The best topic

Replies: 10380
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:23:38 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

mermaids the body found

Started by keeper, January 03, 2014, 11:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

keeper

Did anyone see this last night on the discovery Channel or History channel. There was another show that followed that was a live feed. The footage was unbelievable, Im not sure what my view is on this but it was amazing footage.

keeper

Here is what i watched.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Did anyone see this last night on the discovery Channel or History channel. There was another show that followed that was a live feed. The footage was unbelievable, Im not sure what my view is on this but it was amazing footage.

No, I didn't see it, but I wish I did Keeper..

I will Google it for images.

keeper

Watch the utube video, skip to the 30 minute mark, that's what i was referring to

Anonymous

This is not what comes to mind when I think of mermaids Keeper.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1HEKQecF0GXBLzkzJmlxATUrvCu44oaA-jJOHDPfwYYHhB6FQ">

It doesn't look like Daryl Hannah.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpemxm4bGMOBafGgvcOBERpMPNXAYbUsKrcCNvcIUlsml38bekTg">

keeper

Watch the video, you will become a believer.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Watch the video, you will become a believer.

It says the "video has been blocked in your country on copyright grounds".

keeper

we live in the same country lol, i can watch it fine, has to be your settings maybe?

Annie

Haha, the cut out of the mermaid at the 10 mark or so, and the digital computer made of a mermaid on the rock going into the water, so fake! Also around the 10 mark. You can see the jerkiness, sea creatures aren't jerky.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Maybe you are right Keeper..

Here's a shorter one.

Romero

Sorry Keeps, it's another 'hoax mockumentary' that has become popular and causing controversy recently.

QuoteSunday's "documentary" Mermaids: The New Evidence delivered 3.6 million viewers, shattering the network's ratings record. Yup, even bigger than the Puppy Bowl. The program is not only a hoax, but a sequel to a hoax — to last year's rather effortlessly debunked Mermaids: The Body Found, which fooled more viewers than you'd think.

The straight-faced Mermaids specials basically play like Alien Autopsy for a new generation. Both Animal Planet specials purportedly show video of mermaids in the Greenland Sea, with actors playing scientists. The specials also darkly suggest there's government cover-up of mermaid evidence, complete with a spin-off site that says it's been seized by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security.

Animal Planet's press release touting the new ratings continued the game, referring to the special's "exclusive interview with Dr. Paul Robertson, former NOAA scientist." There was a disclaimer that the program is science fiction, but you have to look for it in the show's closing credits.

So let's take a moment to appreciate this: Animal Planet is 17 years old. The channel is dedicated to series and specials about the natural world. And the most-watched program in its history is about a non-existent creature.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/28/mermaids-animal-planet-ratings/">//http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/28/mermaids-animal-planet-ratings/

All's fair in tv and ratings, but I think it's awful. These channels aren't supposed to be silly fictional tabloid material. They're supposed to be serious. People are being tricked because they don't expect it and are led to believe it.

Discovery Channel has tried to make viewers believe the prehistoric shark Megalodon still exists, and the History Channel has had Ancient Aliens. This crap isn't supposed to be on these channels!

Odinson

keeper

Quote from: "Romero"Sorry Keeps, it's another 'hoax mockumentary' that has become popular and causing controversy recently.

QuoteSunday's "documentary" Mermaids: The New Evidence delivered 3.6 million viewers, shattering the network's ratings record. Yup, even bigger than the Puppy Bowl. The program is not only a hoax, but a sequel to a hoax — to last year's rather effortlessly debunked Mermaids: The Body Found, which fooled more viewers than you'd think.

The straight-faced Mermaids specials basically play like Alien Autopsy for a new generation. Both Animal Planet specials purportedly show video of mermaids in the Greenland Sea, with actors playing scientists. The specials also darkly suggest there's government cover-up of mermaid evidence, complete with a spin-off site that says it's been seized by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security.

They just lost a viewer  :evil:

Animal Planet's press release touting the new ratings continued the game, referring to the special's "exclusive interview with Dr. Paul Robertson, former NOAA scientist." There was a disclaimer that the program is science fiction, but you have to look for it in the show's closing credits.

So let's take a moment to appreciate this: Animal Planet is 17 years old. The channel is dedicated to series and specials about the natural world. And the most-watched program in its history is about a non-existent creature.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/28/mermaids-animal-planet-ratings/">//http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/28/mermaids-animal-planet-ratings/

All's fair in tv and ratings, but I think it's awful. These channels aren't supposed to be silly fictional tabloid material. They're supposed to be serious. People are being tricked because they don't expect it and are led to believe it.

Discovery Channel has tried to make viewers believe the prehistoric shark Megalodon still exists, and the History Channel has had Ancient Aliens. This crap isn't supposed to be on these channels!

They just lost a viewer

Chickenfeets

Thank you Romero.

I am always left to wonder why people feel the need to believe in this sort of cartoon silliness.

And why is it that people never think to look for mermen? I mean, it stands to reason that, if there are mermaids, there must also be mermen around. And what of merboys and mergirls? You never hear about those. They're like baby pigeons.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"Thank you Romero.

I am always left to wonder why people feel the need to believe in this sort of cartoon silliness.And why is it that people never think to look for mermen? I mean, it stands to reason that, if there are mermaids, there must also be mermen around. And what of merboys and mergirls? You never hear about those. They're like baby pigeons.

I don't know Chickenfeets, perhaps it is the childlike imaginative side in all of this..

There are intelligent, rational adults who believe in sasquatch, the lochness monster and the abominable snowman.