The best topic

Replies: 8456
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:49:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

Post Some Unusual Facts About Your Life

Started by Anonymous, June 15, 2022, 07:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Ephesians 2:8-10

8 For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life.

You're right, repentence and belief is the first step

But, you can't earn salvation with good works.....that occurs as a result of salvation.

Rancidmilko

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=460189 time=1655479905 user_id=3254

8 For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life.

But, you can't earn salvation with good works.....that occurs as a result of salvation.

The big mystery is what comes after we die

Although I do have my personal beliefs, I like to keep an open mind and not worry too much about it

But some transgressions, like murder for example, have different effects
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Erica Mena

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=460187 time=1655479498 user_id=2853
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=460185 time=1655478926 user_id=3254

I think that's wonderful.

It is.

The whole idea that you can do a bunch of evil stuff and simply "accept Jesus" and have it all forgiven is bullshit.

Going to the right side is only the first step.

You pay for your evil deeds by doing good ones.

Flea's husband is on the right track.

He's genuine. If he was being a fake hypocrite, I'd have called him out on it.

He calls me out if I slip up or say something that isn't right. Like he really is a good man. I'm not there yet in my walk with God. My issues are with the church but it does not stop me from giving God all the glory.

If I were to tell you guys about everything God has done in both our lives, you would all be in awe. I just wish I was as righteous as my hubby. As you can see from me posting on a forum like BF, I have a long way to Go.
<t></t>

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=460193 time=1655483483 user_id=2853

Nothing. You cease to exist. But don't worry, it won't bother you.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=460189 time=1655479905 user_id=3254

Although I do have my personal beliefs, I like to keep an open mind and not worry too much about it

I am a man of faith. But, I have trouble walking the talk.

If you are right with God, you enter paradise. If you are not, you enter a place of eternal torture. Only these physical bodies we have now die. We will get new ones that last longer than the Energizer Bunny.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=460212 time=1655492912 user_id=2015

If you are right with God, you enter paradise. If you are not, you enter a place of eternal torture. Only these physical bodies we have now die. We will get new ones that last longer than the Energizer Bunny.

Your body will decay and one day it will die, but your spirit goes on forever.

Rancidmilko

We're all gonna find out how it is one day, that's the best part

Rancidmilko

But if man didn't sin forever, why should he suffer forever?

There's a lot of space out there in the universe. Maybe God would think it made more sense to let people pay for their transgressions and give them another chance.

I think God would feel bad about Himself spending a whole eternity with those poor people wailing and screaming in the basement LOL

Anonymous

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=460218 time=1655494299 user_id=2853

There's a lot of space out there in the universe. Maybe God would think it made more sense to let people pay for their transgressions and give them another chance.

I think God would feel bad about Himself spending a whole eternity with those poor people wailing and screaming in the basement LOL

Romans 3:23

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=460219 time=1655494485 user_id=3254

That's the part I don't understand - God created man to be incapable of not committing sin so the only way for man to get into heaven is to worship God and beg to be forgiven for his sins. God's a bit egotistical isn't he?
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=460221 time=1655494881 user_id=3349

That's the part I don't understand - God created man to be incapable of not committing sin so the only way for man to get into heaven is to worship God and beg to be forgiven for his sins. God's a bit egotistical isn't he?

Sin entered the cosmos due to an act of rebellion against God, not because God created sin.

Rancidmilko

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=460218 time=1655494299 user_id=2853

Romans 3:23

Fash, my biggest issue with the bible is that a lot of the books that used to be there were removed by the Council of Nicaea during the 3rd century AD.

It's a wonderful book and humanity improved and benefitted a lot from it spiritually.

But my guess is that they needed a simpler version because back then we were much simpler people.

Just like in other religions and cultures, the belief that the spirit could return to a body to continue their evolution was also present in early Christianism.

But that belief itself was "bothersome" to Emperor Constantine's wife, who personally had any mention of it removed from the final version chose by the council.

But there's a reason for that and God allowed it to happen for a reason. People tend to procrastinate spiritually too.

Rancidmilko

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=460221 time=1655494881 user_id=3349

Sin is the bond we create with earthly pleasures that are basically hormones released by the brain.

People who lives their live dedicated entirely to these bonds suffer immensely when they lose their flesh vessel.

On the other hand, people who get pleasure from doing good deeds, people who are loving and selfless, people who achieve a real connection with God, live a true heaven when they disincarnate.

These kinds of acts are easily doable in spiritual form and they're the difference between being happy or miserable in the afterlife.

Anonymous

The Protestant church generally does not believe these books are inspired and therefore canonical, that is authoritative and deserving to be a part of the Bible as the Word of God..

The books in question are considered apocryphal in most Protestant churches, but are accepted as canonical in the Roman Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox Church, and the Armenian and the Ethiopian Oriental Orthodox Churches.

Dove

Quote from: Herman post_id=459913 time=1655341822 user_id=1689
I am pretty sure I have a little PTSD caused by the shit I witnessed when I lived and worked in the Middle East.

I endured a violent sexual attack when I was 14 that left me with life long PTSD.

For the first few months after the attack, I couldnt even talk. I was deemed unfit for any sort of legal action and I didnt know their real names anyway. I spent the next few years in and out of mental health facilities. I was hospitalized(psych care) for 6 months as my longest

Medication doesnt work for me longer than a year. I do much better without it.  I can go into some pretty intense periods of depression and anxiety where I have to go on meds for a while. I've been good for about 6 years now.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.