Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:01:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

I've been busy shitting all over piss stained liberals

Started by Biggie Smiles, March 09, 2022, 12:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breakfall

Quote from: Dove post_id=453457 time=1653654036 user_id=3266
A free market hasnt really existed anywhere in several decades.

You don't know markets young lady. Sit down and play Monopoly okay!?

Dove

You know just telling people they dont know shit and to stop talking after theyve corrected something you said isnt actually an argument?

I certainly DO know there hasnt been an actual free market in decades.  I genuinely do not think people who slam free market capitalism really understand what it is, considering their major complaints are the direct result of some form of government interference.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Anonymous

Free market capitalism has been usurped by crony monopolized capitalism. In other words, we have the illusion of free markets, but in reality the markets are under the thumb of government and unelected bureaucrats. Competition and consumer choice are becoming endangered species.

cw_

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=453857 time=1653757512 user_id=114
Free market capitalism has been usurped by crony monopolized capitalism. In other words, we have the illusion of free markets, but in reality the markets are under the thumb of government and unelected bureaucrats. Competition and consumer choice are becoming endangered species.

Ayup.  Monopoly Capitalism and The Military Industrial Complex.

Seems to me that if Government weren't being served by the monopolies, it would break them up.

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=453864 time=1653759853 user_id=3226

Ayup.  Monopoly Capitalism and The Military Industrial Complex.

Seems to me that if Government weren't being served by the monopolies, it would break them up.

That's an American thing, but I that is true.

Governments won't break up what they helped create as long as it serves their interests.

Dove

Exactly.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

The only true free market I've ever seen is the drug trade. I used to sell weed and I watched the prices fluctuate due to supply/demand for years. When there was plenty of weed to go around the price was cheap. When it was scarce the price was high. When economic times boomed the price went up because people could afford it, likewise in recessions it would drop. No government regulations, no taxes, just what's available and what people are willing to pay.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=453952 time=1653790287 user_id=3349

The only true free market I've ever seen is the drug trade. I used to sell weed and I watched the prices fluctuate due to supply/demand for years. When there was plenty of weed to go around the price was cheap. When it was scarce the price was high. When economic times boomed the price went up because people could afford it, likewise in recessions it would drop. No government regulations, no taxes, just what's available and what people are willing to pay.

:ohmy:

Anonymous

I hadn't thought about it, but ya, the black market for anything is a true free market. Minus organized crime cuts or taxes.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=453954 time=1653790623 user_id=1689

I hadn't thought about it, but ya, the black market for anything is a true free market. Minus organized crime cuts or taxes.

I would imagine the consequences for not paying on time would be a more severe than in the above ground economy.

Dove

Yep.

It always amazes me when people slam free market capitalism when they are complaining about the results of government interference.

I once had a leftist say that the free market is child slave labor. Its was insane. There is plenty of slave labor being used now in other countries.

I tried explaining that free market doesnt mean our constitutional rights and laws that protect human rights do not become nullified under a free market.

You know what he said? He said "well then it's not a free market then is it?"

It broke my brain. And he was calling me the stupid one.

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=453961 time=1653793415 user_id=3266

Yep.

It always amazes me when people slam free market capitalism when they are complaining about the results of government interference.

I once had a leftist say that the free market is child slave labor. Its was insane. There is plenty of slave labor being used now in other countries.

I tried explaining that free market doesnt mean our constitutional rights and laws that protect human rights do not become nullified under a free market.

You know what he said? He said "well then it's not a free market then is it?"

It broke my brain. And he was calling me the stupid one.

I have lived all over the world for more than a quarter century. Some of the worst shitholes on the planet too. I aint a free marketeer the same way the Seoul brother is. That guy is giddy about it. But, the less free and transparent the economy, the greater the abuses of people and the environment. That is just a fact. And Canada and the US want to follow what third world shitholes are doing.

Anonymous

Former pm Brian Mulroney used to say the best social policy is a job. He was right about that. The best way to achieve that is with a free, open transparent thriving economy with as little interference as possible from government.

Thiel

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=454105 time=1653859630 user_id=114
Former pm Brian Mulroney used to say the best social policy is a job. He was right about that. The best way to achieve that is with a free, open transparent thriving economy with as little interference as possible from government.

All over Asia, from India to Vietnam hundreds of millions of people have joined the ranks of the middle class coming from poverty. This coincided with countries all over that vast continent opening up their tightly controlled economies.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: Thiel post_id=454189 time=1653875784 user_id=1688
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=454105 time=1653859630 user_id=114

All over Asia, from India to Vietnam hundreds of millions of people have joined the ranks of the middle class coming from poverty. This coincided with countries all over that vast continent opening up their tightly controlled economies.

This is so true Thiel.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview