The best topic

Replies: 8486
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Oh Oh Guys - Study: Eating too much meat raises risk of men becoming infertile

Started by cc, March 20, 2022, 09:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

https://nypost.com/2022/03/17/eating-too-much-meat-raises-risk-of-men-becoming-infertile-study/?utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow">Eating too much meat raises risk of men becoming infertile: study

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2022/03/meat-infertility-01.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=744">

Men who eat too much meat are raising the risk of becoming infertile, a study has claimed.

Experts warned that those who plan to have a baby should make sure they are eating limited levels of chicken, beef and lamb.

The research, conducted at the University of Worcester, found high protein diets decrease men's testosterone by 37 percent.

For the average man, this would cause medically low testosterone (hypogonadism), the experts said.

Lead researcher Joe Whittaker, a nutritionist, told The Sun: "Low testosterone levels cause low sperm counts, which is the major determinant of men's fertility.

"In our study, high protein diets caused low testosterone, so it is very likely they also caused low sperm counts, which would reduce men's fertility."

Low testosterone is also linked to chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and Alzheimer's.  

The paper, published in the academic journal Nutrition and Health, described the effects as "protein poisoning," which is when the breakdown of protein into ammonia becomes toxic.

It suggested the body may become too occupied in fixing protein poisoning that it suppresses the production of testosterone.

Mr. Whittaker said: "It would take one to two weeks to see the first signs of protein poisoning such as nausea, diarrhea, and low testosterone (including the related symptoms e.g. low sex drive)."

[Sorry to bring this up guys, but it's for your own (and mate's) good  ac_smile ]
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Old Herman aint planning on having another kid. But, I'll forward this to my boy.

I lost forty five pounds by nearly cutting out bread and not reducing meat consumption.

cc

Good on ya. Bread will do it on the weight thingy

Good meats are not much of a weight problem

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=444133 time=1647825383 user_id=88
Bread will do it on the weight thingy

I'm Ukrainian, bread is part of our culture. That was hard to do. I still have a little kolach and paska during holidays, but other than that, I don't eat much bread anymore.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=444131 time=1647824606 user_id=88
https://server5.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/scczblb/p2/2022/03/17/eating-too-much-meat-raises-risk-of-men-becoming-infertile-study/?utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow">Eating too much meat raises risk of men becoming infertile: study

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2022/03/meat-infertility-01.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=744">

Men who eat too much meat are raising the risk of becoming infertile, a study has claimed.

Experts warned that those who plan to have a baby should make sure they are eating limited levels of chicken, beef and lamb.

The research, conducted at the University of Worcester, found high protein diets decrease men's testosterone by 37 percent.

For the average man, this would cause medically low testosterone (hypogonadism), the experts said.

Lead researcher Joe Whittaker, a nutritionist, told The Sun: "Low testosterone levels cause low sperm counts, which is the major determinant of men's fertility.

"In our study, high protein diets caused low testosterone, so it is very likely they also caused low sperm counts, which would reduce men's fertility."

Low testosterone is also linked to chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and Alzheimer's.  

The paper, published in the academic journal Nutrition and Health, described the effects as "protein poisoning," which is when the breakdown of protein into ammonia becomes toxic.

It suggested the body may become too occupied in fixing protein poisoning that it suppresses the production of testosterone.

Mr. Whittaker said: "It would take one to two weeks to see the first signs of protein poisoning such as nausea, diarrhea, and low testosterone (including the related symptoms e.g. low sex drive)."

[Sorry to bring this up guys, but it's for your own (and mate's) good  ac_smile ]

This isn't good news for the Atkins Diet.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=444139 time=1647825949 user_id=1676
It's Great Reset level social engineering bs...

Maybe, but it's just one study.

Frood

They've been scrambling for excuses why meat bad; vegan/vegetarianism good for decades now.

In the 70's we were told that more than 2 eggs per week was very unhealthy and real butter was a widow maker....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=444144 time=1647826464 user_id=1676
They've been scrambling for excuses why meat bad; vegan/vegetarianism good for decades now.

In the 70's we were told that more than 2 eggs per week was very unhealthy and real butter was a widow maker....

The low carb craze has changed that.

Thiel

Eating too much meat raises risk of men becoming infertile]

Moderation is the key. And it didn't mention fish.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Frood

That's what they push.... until we're eating lentils and rice, while they're eating sirloin steaks.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Is this why I don't have kids. I blame my mom for gettind me hooked on bulgogi.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=444189 time=1647870063 user_id=114

Is this why I don't have kids. I blame my mom for gettind me hooked on bulgogi.

Korean beef is so good.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=444189 time=1647870063 user_id=114

Is this why I don't have kids. I blame my mom for getting me hooked on bulgogi.

:laugh: