The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

I doubt the effectiveness of vaccines-convince me otherwise without stupid memes and videos

Started by Anonymous, October 12, 2021, 12:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=424163 time=1634578970 user_id=2221
If you still doubt if it works, let me help reinforce that with 3 words.....

Obama's Birthday Party.

And?

Bricktop

Anonymous

There was an increase in the number of cases on Matrtha's Vineyard after the Obama party, but we don't know if those cases are connected to his birthday bash.

cc

Today weekend results posted for Seoul as his thread title asks

According to the BC Ministry of Health, the unvaccinated were infected at a rate of 268 cases per 100,000 people from Oct. 8 to 14,

compared to 29.4 cases per 100,000 people among the fully vaccinated.

And that includes oldsters vaccinated long ago with no booster shots yet

At 9.1 - 1  .... As this at least  8 to 1 ration  is consistently the pattern for infectability continues  & over &  and everywhere ...  I'm not sure what more you want
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=424216 time=1634599123 user_id=88

According to the BC Ministry of Health, the unvaccinated were infected at a rate of 268 cases per 100,000 people from Oct. 8 to 14,

At 9.1 - 1  .... As this at least  8 to 1 ration  is consistently the pattern for infectability continues  & over &  and everywhere ...  I'm not sure what more you want

I hate to being banging the same gong, but this kind of statistic is deceptive!!! How can the number of "infected" be measured reliably when many will not be aware they are carrying the virus EVEN IF NOT VACCINATED. This data merely identifies the number of people who have shown symptoms. Vaccinated people won't be covered.

It does not mean they are not infected or infectious. It simply means they don't become ill.

This distinction is crucial, and governments are ignoring it to convince EVERYONE that vaccination will stop the spread. Unless someone presents at a medical facility with the virus, the count is invalid. They must test thousands of people, both vaxxed and unvaxxed, to assess if and how the virus moves through the population and the effect the vaccine has on that movement.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=424219 time=1634600660 user_id=1560
Quote from: cc post_id=424216 time=1634599123 user_id=88

I hate to being banging the same gong, but this kind of statistic is deceptive!!! How can the number of "infected" be measured reliably when many will not be aware they are carrying the virus EVEN IF NOT VACCINATED. This data merely identifies the number of people who have shown symptoms. Vaccinated people won't be covered.

It does not mean they are not infected or infectious. It simply means they don't become ill.

This distinction is crucial, and governments are ignoring it to convince EVERYONE that vaccination will stop the spread. Unless someone presents at a medical facility with the virus, the count is invalid. They must test thousands of people, both vaxxed and unvaxxed, to assess if and how the virus moves through the population and the effect the vaccine has on that movement.

It's logistically impossible to test everybody..

We test those with any sumptoms and those that have come in contact with an infected person,

Bricktop

And so your hit rate is going to be distorted by your sample characteristics. This is not helpful from a virus management perspective.

In order to accurately understand how the vaccine affects the virus the government needs to test a sample in the magnitude of hundreds of thousands that includes vaccinated vs unvaccinated. And then it needs to understand HOW those infected became infected.

I'm all for getting vaccinated if that is your choice, but I'm not for forcing people to undertake a course of action, particularly where their own bodies are concerned, when we understand so little about what impact the vaccine really has on the community.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=424235 time=1634607696 user_id=1560
And so your hit rate is going to be distorted by your sample characteristics. This is not helpful from a virus management perspective.

In order to accurately understand how the vaccine affects the virus the government needs to test a sample in the magnitude of hundreds of thousands that includes vaccinated vs unvaccinated. And then it needs to understand HOW those infected became infected.

I'm all for getting vaccinated if that is your choice, but I'm not for forcing people to undertake a course of action, particularly where their own bodies are concerned, when we understand so little about what impact the vaccine really has on the community.

Fash is right, that aint possible.

Frood

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=424235 time=1634607696 user_id=1560

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

That's a sane take...

Particularly where seasonal influenza and covid have similar rates of demise.

We'd be having an entirely different conversation if Ebola or Marburg was proliferating... I still wouldn't agree to forced or coerced jabs with those either, but it would be a moot point because the kill rate would be so high, it wouldn't matter if an emergency use vaccine did or didn't have years or a decade of study and testing... people would either get it, not get it, and live and die in very short order.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

And that is not totally impossible...our worst fears can yet come to pass, as Covid has proven.

I just heard on Fox News (which I realise is hardly impartial...but it was a medical researcher being interviewed) that 71% of those who have experienced the virus have demonstrated immunity against a second infection. He stated that this was around the same percentage of those who have been vaccinated.

Not sure what to make of it...

cc

Sadly there is less research on natural protection. I've read Ex Spurts all over the map on it from little to immense protection

They are getting no consideration for vaccine "passports" .. then the science is not settled because few are even addressing it ... This lack has boggled me from the gitgo

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=424249 time=1634615873 user_id=88
Sadly there is less research on natural protection. I've read Ex Spurts all over the map on it from little to immense protection

They are getting no consideration for vaccine "passports" .. then the science is not settled because few are even addressing it ... This lack has boggled me from the gitgo

I've read that natural immunity offers superior protection.

cc

I have also, but I've read otherwise also  .. and I've read "about equal"

That's why I mentioned so little has been studied about it .. and what has is often conflicting .. and I find that amazing and not fair to those who were infected

Frood

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=424247 time=1634615703 user_id=1560
And that is not totally impossible...our worst fears can yet come to pass, as Covid has proven.

I just heard on Fox News (which I realise is hardly impartial...but it was a medical researcher being interviewed) that 71% of those who have experienced the virus have demonstrated immunity against a second infection. He stated that this was around the same percentage of those who have been vaccinated.

Not sure what to make of it...

If you probe deeper, natural immunity is much more robust than vaxx immunity which has now proven to not stop transmission or infection.

So... get covid and survive it like the 98-99% do, and you're set... it's relegated to common cold status through all the broad immunological responses in the human body. Get jabbed, and you're beholden to an isolated spike protein based response and then primed for ADE (Antibody Dependent Enhancement)...

I get why the aged do it... but it's not a healthy choice in more youthful populations and especially the kids, which authorities are licking their chops over while doling out subterfuge to enable kid jabs sooner rather than later.

It all stinks...what started as 2 weeks to flatten the curve has morphed into a monster and the monster needs to feed feed feed...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=424254 time=1634617006 user_id=88
I have also, but I've read otherwise also  .. and I've read "about equal"

That's why I mentioned so little has been studied about it .. and what has is often conflicting .. and I find that amazing and not fair to those who were infected

It seems now natural immunity is considered at least as good as vaccines.