quick. No years of wearing adult Depends, no years of not knowing my grandma, his daughter(my mommy) or me. A quick painful illness and he was gone. I only have memories of him as a tough-as-nails retired People's Liberation Army officer and not as an invalid.

Well I can tell you that I've seen it both ways. My grandparents on my mom's side went in pretty much opposite ways. My grandmother was a big woman, weighed easily over 400lbs. She ate what she wanted, as much as she wanted and when she wanted. I don't think that woman had as much as a cold in all the years I can remember. At age 66 she went face down in the pork roast on New Year's Day 1998 of a massive heart attack. No suffering, no nothing, just there one minute and gone the next. Her husband my grandfather, wasn't so lucky. 9 years after his wife died he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. Within the next 5 years he went from being a relatively healthy 78 year old guy to being a 83 year old drooling zombie laying in a nursing home shitting on himself until he finally died. Unfortunately because of the toll the disease took on him I still have trouble remembering him as the active well-liked and respected man that he was.

Now ask me which way I want to live and die?