The best topic

Replies: 8373
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 29, 2024, 10:59:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

A Bridge Too Far - The Ultimate "How to Lose Support For Dummies" Move

Started by cc, February 08, 2022, 06:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=440673 time=1645495694 user_id=1560
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=440655 time=1645491480 user_id=3254
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=440649 time=1645490807 user_id=1560
If voting got you into this mess, how will it get you out?

Life was more affordable, more prosperous and freer under former pm Stephen Harper..

Why can't we go back to that?

Because, presumably, you voted him out.

We went back to another Trudeau after the country tired of Justin's father.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=440701 time=1645500470 user_id=3254

There were some pretty OK Govt's in between them  .. Harper got us back on track .. Even Martin Jr not too bad (although we never liked him as we knew him having business with him in Windsor before he entered politics)

EVERY  democracy  country bounces between good and bad .. with mediocre in between a common theme
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=440703 time=1645500864 user_id=88

There were some pretty OK Govt's in between them  .. Harper got us back on track .. Even Martin Jr not too bad

EVERY  democracy  country bounces between good and bad .. with mediocre in between a common theme

I understand what Bricktop means..

We rejected the policies of Stephen Harper in 2015..

But after close to a decade of Justin Trudeau voters may remember life under Stephen Harper fondly by comparson.

cc

This is the pattern of democracies .. up & down .. Canada has done better than most overall.

The T's have by far been our worse of course

Most other democracies have seen worse than we have overall

Thiel

I underestimated Trudeau. I thught Canadians would have tired of his virtue signalling, divisive labelling and poor economic management by now. He has lasted longer than I thought he would and he may be around for a while yet.
gay, conservative and proud

cc

I guess the reason I didn't underestimate both  was because of his Daddy

Initially I did have hope he would not stay because while Daddy was intellectually very smart  .. he was a dunce .. then slowly as I realized how liberal Canada has become I realized we were in big trouble

And  this is not just a Canadian thingy .. The West is liberal, and an unhealthy liberal is  everywhere now

Bricktop

That was a choice your country made. It's called "democracy", and it would appear that the Canadian members of this forum are finding themselves in the minority.

Salvation appears as far away as ever.

Thiel

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=440726 time=1645507468 user_id=1560

That was a choice your country made. It's called "democracy", and it would appear that the Canadian members of this forum are finding themselves in the minority.

Salvation appears as far away as ever.

If he has to face a real opposition leader next time, results will not be favourable for Trudeau.
gay, conservative and proud

cc

Quote from: Thiel post_id=440727 time=1645507605 user_id=1688
If he has to face a real opposition leader next time, results will not be favourable for Trudeau.

I would agree with that. It all comes down to having or not having an opposition leader who can actually win

Bricktop

Actually, it comes down to a party that has a leadership team that can dent Trudeau's popularity.

Just having a "leader" won't cut it. Trudeau is a cult, not a political movement. Cults are hard to eliminate.

cc

Again, It all comes down to having or not having an opposition leader who can actually win

And that scares me, as like all the West, we also are majority small "l" liberal

The ones we conservatives prefer "may" not be able to overcome that

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=440730 time=1645508081 user_id=1560
Actually, it comes down to a party that has a leadership team that can dent Trudeau's popularity.

Just having a "leader" won't cut it. Trudeau is a cult, not a political movement. Cults are hard to eliminate.

I wonder what will happen to the Liberal Party of Canada post Trudeau..

They had become a third party in parliament.......I wonder if that will happen again.

ac_umm

cc

https://www.peacearchnews.com/news/surrey-rcmp-investigating-aggressive-protesters-who-swarmed-media-at-pacific-highway-crossing/">Another Indication That Border Blockers are NOT a part of Truckers - Rather local radical  leftists Glomming Onto Trucker's Movement

Surrey RCMP investigating 'aggressive protesters' who swarmed media at Pacific Highway crossing

Several investigations now underway into protester behavior

Surrey RCMP have opened another investigation into the behaviour of some protesters at the Pacific Highway border crossing in South Surrey.

Surrey RCMP temporarily closed 176 Street from 8 Avenue on Feb. 19 during an anti-vaccine-mandate protest held at the Canada/U.S. border.

https://ow0hs2zhmkp2497op3xhvxsa-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/28224763_web1_220217-SUL-Convoy-Pacific-Highway-border-crossing_4-640x427.jpg">

The closure, police said Saturday, was a preventative measure to help ensure public and officer safety.

That afternoon, Surrey RCMP said police are aware of "several" incidents that took place Saturday involving a group of "aggressive protesters" who surrounded members of the media.

"Police intervention was required due to the actions of the protesters, and to ensure that media members had safe passage to their vehicles," RCMP said in the release.

NOTE: This is the 2nd similar incident with considerable violence at this crossing alone  .. the 1st one including a strange raised "military-style" truck getting to the front by running along ditch to get to front & then trying to kill coppers last week

- Further it is a truck crossing & not likely truckers would prevent fellow truckers from from earning a living. Windsor was similar - truck crossing & NO big trucks this weekend & previous weekend

Here's a misleading headline on it > "Police close Lower Mainland border crossing due to pro-convoy protest"

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=440762 time=1645544196 user_id=3254
I wonder what will happen to the Liberal Party of Canada post Trudeau..

They had become a third party in parliament.......I wonder if that will happen again.

ac_umm

The way he is going now, that could well happen.

But first we must oust him and let his and other's  chips fall where they may