Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Union scum....

Started by Obvious Li, March 07, 2014, 07:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
I went to a private school in China and the public schools in Canada. What I can tell you is that the grade 3 math in China is the same as grade 6 math in Alberta.

Could you describe whats in the grade 6 math in Alberta?

I remember multiplication and division of decimals, ratio tables, finding missing angles and side lengths in triangles and quadrilaterals, line plots and bar graphs.

And they are teaching this to kids of what age?

RW

I can't compare because I was in an enrichment program in public school and we learned those things in math in grade 3 as well.  I did learn stuff in private elementary that I didn't see again until Grade 12.  Private schools have more play with curriculum as long as they meet mandated learning outcomes.  When you have a bunch of kids from well off educated families, it gives them even more of a running start.

So, in other words, that doesn't surprise me.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I can't compare because I was in an enrichment program in public school and we learned those things in math in grade 3 as well.  I did learn stuff in private elementary that I didn't see again until Grade 12.  Private schools have more play with curriculum as long as they meet mandated learning outcomes.  When you have a bunch of kids from well off educated families, it gives them even more of a running start.

It was quite the opposite at the private school I went to in Shenzhen. It was strictly academic. If you wanted phys-ed or music it was extra-curricular and parents had to pay extra for them. I thought school was a breeze by comparison when I came to Canada.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Real Woman"I can't compare because I was in an enrichment program in public school and we learned those things in math in grade 3 as well.  I did learn stuff in private elementary that I didn't see again until Grade 12.  Private schools have more play with curriculum as long as they meet mandated learning outcomes.  When you have a bunch of kids from well off educated families, it gives them even more of a running start.

lol in my day that was referred to as "special ed"........ it is where all the dibbleys went so they wouldn't get picked on....so i can see where you developed your basic philosophy on life in general....now that i am aware i shall take more care when "debating" you...i will restrict my use of terms like "sugar tits" when referring to you or comparing you to old DV Academe......sorry.. :shock:  :cry:

RW

It was actually the ADVANCED placement or "Gifted" program - a program for those "special" kids who had IQs way higher than the rest of the kids in the class.  And believe me, I was every bit the ball breaker back then as I am now so I wasn't much for getting picked on.

I can see you've already bitched out on this debate.  You actually hung in 3 pages longer than I expected you to.  As there will be no facts forthcoming from Camp Munday, consider yourself bested dear boy.  I do however, eagerly await for your next meritless argument.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Odinson

One of my old class-mates won an international math-competition in SA...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"One of my old class-mates won an international math-competition in SA...

What is SA Odi?

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"One of my old class-mates won an international math-competition in SA...

What is SA Odi?

South-Africa. He won it.

He is a laestadian. They are very well driven in educational matters and that is probably due to them not having a TV.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Real Woman"It was actually the ADVANCED placement or "Gifted" program - a program for those "special" kids who had IQs way higher than the rest of the kids in the class.  And believe me, I was every bit the ball breaker back then as I am now so I wasn't much for getting picked on.

I can see you've already bitched out on this debate.  You actually hung in 3 pages longer than I expected you to.  As there will be no facts forthcoming from Camp Munday, consider yourself bested dear boy.  I do however, eagerly await for your next meritless argument.

if having to sit at the front of the class because you were acting up is your definition of ADVANCED PLACEMENT then so be it......the advantage i have in this discussion is that truth is on my side...huff and puff all you want the stats and facts speak for them selves....even in Dog River we're smarter than that....so back to your peers.....Mel,Joe, Blurt, and the gang

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

What is SA Odi?

South-Africa. He won it.

He is a laestadian. They are very well driven in educational matters and that is probably due to them not having a TV.

I looked on Wikipedia and this is what was written: Laestadianism is a conservative Lutheran revival movement started in Lapland in the middle of the 19th century. Named after Swedish state church administrator and temperance movement leader Lars Levi Laestadius, it is strongly marked by both pietistic and Moravian influences. It is the biggest revivalist movement in the Nordic countries. It has members mainly in Finland, North America, Norway, Russia and Sweden. There are also smaller congregations in Africa, South America and Central Europe. In addition Laestadians have missionaries in 23 countries. The number of Laestadians worldwide is estimated to be between 144,000 and 219,000.

Odinson

Theres a high concentration of them in this town.

They usually isolate themselves and they hang out only with other laestadians... This causes division and therefore many feuds.

They are also abit more tanned than we are. Kinda like Sami-people.

RW

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Real Woman"It was actually the ADVANCED placement or "Gifted" program - a program for those "special" kids who had IQs way higher than the rest of the kids in the class.  And believe me, I was every bit the ball breaker back then as I am now so I wasn't much for getting picked on.

if having to sit at the front of the class because you were acting up is your definition of ADVANCED PLACEMENT then so be it......the advantage i have in this discussion is that truth is on my side...huff and puff all you want the stats and facts speak for them selves....even in Dog River we're smarter than that....so back to your peers.....Mel,Joe, Blurt, and the gang

Okay, but in terms of facts and stats, I seem to be the only one presenting any.   I also seem to out experience you in this subject area.  Time to give it up slappy.  You got nothing but a big mouth and a lot of hot air.

Acting up in class.  PFFT!  Teachers would beg to have me.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I am really impressed with your knowledge of unions Real Woman..

I have been a unionized employee all my life, but I have never gotten involved with it..

We have people that are better qualified to do that than I am.

Chickenfeets

RW

When I was a teenager, I used to help my mom out a lot when she was a shop steward for the nurses union doing grievances and such.  I was the shop steward in my office for years as well as chaired the bargaining and health and safety committee.  

I know a lot about the education system because I've worked on projects involving partnerships with school boards for the last 5 years.  I've sat on gads of working groups and committees with teachers, education assistants, students, parents, administrators, trustees, superintendents, union leaders, etc.  Most importantly, with my kids being in school, I talk directly to their teachers.  I understand their challenges.
Beware of Gaslighters!