Replies: 10380
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:23:38 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

Beauty Tips

Started by Anonymous, October 21, 2012, 06:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

1) Makeup

Your foundation should be exactly the same color as your skin even if it gives you a look cadaverous.

Many people will choose a clear complexion foundation darker than their skin tone to give an air of health. It is a mistake, because the result is unnatural and the foundation can create demarcations.

To give you the foundation, it will more likely opt for a bronzer (see tip # 3).

To find the ideal shade, look for marks on the side with a wide variety of colors and then in professional brands. You'll most likely find a shade less common.

Another tip: It is interesting that some Asian appreciate the very clear foundation to lighten their faces. Therefore, Asian brands will often offer very pale colors that can suit you.

For other tips on how to find your perfect foundation, see "How to choose a foundation."

All of these tips also apply concealer / concealer.

2) Loose powder or compact

To secure the foundation and prevent the bronzer does plate must powdering. Hint # 1 is also valid for the powder.

If you can not find a powder as clear as your skin, opt for translucent powder. They do not change the tone of your foundation as they have no color pigment. Most of these powders are white. Suggestions: Make-Up Forever Loose Powder HD (around $ 30 Cdn), Dermablend Setting Powder (around $ 27 Cdn), Ben Nye Neutral Set (about $ 11 CDN).

3) Powder Bronzer

For the bronzer, choose one that is quite clear and natural to get a natural and healthy look. Suggestions: Clarins Powder compact Prime sun sun(around $ 45 Cdn), Guerlain Terracotta Light - Light Bronzing Powder ($ 53 Cdn), Lise Watier Satellite Sun mild (around $ 29 Cdn).

For application, lightly dip a large brush in loose powder bronzer and shake to remove excess, then brush gently on the issues of sun sensors: forehead, temples, nose, cheeks, chin, cleavage. This technique can not create demarcation would be generally applicable to the entire face.

So you have a beautiful complexion natural health, not dull at all and no boundaries!

4) Self-Tanners

If you are not a carrier of foundation and powder, or that you still are unable to find a foundation light enough for you and that you are too light, be aware that tanning can be of you a great help.

To obtain a natural effect, mix a small drop of self-tanner to your face day cream.

After a few days, your skin will be dark in tone.

Remember to apply self-tanner in the neck and to avoid demarcation lines.

Frost

Beauty tip :) Smile, be nice.

Really a nice smile, and attitude can make plane Jane look better

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"Beauty tip :) Smile, be nice.

That is true Blue.

For oily skin like VancouverGuy has try Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil-Elimating cleanser is really good to elimate the oils on your skin.

Anonymous

We are coming up to New Year's Eve and many people will consume alcohol.

About 50% of Asians have a reaction to Asian flush..

Contrary to common belief, the Asian flush reaction is not an allergy.  It is also often referred to as alcohol flush reaction and is the physical manifestation of a toxic reaction that presents in the form of red facial flushing, severe headaches, itchiness, hives and dizzinness.

This toxic reaction occurs because of a genetic predisposition that causes an inhibited acetaldehyde dehydrogenase enzyme, which is normally active in breaking down a particular toxic metabolic bypoduct of alcohol called acetaldehyde.

I do not drink alcohol, but I found this product...I don't know anyone who has tried it, so I don't know if it is effective or not.

http://www.noredfaceformula.com/">http://www.noredfaceformula.com/

Vancouver

In 2011 I had alcohol twice. In 2012 I had the alcohol once.
Time is malleable

Vancouver

Quote from: "Fashionista"

That is true Blue.

For oily skin like VancouverGuy has try Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil-Elimating cleanser is really good to elimate the oils on your skin.

I actually started cleansing my face with jojoba oil. My skin is looking better. In the morning I put milk of magnesia on my face. It's a good oil absorber.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"

That is true Blue.

I actually started cleansing my face with jojoba oil. My skin is looking better. In the morning I put milk of magnesia on my face. It's a good oil absorber.

Thanks for the report Vancouver Guy, another person that has had good results with jojoba oil.

:)

Anonymous

How do you feel about coloured contact lenses for Asians?

I have worn them in the past, but I have never made a habit of it..

Personally I like them, but I know opinion varies because many people think it looks unnatural.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"1. Don't use oily makeup

2. straitening or blow drying your hair every day isn't good for it

3. ALWAYS keep your skin around the arms and legs moisturised, or little pimple-like bumps can appear

4. Make your makeup agree with your skin tone

5. always use makeup that makes your eyes look good

6. Make your wardrobe WOW, and stand out

7. BEST TIP TO BE BEAUIFUL IS BE CONFIDENT guys are attracted to confident girls, too!

8. stand tall with shoulders back, it makes u look skinnier

9. make it look natural

10. to get smoothe lips, mix sugar with a fav lipgloss and keep rubbing your lips to get rid of all of the dead cells (and it tasted good, too!)

Is that what I have been doing wrong all these years... Thank you. Now I can look all sexy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"

3. ALWAYS keep your skin around the arms and legs moisturised, or little pimple-like bumps can appear

7. BEST TIP TO BE BEAUIFUL IS BE CONFIDENT guys are attracted to confident girls, too!

9. make it look natural

10. to get smoothe lips, mix sugar with a fav lipgloss and keep rubbing your lips to get rid of all of the dead cells (and it tasted good, too!)

Is that what I have been doing wrong all these years... Thank you. Now I can look all sexy.

You are very funny Odinson.

:lol:

Odinson

9. make it look natural

;) I do use vanilla taste lip-balm. I´m a big fruitcake. lol

Anonymous

We have a cold dry climate and my husband uses lip balm during the winter months.

Odinson

We have a cold dry climate and my husband uses lip balm during the winter months.

I know what you mean. The steam coming from your nose somehow dries up the upperlip.

I live in lapland and the temp. is now -25C... It can easily drop to -45C.

-55C in some parts of Finland.

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I know what you mean. The steam coming from your nose somehow dries up the upperlip.

I live in lapland and the temp. is now -25C... It can easily drop to -45C.

-55C in some parts of Finland.

You're a long way from Helsinki then?

Over 800km north.

I live in a city so I´m not totally from the sticks.

Odinson

You're a long way from Helsinki then?

Over 800km north.

I live in a city so I´m not totally from the sticks.

How big is the city? Prolly kinda small I think.

About 50k people. lol not exactly new york.