The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Subway is closing more stores in Australia

Started by Frood, February 16, 2022, 01:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=439729 time=1645056445 user_id=1560
Losing some kilos?

I am in discussions with my orthopaedic surgeon about have both knees replaced. There is, however, a weight limit on having both knees replaced at the same time...a limit I am perilously close to.

So, I have to wind back on bread, cakes, chocolate, beer and pies (all of the five food groups) to make sure I stay under the limit come surgery time.

I am Ukrainian. I love bread. But, when I first registered here I was the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I weighed 252 pounds. I had a gut. I am active and I hate sweets, but I liked my bread. Six years later I am a svelte 207 pounds on my six foot one frame. My tou tou fits me again.

Good luck with your surgery brother. Drop the sweets and bread, and you will drop the weight.

Frood

I guzzle lots of jasmine green tea, cut out carbs, and eat lots of meat based proteins, seafood, and veggies to drop weight.
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Wishing very very best results from your surgery, Brick
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=439729 time=1645056445 user_id=1560
Losing some kilos?

I am in discussions with my orthopaedic surgeon about have both knees replaced. There is, however, a weight limit on having both knees replaced at the same time...a limit I am perilously close to.

So, I have to wind back on bread, cakes, chocolate, beer and pies (all of the five food groups) to make sure I stay under the limit come surgery time.

Oh my Bricktop, I pray your surgery is a total success.

Bricktop

Thank you all.

I have not yet decided whether I will do two at a time (the most likely) or to take a conservative approach and do one at a time. That, however, doubles the rehab period, and I'm not keen on that.

Frood

My 85 year old mother in law just had her knees redone after getting them 1st done in the mid 90s.

She chose to do them individually this time.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

I doubt my Doc would do a double on a person of that age. Even at 70 it may be problematic.

Redone??? Poor woman. Going through that twice. I'm told the modern prosthetics do have a longer life span...

Anonymous

Stupid question, but here goes. What causes knees to need replacement?

Bricktop

The knee joint literally corrodes over time, changing from a smooth, frictionless surface to a pitted, rough surface.

Playing sports, hard impact physical activity, incorrect lifting of heavy items over extended periods and high impact accidents all serve to wear out the cartilage in the knee joint that protects the surfaces, accelerating the rate of deterioration until the knee joint just won't move smoothly.

Because women's bones are more brittle, they tend to wear out quicker than males, unless the males have mistreated their knees, like me, in their younger days.

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=439762 time=1645062538 user_id=1676
My 85 year old mother in law just had her knees redone after getting them 1st done in the mid 90s.

She chose to do them individually this time.

The original surgeries weren't meant to last as long as they have. She wanted them redone now rather than in her 90's...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=439788 time=1645069945 user_id=1560
The knee joint literally corrodes over time, changing from a smooth, frictionless surface to a pitted, rough surface.

Playing sports, hard impact physical activity, incorrect lifting of heavy items over extended periods and high impact accidents all serve to wear out the cartilage in the knee joint that protects the surfaces, accelerating the rate of deterioration until the knee joint just won't move smoothly.

Because women's bones are more brittle, they tend to wear out quicker than males, unless the males have mistreated their knees, like me, in their younger days.

Wear and tear. That is what I figured.

Odinson

I had a subway approximately 1 year and 8 months ago.

They arent bad.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=439804 time=1645074221 user_id=136

They arent bad.

If you have the palate of a person who dines in dumpsters.

Frood

Their sliced meats are only 50% puppies and kittens. Shen likes her soy in a sauce, not the meat.
Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=439805 time=1645074761 user_id=56
Quote from: Odinson post_id=439804 time=1645074221 user_id=136

They arent bad.

If you have the palate of a person who dines in dumpsters.

Were you chewing on a kfc drumstick while you wrote that?

ac_biggrin

My biggest problem is that these chains dont use local suppliers.