The best topic

Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

What Fifty Year Old Man Works in a Fast Food Joint

Started by Anonymous, July 16, 2022, 10:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=468325 time=1659489840 user_id=3266
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=468317 time=1659488896 user_id=114

A lot of them have handles here. They drop in univited and unwelcome spread some gossip and leave. Much more important to the average person than the Justinflation crisis.

Perhaps but variety is important.

Do they ever post new personal attacks. My understanding it's the same record playing for fifteen years. There is a lot going on in your country and around the world. A little more important in my opinion.

Garraty_47

Quote from: Dove post_id=468326 time=1659489921 user_id=3266
 I think the forum owner believes the whole "I'll bring fresh content and a bunch of new members" routine.  :yuk:

Maybe maybe not, but either way if he lets the dysfunction gain too much momentum he won't be able to stop it regardless.

Once a critical mass of users become embroiled in the chaos it's kinda self-perpetuating and just spins harder and harder until it all flies apart.

I wish him the best and lots of luck because it sounds as if he may need it.

Garraty_47

Quote from: cw_ post_id=468327 time=1659489990 user_id=3226
I thought I made it clear that, there was an original Flynn, that account hadn't been used by KM at FT, and others uses of the handle I had no way to verify.   <shrugs>

The original Flynn was fun in an insufferably bubbly and perky way.

Like an over-caffeinated cheerleader who randomly flung poisoned daggers out of her pompoms.

I haven't seen that poster in a whole lotta years.

Anonymous

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=468329 time=1659490450 user_id=3381
Quote from: Dove post_id=468326 time=1659489921 user_id=3266
 I think the forum owner believes the whole "I'll bring fresh content and a bunch of new members" routine.  :yuk:

Maybe maybe not, but either way if he lets the dysfunction gain too much momentum he won't be able to stop it regardless.

Once a critical mass of users become embroiled in the chaos it's kinda self-perpetuating and just spins harder and harder until it all flies apart.

A forum's biggest draw cannot be some blowhard and his lame alt troll handle talking about getting people banned or Dove, Dove, and more Dove. I know not all flamers are the same, but enough of them are into this message board wrecking rubbish.

Dove

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=468328 time=1659490087 user_id=114

Do they ever post new personal attacks. My understanding it's the same record playing for fifteen years. There is a lot going on in your country and around the world. A little more important in my opinion.

I agree.  

The only time I get in there and poke at it and talk shit back is when I need a break from thinking about all the messed up stuff going on the country.  It's so important but so depressing.

I saw some election poll or whatever that had the guy want for governor of my state not doing very well. But he has SO much support and he went in totally as a regular dude. He isnt a politicain at all.  

I was so bummed when John James didnt win.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=468332 time=1659490849 user_id=3266

I agree.  

The only time I get in there and poke at it and talk shit back is when I need a break from thinking about all the messed up stuff going on the country.  It's so important but so depressing.

I saw some election poll or whatever that had the guy want for governor of my state not doing very well. But he has SO much support and he went in totally as a regular dude. He isnt a politicain at all.  

I haven't posted at BF very much, but I do recall you are among the few people there who didn't get into the churlish attacks and partisan silliness.

Dove

I agree.  

Dove

Good grief....I don't know what happened there but I went to refresh the page and double posted instead lol

Dove

Quote from: cw_ post_id=468327 time=1659489990 user_id=3226
Quote from: Dove post_id=468278 time=1659484658 user_id=3266

To be fair, we are all saying he is ONE of the people who use that account.

And I didnt go to FT much.....so he had no need to use the Flynn account on FT. It was probably one of the others who use it while it was active on FT.

I thought I made it clear that, there was an original Flynn, that account hadn't been used by KM at FT, and others uses of the handle I had no way to verify.   <shrugs>

I really thought was very clear as well ac_drinks

Garraty_47

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=468331 time=1659490832 user_id=114
A forum's biggest draw cannot be some blowhard and his lame alt troll handle talking about getting people banned or Dove, Dove, and more Dove. I know not all flamers are the same, but enough of them are into this message board wrecking rubbish.

Some people, and this is in no way restricted to just the "flamers", simply have a manipulation kink.

It doesn't necessarily have to be about wrecking a forum but online that's certainly one of the most satisfying ways for them to get off.

Anonymous

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=468341 time=1659491833 user_id=3381

Some people, and this is in no way restricted to just the "flamers", simply have a manipulation kink.

It doesn't necessarily have to be about wrecking a forum but online that's certainly one of the most satisfying ways for them to get off.

I know didn't mean to paint all of you that came from flame boards with the same brush. Obviously that is an unfair generalization. But you confirmed what a retired flame forum legend said about some of them getting their jollies in strange ways.

Dove

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=468329 time=1659490450 user_id=3381

I really think he thinks I'm a really big deal and that everyone is invested in some way in this years long grudge and vendetta.

He really doesnt seem to hear when people tell him otherwise.

It just amazes me because it's been nearly 4 years, this person doesnt really know me all that well, what went on between us was brief and very surface....and whatever industry share he got absolutely no insight into what kind of person I am or who I am at all.....and he is still this level angry where he is posting multiple paragraph posts complete with threats of bringing stuff I've posted here as "ammo" and then banning me for "bringing nothing".

Not all the people from the flame boards are unhinged like this. The cool ones just hang out for fun. Dinky, CW, Bone and Vit are cool. Whatever others I missed who arent raging loons are cool lol.

Dove

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=468341 time=1659491833 user_id=3381

That's a good way to put it. At its core it about control.

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=468343 time=1659492336 user_id=3266

I really think he thinks I'm a really big deal and that everyone is invested in some way in this years long grudge and vendetta.

It just amazes me because it's been nearly 4 years, this person doesnt really know me all that well, what went on between us was brief and very surface....and whatever industry share he got absolutely no insight into what kind of person I am or who I am at all.....and he is still this level angry where he is posting multiple paragraph posts complete with threats of bringing stuff I've posted here as "ammo" and then banning me for "bringing nothing".

Not all the people from the flame boards are unhinged like this. The cool ones just hang out for fun. Dinky, CW, Bone and Vit are cool. Whatever others I missed who arent raging loons are cool lol.

Banning you? You said in another thread he only has sticky privileges.

Dove

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=468347 time=1659492866 user_id=114
Quote from: Dove post_id=468343 time=1659492336 user_id=3266

Banning you? You said in another thread he only has sticky privileges.

He had sticky priviledges when BF gave him a mod spot for fun a year ago.

Now he has no permissions at all. But he is claiming that it's basically his board and wants to ban people. So he can "rebuild it".

Basically he just wants to ban people....spend a few weeks shit talking them, post a few stupid threads about gen z "pop culture" and then they will start moving over here to restart the cycle.

Personally they can have BF.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview