The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Justice in America? I don't think so.

Started by Bricktop, April 20, 2021, 08:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=409667 time=1619741942 user_id=1560
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=409607 time=1619700600 user_id=3254
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=409599 time=1619675717 user_id=1560
We're getting there. Once we get the system up and running we'll get vaccinated pretty quickly. There's no need for panic. Nobody is getting on an airplane any time in the next 2 years.

We are Bricktop..

My husband and I are planning a trip to the Netherlands over Christmas to visit his relatives.

Don't pack your bags just yet.

We'll both be fully vaccinated by August 1..

We'll be given proof of vaccination which will allow us to travel to the EU....at least that's our understanding.

Bricktop

The current vaccinations only prevent symptoms from appearing. It does not prevent transmission by an asymptomatic carrier to another. You may be inoculated against symptoms, but you can still carry. If there is a breakout in your city a week before you're destined to leave, you won't be going anywhere regardless of the vaccination unless the entire country you're visiting has also been inoculated. International travel during this plague will be problematic and we have no means of estimating the many millions of potential consequences of borders opening.

As we have just witnessed here in Australia, people can "dodge" travel bans from specific countries by simply routing through so called "safer" countries. The incident here involved two Australian cricketers in India (travel from which is now banned here) travelling to Doha, Qatar (from which travel is not banned) and then travelling from Qatar to Australia.

We have now banned travellers who have recently been in high risk areas.

Now imagine this on a global scale if international travel restrictions are lifted. People from a high risk area, say India, who wish to travel to the UK may seek passage to a country which has not banned travel from India, then route through that country to the UK.

In other words, before travel you will hope that there has not been an outbreak in YOUR country, there is NOT an outbreak in your destination country and that your destination country forbids entry to travellers either from a high risk country or have travelled through a high risk country. Immigration officials will need to be certain of your recent travel history.

Without ALL nations co-operating on sharing traveller's history with all other nations, there is no way to know where the 350 people sitting in your aircraft come from, nor the many thousands of travellers moving through your departure and destination airports.

Like I said, don't pack just yet.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=409680 time=1619748780 user_id=1560
The current vaccinations only prevent symptoms from appearing. It does not prevent transmission by an asymptomatic carrier to another. You may be inoculated against symptoms, but you can still carry. If there is a breakout in your city a week before you're destined to leave, you won't be going anywhere regardless of the vaccination unless the entire country you're visiting has also been inoculated. International travel during this plague will be problematic and we have no means of estimating the many millions of potential consequences of borders opening.

As we have just witnessed here in Australia, people can "dodge" travel bans from specific countries by simply routing through so called "safer" countries. The incident here involved two Australian cricketers in India (travel from which is now banned here) travelling to Doha, Qatar (from which travel is not banned) and then travelling from Qatar to Australia.

We have now banned travellers who have recently been in high risk areas.

Now imagine this on a global scale if international travel restrictions are lifted. People from a high risk area, say India, who wish to travel to the UK may seek passage to a country which has not banned travel from India, then route through that country to the UK.

In other words, before travel you will hope that there has not been an outbreak in YOUR country, there is NOT an outbreak in your destination country and that your destination country forbids entry to travellers either from a high risk country or have travelled through a high risk country. Immigration officials will need to be certain of your recent travel history.

Without ALL nations co-operating on sharing traveller's history with all other nations, there is no way to know where the 350 people sitting in your aircraft come from, nor the many thousands of travellers moving through your departure and destination airports.

Like I said, don't pack just yet.

Recent results from real-world studies show the COVID-19 vaccines protect against asymptomatic infection, suggesting they also drastically reduce virus transmission.

Thiel

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=408922 time=1618964121 user_id=1560
So, the cop is adjudged guilty of murder.

Along with every other variant of corruption that underpins the US, we've now seen their judicial process revert to mob intimidation.

"Find him guilty or we'll burn you down". Even a member of congress publicly makes that threat.

Expect an appeal...this ain't over. There is NO way that jury was not influenced by the threat of mass rioting across the country if they had acquitted him.

I think the cop was dumb, brutal and well out of line. Manslaughter was an appropriate charge. But murder requires pre-mediation and some level of intent. There is no evidence that he intended to kill the prisoner. None.

There were members of congress, and the vice president telling jurors that the only accepted verdict was guilty on all countrs. Don't let the evidence distract you.
gay, conservative and proud

Bricktop

That's justice, American style.

Lynch them. It will teach them a lesson.

Thiel

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=409694 time=1619752845 user_id=1560

It is now. Not even during the Rodney King trial did president Clinton or VP Gore interfere with the trial of the officers involved.

Anonymous

Quote from: Thiel post_id=409695 time=1619752950 user_id=1688

It is now. Not even during the Rodney King trial did president Clinton or VP Gore interfere with the trial of the officers involved.

Right....I forgot about that..

Washington sayed out of that case.

Anonymous

Quote from: Thiel post_id=409695 time=1619752950 user_id=1688

The officers were acquitted so naturally those upset with the verdict robbed and ransacked businesses in LA's Koreatown.

Bricktop

Odd.

I don't recall white people rioting when OJ was acquitted of murdering two white people.

Or Michael Jackson acquitted of molesting white children.

Black rage is a thing. But talking about it makes you a "racist", as does any conversation about race that doesn't correspond with critical race theory.

Although, to be fair, the cops in the Rodney King matter should have been punished, as does the cop that killed Floyd. Police brutality in the US is also a thing (not just the US mind).

What is critical to us in the "free world" is that we break away from and completely reject the flawed and erroneous concept that America is "the leader of the free world". If this is our leader, we are in subterranean excrement.

Thiel

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=409707 time=1619759759 user_id=1560
Odd.

I don't recall white people rioting when OJ was acquitted of murdering two white people.

Black rage is a thing. But talking about it makes you a "racist", as does any conversation about race that doesn't correspond with critical race theory.

Although, to be fair, the cops in the Rodney King matter should have been punished, as does the cop that killed Floyd. Police brutality in the US is also a thing (not just the US mind).

What is critical to us in the "free world" is that we break away from and completely reject the flawed and erroneous concept that America is "the leader of the free world". If this is our leader, we are in subterranean excrement.

At least in the nineties during the trial of the officers involved in the Rodney King beating there was some semblance of judicial independence.

Bricktop

I am never sure.

King was brutalised by a gang. I thought then and now that it demanded some form of sanction against the offenders. That wasn't right.

But trying to second guess American justice is like trying to unravel China's claim on human rights.

Frood

Odd.

Difference being that both your examples were celebrities who knew people in the industries. The same goes on in the woke Hollywood culture today whether it's a Weinstein, Spacey, or quiet award winning director/composer. They circle the wagons to some extent...
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=409712 time=1619768805 user_id=1560
I am never sure.

King was brutalised by a gang. I thought then and now that it demanded some form of sanction against the offenders. That wasn't right.

But trying to second guess American justice is like trying to unravel China's claim on human rights.

I've witnessed Victoria Police surround a mentally disabled man with a hammer and put him down... that was in 1996-1997... East Bentleigh... I've witnessed equally disturbing things since.

Clean up your own backyard first, mate...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Thiel post_id=409709 time=1619760885 user_id=1688
Odd.

At least in the nineties during the trial of the officers involved in the Rodney King beating there was some semblance of judicial independence.

Derek Chauvin putting his knee on the upper back of George Floyd was no comparison to the brutal attack on Rodney King.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=409714 time=1619769514 user_id=1676

Clean up your own backyard first, mate...

WTF are you talking about??

:crazy:

cc

A rare moment of clarity for Dinky and you don't get it?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell