News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Ut oh. Is this the start of Canada's civil war?

Started by Bricktop, February 06, 2022, 07:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

The title of this thread alone paints a weakness towards our country.  .. like it's "shaky" when it's not  ... which is why I played a bit & parodied  / played off of the title with ongoing posts (see well above)  

Just one of many examples of painting us weak & about to fall apart over a protest

Thankfully our people  are solid & our country is solid despite T-2  ...  just needs a real & right-headed leader again
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Thiel

Quote from: cc post_id=441490 time=1645848701 user_id=88
The title of this thread alone paints a weakness towards our country.  .. like it's "shaky" when it's not  ... which is why I played a bit & parodied  / played off of the title with ongoing posts (see well above)  

Just one of many examples of painting us weak & about to fall apart over a protest

Thankfully our people  are solid & our country is solid despite T-2  ...  just needs a real & right-headed leader again

I was born in this country and I can't believe what Trudeau has done and will continue to do, Of course he cannot take all the credit. Without Jagmeet Singh's magnificent determination to provide the scaffolding to support Mr. Trudeau's minority, and his fortitude in drawing the NDP away from the terrible example of Tommy Douglas, who shamelessly fought against the War Measures Act, Trudeau would not be pm or he would gasp, govern in a conciliatory way.
gay, conservative and proud

cc

It's hard to believe Singh is of the party that came out of Tommy's party

While I cannot  agree on most of his platforms, he was a man true to his word who worked with other people for the people

(for an example of people working together for good and for the people) and as my grandfather was a CCF mayor (Brantford ON) & friend of Tommy & a go-between   .. I'm aware of how Canadian Health Care came to be  .. Paul Martin Sr of one party working from  the blueprints created by  Tommy  .. an era where people mattered and elected people actually worked together for good and for the people of the country

Today elected people are working together only for evil and against the people of the country

Thiel

Quote from: cc post_id=441500 time=1645853027 user_id=88
 Today elected people are working together only for evil and against the people of the country

Some people more so than others, but yes, true. Nobody really believes in liberty and personal autonomy anymore. The government must fix every problem, real or preceived, in everybody's life.

cc

To be specific, I was referring to the gruesome twosome of Singh and T-2

However, many others are similar and of course to varying degrees  .. Let's hope we get a good one next go-round

Thiel

Quote from: cc post_id=441503 time=1645853781 user_id=88

I know that. I was saying that their extreme interventionism into the lives of Canadians is no longer fringe thinking, it is mainstream.

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=441490 time=1645848701 user_id=88
The title of this thread alone paints a weakness towards our country.  .. like it's "shaky" when it's not  ...

The title of this thread was intended as sarcasm. You know about sarcasm, I believe.

I don't think anyone with the intellect to sharpen a pencil believed Canadians were going to start shooting each other.

But then, no-one would have believed that the tyrant in charge would freeze bank accounts, deny insurance services and hunt down participants in a peaceful demonstration. But here we are.

There may not be gunshots...yet...but your nation is a deep trouble.

Thiel

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=441510 time=1645854642 user_id=1560
But then, no-one would have believed that the tyrant in charge would freeze bank accounts, deny insurance services and hunt down participants in a peaceful demonstration. But here we are.

Here we are. It is hard to believe we arrived at this point.

Bricktop

Yet we have read submissions by people in this forum decrying the protestors and demanding government action.

One can only assume many other Canadians did the same, and are now lamenting their temerity that has encouraged Trudeau to rise to the very top of toxic political leaders in the western world.

I guess they still believe that voting will save them.

Thiel

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=441515 time=1645855117 user_id=1560
Yet we have read submissions by people in this forum decrying the protestors and demanding government action.

One can only assume many other Canadians did the same, and are now lamenting their temerity that has encouraged Trudeau to rise to the very top of toxic political leaders in the western world.

I guess they still believe that voting will save them.

I posted in another thread that invoking police state measures has broad support in this country. I know it's hard to believe, but it is sadly true.

cc

Quote from: Thiel post_id=441505 time=1645854049 user_id=1688
Quote from: cc post_id=441503 time=1645853781 user_id=88

I know that. I was saying that their extreme interventionism into the lives of Canadians is no longer fringe thinking, it is mainstream.

It is. How we change that I dunno.

And it's not just here. Seems the most of or maybe the whole of Western society  has gone flippy.

Frood

The West needs a standard reset. Not a "Great Reset".

The tribalism and disregard for the rights of each other won't stop unless there is a shared catastrophe or suffering experienced by nearly all.
Blahhhhhh...

cc

True. Something or a threat  bigger than the difference between people

Still, looking at our Govt .. it's direction & methods is in another sphere that only the public can change. Looking at polls, one example from Herm, it seems the people have what they want ... so why would they change?

The 2 we have today combining for power are quite content with status quo

Anonymous

The Great Reset is being implemented right now and with success like Schwab himself could not have imagined. The polls show it.

Frood

The conversion of meat products into fake meat "protein based" products has certainly ramped up in Australia as well as spiked prices on red meat, particularly beef.
Blahhhhhh...