Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Gabby Petito - Brian Laundrie

Started by Bricktop, October 21, 2021, 01:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

https://bbc-edition.com/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-united-states-court-issues-arrest-warrant-for-the-boyfriend-of-the-murdered-young-woman-gabrielle-gabby-petito-t-mabry-carlton-jr-memorial-reser/">//https://bbc-edition.com/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-united-states-court-issues-arrest-warrant-for-the-boyfriend-of-the-murdered-young-woman-gabrielle-gabby-petito-t-mabry-carlton-jr-memorial-reser/

Can someone explain to me why this particular crime is given WORLD news coverage that is entirely disproportionate to the people involved who are just ordinary citizens like you and I?

A woman is murdered by her partner. Tragic. Unacceptable. I hope they burn him alive. I'd be happy to light the match. (Although it seems they've located the coward's body).

But why are so many news outlets ramming this event down the world's throat like it's the crime of the century?

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=424485 time=1634792728 user_id=1560
https://bbc-edition.com/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-united-states-court-issues-arrest-warrant-for-the-boyfriend-of-the-murdered-young-woman-gabrielle-gabby-petito-t-mabry-carlton-jr-memorial-reser/">//https://bbc-edition.com/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-united-states-court-issues-arrest-warrant-for-the-boyfriend-of-the-murdered-young-woman-gabrielle-gabby-petito-t-mabry-carlton-jr-memorial-reser/

Can someone explain to me why this particular crime is given WORLD news coverage that is entirely disproportionate to the people involved who are just ordinary citizens like you and I?

A woman is murdered by her partner. Tragic. Unacceptable. I hope they burn him alive. I'd be happy to light the match. (Although it seems they've located the coward's body).

But why are so many news outlets ramming this event down the world's throat like it's the crime of the century?

I'm so sorry, but I don't know the first thing about the case.

Anonymous

Didn't that gal have a big social media presence?

Bricktop

No idea.

It's just all over the news here, the UK and of course the US.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=424491 time=1634793255 user_id=1689

Didn't that gal have a big social media presence?

She was taking photos of her cross country adventure on Instagram and videos for Tik Tok.

Odinson

Its in the news even in here.

She was pretty and its a good story.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=424511 time=1634822050 user_id=136
Its in the news even in here.

She was pretty and its a good story.

She was pretty. The media machine tells us it's a good story.

Renee

I had no idea this was international news at this point. In the Gabby Petito case, I have been asking myself from the beginning why it is even national news. It should be a local news story and that is all.

Here in the US I can only surmise it is typical media diversion. The type of tabloid crap used to fill empty heads in an effort keep attention away from the important issues of the day...Why it is international news is anyone's guess but it's probably is serving a similar purpose. When the news media starts promoting nonsense like this you know something is afoot that they don't want you to be scrutinizing.

The fact that the Chinese dealings with the Taliban for the mineral rights to gold and lithium and the Biden Administrations possible connection has gotten so little attention in the US news compared to the death of a dimwitted nobody, says all you need to know.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Beats me.

cc

Tabloid has always existed among a "select"  :001_rolleyes: portion of the population

This one has all the right elements as Tabloid Gold

Today, once slightly creditable networks take a break from selling for the left and go full bore tabloid level when they can
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=424515 time=1634829044 user_id=156
I had no idea this was international news at this point. In the Gabby Petito case, I have been asking myself from the beginning why it is even national news. It should be a local news story and that is all.

Here in the US I can only surmise it is typical media diversion. The type of tabloid crap used to fill empty heads in an effort keep attention away from the important issues of the day...Why it is international news is anyone's guess but it's probably is serving a similar purpose. When the news media starts promoting nonsense like this you know something is afoot that they don't want you to be scrutinizing.

The fact that the Chinese dealings with the Taliban for the mineral rights to gold and lithium and the Biden Administrations possible connection has gotten so little attention in the US news compared to the death of a dimwitted nobody, says all you need to know.

That's not newsworthy.

:laugh:

Bricktop

The fact that it has become a global news headline has other connotations.

It suggests quite strongly that all news media outlets are intertwined and operate in unison. Perhaps even those that, on the surface, appear diametrically opposed to each other.

Deceiving people using mass media outlets has become a major industry...both "news" and "entertainment". They are weaponised to push agendas, propaganda and social manipulation, and make money by appealing to one or more community factions who presume them to be the one and only arbiters of truth. Enough drooling fools on either side of the divide exist to make bullshit profitable. And where the entire industry prospers, so do the individual players.

Every time you buy a paper or magazine, every time you watch their crap you are making them money and giving them reason to exist.

Burn their rags and change the channel. Starve them of their profits. Only then will they change.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=424555 time=1634853963 user_id=1560
The fact that it has become a global news headline has other connotations.

It suggests quite strongly that all news media outlets are intertwined and operate in unison. Perhaps even those that, on the surface, appear diametrically opposed to each other.

Deceiving people using mass media outlets has become a major industry...both "news" and "entertainment". They are weaponised to push agendas, propaganda and social manipulation, and make money by appealing to one or more community factions who presume them to be the one and only arbiters of truth. Enough drooling fools on either side of the divide exist to make bullshit profitable. And where the entire industry prospers, so do the individual players.

Every time you buy a paper or magazine, every time you watch their crap you are making them money and giving them reason to exist.

Burn their rags and change the channel. Starve them of their profits. Only then will they change.

Brother, I am doing my part.

Bricktop

Anonymous

The police believe they have found Brian Laundrie's remains.