Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Finally the war on drugs and needless deaths is almost over

Started by weebles, May 31, 2022, 10:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ya, drugs are a waste of time and money.  I've dabbled in pretty much everything when I was younger, but nothing stuck luckily.  The high simply wasn't great enough to outweigh coming down, and I had no interest to continue chasing the initial high.  Waste of time and money, and you're always around sketchy people too.  I don't even like weed.

That said, I do like my drink...  Always have, and probably always will!

Dove

Quote from: Mel post_id=455767 time=1654231427
Ya, drugs are a waste of time and money.  I've dabbled in pretty much everything when I was younger, but nothing stuck luckily.  The high simply wasn't great enough to outweigh coming down, and I had no interest to continue chasing the initial high.  Waste of time and money, and you're always around sketchy people too.  I don't even like weed.

I've always had issues..  but up until the pain killers nothing really "grabbed" me before.

I did become a "problem drinker" for a bit when I lived on the Gulf Coast and was dancing in New Orleans (yes.....stripping).  I got away from all that though before my alcohol use became a full blown problem. I could drink like a drunk.

My mother was alcoholic all my life. I used to be very judgey of addicts. Even as I did my problematic drinking. I was pretty full of myself.

Then i got diagnosed with a kidney stone disease and i had VERY extreme chronic pain. And while this was going on I was going through a nasty break up with someone and one of my best friends died from a heart attack.

And i noticed taking an extra pain killer made me feel better. It was like instant relief from everything I was going through. I had untreated PTSD and all that mess disappeared into a cozy euphoria.

It just escalated from there. Two years later I was shooting street heroin and wanting to die.

So I know how hard it is. And no one can make anyone decide to get clean....they have to be done. And as horrific as heroin... it is a very hard drug to get over.

I never miss it when I'm stressed or sad or overwhelmed. It's when I'm HAPPY, and it's a great day, and things are good. Fucked up, eh? It's like my dumb junkie brain whispers "hey you know what would make this great day better? DOPE!".

It's not a struggle staying clean though. I was truly done. I dont even have the energy for that anymore and I dont want to ruin my health. If it was the kinda thing you could do on occasion....like a glass of wine?  Shit yes I would want it. But....its definately not something you can enjoy for a night and just put down.

Once I started doing the work on my root issues....my authentic real recovery began. The drug use was just a symptom of my much deeper issues.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Breakfall

Quote from: Dove post_id=455780 time=1654232650 user_id=3266

I've always had issues..  but up until the pain killers nothing really "grabbed" me before.

I did become a "problem drinker" for a bit when I lived on the Gulf Coast and was dancing in New Orleans (yes.....stripping).  I got away from all that though before my alcohol use became a full blown problem. I could drink like a drunk.

My mother was alcoholic all my life. I used to be very judgey of addicts. Even as I did my problematic drinking. I was pretty full of myself.

Then i got diagnosed with a kidney stone disease and i had VERY extreme chronic pain. And while this was going on I was going through a nasty break up with someone and one of my best friends died from a heart attack.

And i noticed taking an extra pain killer made me feel better. It was like instant relief from everything I was going through. I had untreated PTSD and all that mess disappeared into a cozy euphoria.

It just escalated from there. Two years later I was shooting street heroin and wanting to die.

So I know how hard it is. And no one can make anyone decide to get clean....they have to be done. And as horrific as heroin... it is a very hard drug to get over.

I never miss it when I'm stressed or sad or overwhelmed. It's when I'm HAPPY, and it's a great day, and things are good. Fucked up, eh? It's like my dumb junkie brain whispers "hey you know what would make this great day better? DOPE!".

It's not a struggle staying clean though. I was truly done. I dont even have the energy for that anymore and I dont want to ruin my health. If it was the kinda thing you could do on occasion....like a glass of wine?  Shit yes I would want it. But....its definately not something you can enjoy for a night and just put down.

Once I started doing the work on my root issues....my authentic real recovery began. The drug use was just a symptom of my much deeper issues.

Ive decided not to judge/troll you on drugs ever again. I read your story now and you seem to have come out alright through the worst of it. Your body is your temple!

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Erica Mena

Just found out a friend of mine, her daughter OD'd on Fentanyl. This is the second child she's lost in three years. Time to go after these fucking dealers.
<t></t>

Dove

Dove

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=456831 time=1654415774 user_id=3358

Ive decided not to judge/troll you on drugs ever again. I read your story now and you seem to have come out alright through the worst of it. Your body is your temple!

It's alright I'm very stable and secure. There really isnt anything anyone can say about it that every single addict hasnt heard a billion times already or even said to themselves.

Society isnt the kindest to drug users lol. Understandably so.

Breakfall

Quote from: Dove post_id=456880 time=1654446319 user_id=3266
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=456831 time=1654415774 user_id=3358

It's alright I'm very stable and secure. There really isnt anything anyone can say about it that every single addict hasnt heard a billion times already or even said to themselves.

Society isnt the kindest to drug users lol. Understandably so.

Society is to blame for many things wrong with our world.  :howdy: