The best topic

Replies: 10415
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:34:37 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

I tried beans and rice tonight...

Started by Frood, January 18, 2022, 06:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Threw in a bit of sliced up sausage and a whisked up egg with spices...

With or without the added stuff, I can understand how early American negros lived on and liked it .

My stored up rice and dried beans will make plenty of meals.
Blahhhhhh...

deadskinmask

learn how to make cornbread, if you don't already know.... and get about 3 or 4 good pieces of cast iron.... a dutch oven and some skillets are ideal.... you can setup a makeshift kitchen and knockout a meal in an hour or so.... i use beef jerky in beans, if i can't find any bacon.... get a nice supply of chopped and dried onions and chopped and dried bell pepper to add also.... plus some crushed red pepper flakes, if you like spicy type food.... you can keep your whole kit in the trunk of your car....

Blazor

I love rice and beans!  :thumbup:

Mix 'em together with some Cajun seasoning, mmmmmm.

Its always my go to side when I fry fish.

Deader, I like cornbread. I'll fry some kielbasa in the cast iron, to go with the beans and cornbread.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Frood

Thanks guys...

I keep many pounds of beans and rice on hand....and your suggestions give me ideas beyond 1-3 dishes.

I thank you both.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=435298 time=1642509153 user_id=1582
learn how to make cornbread, if you don't already know.... and get about 3 or 4 good pieces of cast iron.... a dutch oven and some skillets are ideal.... you can setup a makeshift kitchen and knockout a meal in an hour or so.... i use beef jerky in beans, if i can't find any bacon.... get a nice supply of chopped and dried onions and chopped and dried bell pepper to add also.... plus some crushed red pepper flakes, if you like spicy type food.... you can keep your whole kit in the trunk of your car....

Warm corn bread is nice with tea.

deadskinmask

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=435301 time=1642516601 user_id=3254

you might not be southern enough to enjoy it.... but i like cornbread in buttermilk with a little black pepper....

Erica Mena

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=435296 time=1642506857 user_id=1676

With or without the added stuff, I can understand how early American negros lived on and liked it .

You've been to LA barrio and are barely trying brand and rice NOW?
<t></t>

Blazor

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=435300 time=1642512789 user_id=1676
Thanks guys...

I keep many pounds of beans and rice on hand....and your suggestions give me ideas beyond 1-3 dishes.

I thank you both.

As an official Southerner, I must tell you the joy your tastebuds will have, if you simply throw a hamhock in them beans while cooking them.

Also, too much water will give it a soupy consistency, you'll want them a lil thicker. It will make it perfect for dipping your cornbread in, or your Polish Kielbasa.... dont dip you Aussie kielbasa in it.... unless your lady likes that kind of thing  :laugh:

Blazor

Do you like your cornbread sweet?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=435296 time=1642506857 user_id=1676

After many trips to Florida, I still can't do biscuits and gravy.

:yuk:

deadskinmask

Quote from: Blazor post_id=435307 time=1642525837 user_id=2221

eww. yuck.... i didn't even consider sweet cornbread.... we talk about it like an urban legend here.... not a real thing. just something to threaten kids with.... :laugh:

deadskinmask

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=435308 time=1642529170 user_id=114

you should try country ham and red eye gravy with biscuits....

Anonymous

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=435316 time=1642531470 user_id=1582
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=435308 time=1642529170 user_id=114

you should try country ham and red eye gravy with biscuits....

I'll pass.

deadskinmask

its okay.... i don't like white gravy.... i don't like grits either.... i still get invited to family reunions.... i'm still allowed on the furniture.... it was just a suggestion.... no problem....

Blazor

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=435315 time=1642531264 user_id=1582
Quote from: Blazor post_id=435307 time=1642525837 user_id=2221

eww. yuck.... i didn't even consider sweet cornbread.... we talk about it like an urban legend here.... not a real thing. just something to threaten kids with.... :laugh:

:laugh:

I like ALL cornbread lol.

My ex was a Yankee, she made sweet cornbread.

How in the hell does that even make sense, sweet cornbread up there, and no sweet tea! Total opposite here!

Oh you'll get a kick out of this hahahahaha.....

I was in the Lee Jackson day parade on Saturday, and we all met up to hear speakers after. They had tea.... unsweet tea! I heard a guy say "its all unsweet!? That aint gonna fly here! You sure they from around here?"  :laugh: