The best topic

Replies: 8358
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 28, 2024, 10:14:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

What Fifty Year Old Man Works in a Fast Food Joint

Started by Anonymous, July 16, 2022, 10:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Erica Mena

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=468438 time=1659539892 user_id=2015
Quote from: Dove post_id=468430 time=1659539432 user_id=3266
I think Fash was suggesting you PM her for that.

There are people besides him who get on that account too.

That's a big fat whatever. Besides talking about you or extinct flame forums KM's posts are dull. Who cares what handle he uses. He is still dull as hell.

Yet we are posting in one big thread discussing his private life.

Woo-Kay
<t></t>

cw_

Garraty_47

Quote from: cw_ post_id=468448 time=1659541393 user_id=3226
Ack!  Big thread shaming.  

I feel ugly now.  :(

<clears throat>

Does this font make my thread look big?

Tell the truth... I can take it.

cw_

Garraty_47

Quote from: cw_ post_id=468474 time=1659545905 user_id=3226
You're the perfect[size=150] [size][/size].

[size=110][COLOR][/size] me relieved.

Anonymous

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=468378 time=1659526771 user_id=3381
Quote from: "Bubbly Flynn" post_id=468368 time=1659498812
Like, oh my god Vitriol! Like for real? Like you didn't ever like think like Flynn would like grow up one day? Like hello! I've like stopped being like naive and like trusting because like you know what I'm like talking about!

*Does cartwheel*

That's a terrible impression and even if I accept the premise that ye olde Flynn "grew up" (soured, toxified, became a dismal petulant dumbed-down shell of her former self) that's just sad.

Growing old is inevitable.

Growing up is merely an option and I'm pretty sure the original Flynn would grok that.

Oh Vitriol, oh Vitriol.

The dream coming out of the shadows is either truth or lies. We all grow up. Depending on our expectations and experiences is what shapes and tailors us. You've not changed. Speaking in high variance riddles to weed out those that are worthy or not. I am over joyed you are still you. I have missed your unbiased opinions. You are still one of my favorite posters. If I were Queen of the court you would be my most trusted advisor.

With greetings exchanged, let's get to the heart of the matter. To you I present this. Keywords are the life blood and identifying keys to any forum. You have undoubtedly demonstrated that you are the Vitriol I knew and came to enjoy. Therefore I will reciprocate, only because your opinion truly matters to me. Ready? Here I go.

I remember a time in either late Spring or early Summer at a now far away forum that we both loved. I remember a podcast where you drew breath and let everyone who dared listen...hear your voice. What a voice. Full of vigor and confidence. I truly was impressed. Being myself, looking for things to play with, I remember commenting about your voice being gruff and low and deep...and I mocked you for smoking cigarettes. I forget how many packs of tailor brand cigarettes I said you smoked to attain a smokey and husky voice like yours, but I went on for days about it as you being the more mature person entertained my musings like a father would do with his young child. At any point you could have grown weary of my chidings that were without merit and easily put me in my place but you did not, showing the self restraint and the patience of one who has seen the world in its splendor and its short comings.

I also remember a time far, far, away at the same forum that we both loved that I had done something to draw the ire of certain posters and I remember you stating this:

"I may not agree with Flynn on how she goes about posting but no one can disagree that her methods work."

Now, I may be a little off on the aforementioned quote but it's been ages since we've exchanged greetings. Maybe the Flynn you knew did indeed grow up and forgot that having fun (The ditzy cheerleader occasionally throwing out poisoned daggers) was the sole purpose of being on the forums. Maybe the Flynn you once knew got jaded and stopped trying to make others laugh because she too got wrapped up in forum drama. Regardless, I knew you to be a coffee lover and to this day thinks that Kopi Luwak is the best coffee one can buy.

I missed you Vitriol, I hope to correspond with you again very soon.

Anonymous

Let it be noted that I messed up. It's in my opinon that Kopi Luwak is the best coffee one can buy.

Garraty_47

Flynn:

I enjoyed that article so much I am forced to entertain the notion that my insistence on the OG Flynn being long gone is, in part if not in whole, based on selective memories regarding those exchanges of yore.

Perhaps that's my own expression of an effect time's passage can have... only holding onto the favorite bits; letting the rest fall away to disappear beneath the detritus of forums long gone.

I'll not deny that I've mellowed significantly from those 'Flame anything that moves and kick everything else until it moves' days. That's the kinder gentler lens through which I view the present and apparently I've also allowed it to tinge the past as well. This I cannot regret and would not change it even if I could. If this alteration in my own perception and personality leads me to sometimes act foolishly so be it. As luck would have it I actually enjoy laughing at myself so that's still a win of sorts.

I hope you'll forgive my doubts and the impression they gave that I would or could not accept any version of Flynn except the idealized caricature I've constructed from misty memory of encounters past.

My opinion now is the same as it was: always be yourself, whoever that may be.

Unless you can be a cat. Then always be a cat. Obviously.

Anonymous

Really Gerraty_47? You are sold that easily.

Which dude pretending to be this Flynn character posted that. Was it KM or does he only use that handle to bring up details of his brief relationhip with Dove. Was it the spastic racist Flynn. Probably not. Was it me trying to make a point.

The Flynn handle is a relic of the past. The good flamers have moved on. The flamers using this lame Flynn handle are living in the past. Frankly, it's pathetic.

Garraty_47

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=468615 time=1659614324 user_id=114
Really Gerraty_47? You are sold that easily.

Let's just say for more poasts like that I'm willing to treat Flynn as if it really is the Flynn of the good ol' days.

It costs me nothing and even if the nym is shared who's to say the original Flynn *didn't* log in and type those sentences?

But for a moment let's posit that it isn't...

...so what?

At worst that makes the poast a well-executed piece of performance art.

By playing along I become part of the piece.

I become art.

I fail to see anything wrong with that.

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=468615 time=1659614324 user_id=114
The Flynn handle is a relic of the past. The good flamers have moved on. The flamers using this lame Flynn handle are living in the past. Frankly, it's pathetic.

I do the best I can with what I've got, and right now all I know is Flynn has just proven a linguistic competency that most can't or won't bother to achieve.

Not taking advantage of that would be a wasted opportunity.

Anonymous

Gerraty_47, I did not mean you are living in the past like the Flynn handle puppeteers.

It wasn't a bad post, especially compared to the drivil we usually get from the dinosaur flamers. And I have been saying, the focus should be on the post, not who posted it. So, I take back about fifty percent of what I wrote.

Garraty_47

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=468622 time=1659617390 user_id=114
Gerraty_47, I did not mean you are living in the past like the Flynn handle puppeteers.

No worries.

One good thing about a lot of us flame dinosaurs: thick hides. Heh

It wasn't a bad post, especially compared to the drivil we usually get from the dinosaur flamers. And I have been saying, the focus should be on the post, not who posted it. So, I take back about fifty percent of what I wrote.

I agree.

If it had been a vastly different post, my reaction (if any) would also have been different.

I try to avoid both unchecked chaos and rigid order; it's the area of complexity where they meet that has all the fun stuff.

Anonymous

It's distressing to see how many so-called adults are still participating in this obvious government-funded study on American gullibility.

Garraty_47

Quote from: "Elfin lied" post_id=468624 time=1659622087
It's distressing to see how many so-called adults are still participating in this obvious government-funded study on American gullibility.

You must be lost, pal.

To my recollection nobody in this thread has even mentioned voting.

cw_

You Sir, are a gentleman.  And so is Gerraty_47.

I admire that.   :thumbup:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview