News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

And now for something completely different...

Started by Bricktop, January 25, 2022, 12:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: Herman post_id=436202 time=1643153097 user_id=1689
Quote from: cc post_id=436201 time=1643152946 user_id=88
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436199 time=1643152595 user_id=1560
True.

Woke crap, mostly.

Not the topic of this thread, but TV has  gone crazy woke .. every TV show including those that have been around a long time have changed drastically and are now chock full of the various areas of woke in every single show

Can you give an example.

Batwoman. Dr Who. Lost in Space. Anything Marvel. The Witcher. Masters of The Universe. And many, many others.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436203 time=1643153169 user_id=1560
10 lauded musical artists that I find dull and boring.

1. Eric Clapton. Overrated by a long way. Not seen him live...but from accounts, that's a good thing.

2. Fleetwood Mac. Not the original Fleetwood Mac. The Abba tribute band that calls themselves Fleetwood Mac. Dull.

3. Mariah Carey. The screeching makes my ears bleed.

4. Coldplay. I know...everyone thinks Coldplay are dull.

5. ELO. Nice little pop tunes, but Jeff Lynn is as animate as a cigar store Indian and looks even less interested in his songs than I am.

6. U2. Dreary at best, sanctimonious at worst. Yawn.

7. Elton John. His best music was decades ago. Literally.

8. Metallica. The same noise repeated as nauseum.

9. Ed Sheeran. I haven't listened to much of his stuff, but what I've heard is background dross.

10. Jethro Tull. I loved JT in the Aqualung/Thick as a Brick days...but since then they've played the same songs over and over.

I haven't included some artists like Adele, Britney or Justin Bieber because I've  never listened to them. Otherwise they may have made the list.

I agree with all of them except one and eight.

I think Pink Floyd and Nickelback are overrated.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436205 time=1643153370 user_id=1560
True.

Woke crap, mostly.

Not the topic of this thread, but TV has  gone crazy woke .. every TV show including those that have been around a long time have changed drastically and are now chock full of the various areas of woke in every single show

Can you give an example.

Batwoman. Dr Who. Lost in Space. Anything Marvel. The Witcher. Masters of The Universe. And many, many others.

Isn't Batwoman a dike now? I don't watch the others.

Bricktop

Quote from: Herman post_id=436206 time=1643153438 user_id=1689

1. Eric Clapton. Overrated by a long way. Not seen him live...but from accounts, that's a good thing.

2. Fleetwood Mac. Not the original Fleetwood Mac. The Abba tribute band that calls themselves Fleetwood Mac. Dull.

5. ELO. Nice little pop tunes, but Jeff Lynn is as animate as a cigar store Indian and looks even less interested in his songs than I am.

9. Ed Sheeran. I haven't listened to much of his stuff, but what I've heard is background dross.

10. Jethro Tull. I loved JT in the Aqualung/Thick as a Brick days...but since then they've played the same songs over and over.

I haven't included some artists like Adele, Britney or Justin Bieber because I've  never listened to them. Otherwise they may have made the list.

PF ALMOST made the list. I haven't heard Nickleback because according to legend, if you listen to their music you go into a deep and enduring coma.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436209 time=1643153828 user_id=1560
Quote from: Herman post_id=436206 time=1643153438 user_id=1689

PF ALMOST made the list. I haven't heard Nickleback because according to legend, if you listen to their music you go into a deep and enduring coma.

I cannot stand Nickelback's commmercial crap.

Anonymous

Air Supply and AC/DC. Both are really overrated.

cc

True.

Woke crap, mostly.

Can you give an example.

Chicago PD, Bluebloods, SVU, Law & Order etc. etc. are all cow-towing to new softer on crime rules of the new road  .. and are adding more and more gay and even trans people

Some long time members coming out gay etc. etc.

New ones all have a married to gay co-star  the new Law & Order International a classic example

There is a recent further Law & Order (I forget the suffix as It came on so woke & usually after white supremacists  I don't watch it)

It's first year for example the entire show was in pursuit of "extremely obvious" islamic plots from a mosque .. only to end up at the last moment being a white supremacist made it look like islamics ... references to January 6 supremacists in many crime shows +++++++++++

Permeation of CRT creeping into many (white guy bad, all others good)

I have no comedy shows I watch at this point in time but peaking in quickly I'm seeing more blatant  woke that the others I mentioned

That's just skimming the top
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Air Supply most definitely.

I'm not sure about AC/DC. Not a huge fan but they can get your feet tapping...especially from the Bon Scott era (he's from Adelaide!!!). Maybe other members have views on them.

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=436218 time=1643154683 user_id=88

all cow-towing to new softer on crime rules of the new road  .. and are adding more and more

Whilst your bovine reference is rather pointed and unintentionally witty...it's "kow-towing". With a 'k'.

There's no charge for this service.

cc

That's good, as I was taking it as free from a kind heart  ac_smile
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436219 time=1643154760 user_id=1560
Air Supply most definitely.

I'm not sure about AC/DC. Not a huge fan but they can get your feet tapping...especially from the Bon Scott era (he's from Adelaide!!!). Maybe other members have views on them.

I admit I liked Bon Scott's vocals compared to the Dan McCafferty of Nazareth clone that replaced him. Bon Scott could do a good blues number. But, every song since their first album had the same riff changed up just slightly.

Anonymous

Overrated

-Garth Brooks

-Nelly Furtado

-Shania Twain.

-Bruno Mars

-Shawn Mendes

-Def Leppard

-The Beatles

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436232 time=1643156043 user_id=1560
THE BEATLES????

:swoon:

It's just my opinion Bricktop..

I'm glad I didn't post the Rolling Stones.

:laugh:

Bricktop