Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Greetings, infidels!!!

Started by Bricktop, March 10, 2021, 07:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=405307 time=1615843976 user_id=88
Blaze will of course speak for his area,

but from my experience in dealing with Civil Engineers over the phone to teach how to use our software, the various southern flavors (Carolinas, West Virginia, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee  etc. nothing has changed a bit since I used to go there when young

I love the wonderful accents  .. sweet sounds to me .. + they all were in every case I can recall far more courteous on the phone than northerners or Canadians

The drawl is alive and thrives.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

cc

Yes,it is and does

I love to hear them. South Eastern US accents, while similarly based, change slightly from area to area
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I used to do trips to Pembina, North Dakota earlier in my career. American crews would takeover from there. Lots of transplanted Southerners with heavy drawls living there.

Blazor

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=405298 time=1615840107 user_id=3254
Quote from: Blazor post_id=405295 time=1615835975 user_id=2221
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=405288 time=1615827275 user_id=1676
I used to hate when southerners in Tennessee called me a Yankee to my face or treated me like one with the silent treatment.

So rude...

Fuck that, I know you're an honorary Southerner  ac_drinks

Is Southern culture, ie, the drawl and the language disappearing?

Not for the country folk, and there is a LOT of us country folk lol. If you go into the Liberal infested city though, you wont find much drawl.

The more they try to cancel our culture this past year, the more of us are rising up. WE are the monuments now!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: cc post_id=405307 time=1615843976 user_id=88
Blaze will of course speak for his area,

but from my experience in dealing with Civil Engineers over the phone to teach how to use our software, the various southern flavors (Carolinas, West Virginia, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee  etc. nothing has changed a bit since I used to go there when young

I love the wonderful accents  .. sweet sounds to me .. + they all were in every case I can recall far more courteous on the phone than northerners or Canadians

acc_hugz

Thanks! I do my best to be a Southern Gentleman, with Southern Hospitality!  ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=405328 time=1615905492 user_id=2221
I used to hate when southerners in Tennessee called me a Yankee to my face or treated me like one with the silent treatment.

So rude...

Not for the country folk, and there is a LOT of us country folk lol. If you go into the Liberal infested city though, you wont find much drawl.

The more they try to cancel our culture this past year, the more of us are rising up. WE are the monuments now!

So, the cities of the South are losing their drawl.

Blazor

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=405332 time=1615913230 user_id=3254

So rude...

I cannot attest for all cities, but the liberal filled ones sure are.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=405347 time=1615919262 user_id=2221
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=405332 time=1615913230 user_id=3254

I cannot attest for all cities, but the liberal filled ones sure are.

Which one are liberal?

I assume Atlanta is one of them.

Zetsu

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=405191 time=1615765154 user_id=1560
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=404986 time=1615588500 user_id=61
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=404877 time=1615507333 user_id=1560
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=404796 time=1615434060 user_id=61
Heya Bricktop  ac_cool

It's definitely awesome to see you again.  Sorry to hear about what happened to your leg, seriously hope your knee recovers soon, promise us please you'll get some quality rest for a speedy recovery.

BTW congratz on your soon to be born grandchild, hope things goes well and keep us updated on the good news.  ac_drinks

Thanks, Zetsu. Baby isn't due for a while yet, but apparently and according to current custom there will be a "baby reveal" party between now and then.

How's the menagerie doing? How are things in HK given the current turmoil?

The birdies are getting a bit restless lol, since I stop letting out of the cages each morning due to the poop clean up.  While the quails are just busy running around in circles in their cages, the pigeons are already brooding their 3rd pair of eggs, and I'm running out of bird cages again.  :laugh:

Hongkong's riot has finally stopped since the pandemic, but then CCP have added a few new lame laws criminalizing anyone that says anything about them that'll "lead" to others dislike or hate the evil CCP.   Next step CCP's planning to remove HK dual citizenship system in the next few years, it seems like the one country 2 system policy will be ending prematurely.  ac_unsure

Sad. I feel that it was always inevitable. Trusting the CCP is like trusting a cardboard walking stick. Will you be staying in Toronto permanently now?

Yea, now that HK has lost their main advantage over mainland China's cities, aside from having a more free economic system, right now it's just slowly becoming another Chinese city.  I'll be staying in Toronto, even if I want to go back to HK, leaving won't be easy as the the t-shirt printing business need to be up and running else we'll lose our biggest customers, plus being half disable myself never made it convenient for me to travel most of the time.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=405384 time=1615950591 user_id=61
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=405191 time=1615765154 user_id=1560
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=404986 time=1615588500 user_id=61
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=404877 time=1615507333 user_id=1560
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=404796 time=1615434060 user_id=61
Heya Bricktop  ac_cool

It's definitely awesome to see you again.  Sorry to hear about what happened to your leg, seriously hope your knee recovers soon, promise us please you'll get some quality rest for a speedy recovery.

BTW congratz on your soon to be born grandchild, hope things goes well and keep us updated on the good news.  ac_drinks

Thanks, Zetsu. Baby isn't due for a while yet, but apparently and according to current custom there will be a "baby reveal" party between now and then.

How's the menagerie doing? How are things in HK given the current turmoil?

The birdies are getting a bit restless lol, since I stop letting out of the cages each morning due to the poop clean up.  While the quails are just busy running around in circles in their cages, the pigeons are already brooding their 3rd pair of eggs, and I'm running out of bird cages again.  :laugh:

Hongkong's riot has finally stopped since the pandemic, but then CCP have added a few new lame laws criminalizing anyone that says anything about them that'll "lead" to others dislike or hate the evil CCP.   Next step CCP's planning to remove HK dual citizenship system in the next few years, it seems like the one country 2 system policy will be ending prematurely.  ac_unsure

Sad. I feel that it was always inevitable. Trusting the CCP is like trusting a cardboard walking stick. Will you be staying in Toronto permanently now?

Yea, now that HK has lost their main advantage over mainland China's cities, aside from having a more free economic system, right now it's just slowly becoming another Chinese city.  I'll be staying in Toronto, even if I want to go back to HK, leaving won't be easy as the the t-shirt printing business need to be up and running else we'll lose our biggest customers, plus being half disable myself never made it convenient for me to travel most of the time.

Peking has taken back most of the advantages that Hong Kong had over mainland cities..

Singpaore is Asia's international city now.

Thiel

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=404749 time=1615423325 user_id=1560
Just thought I'd pop in and say hello to my old Cashew friends.

All is well in Oz...but for the fact that I had a little accident at home and banged up my left leg. Couple of small fractures and some knee surgery required...but nothing that won't heal. Growing old sucks. Don't DO it. I'm on one leg at the moment!!!

Another grand baby on the way later this year bringing the total to 6!!!

The Plague has had very little effect in South Australia relative to other parts of Australia and the world. One lockdown that lasted 3 days, and the usual check in process so we can be tracked by our benevolent government. But that's it. We had more deaths from conventional flu than Covid. Sadly, our planned junket to Europe was cancelled, but we got full refunds so no harm done. Next year, maybe.

I hope you are all well and healthy and your tests are negative. Having that swab jammed up your nose is no fun!!!

Geetings grandpa.
gay, conservative and proud

Bricktop

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=405252 time=1615806537 user_id=114
I had a wee sip of Laphroaig Quarter Cask Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky on Saturday. You wouldn't have liked it Bricktop.  ac_razz

Bastard!!!

ac_sothere

Frood

Sipping wee?

Hmmm... I saw that in an internet video once.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: Blazor post_id=405273 time=1615826635 user_id=2221
I had a wee sip of Laphroaig Quarter Cask Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky on Saturday. You wouldn't have liked it Bricktop.  ac_razz

I LOVE Laphroaig!!!!

I tried a different one this year, which is  REAL similar, and from the same area.... Ardbeg  ac_drinks

You can walk between the two distilleries...and trust me, you'd better.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=405673 time=1616132137 user_id=1560
Quote from: Blazor post_id=405273 time=1615826635 user_id=2221

I LOVE Laphroaig!!!!

I tried a different one this year, which is  REAL similar, and from the same area.... Ardbeg  ac_drinks

You can walk between the two distilleries...and trust me, you'd better.

Are most of the distilleries in the same area?