The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

The Evil That Is Islam

Started by Gary Oak, April 03, 2014, 03:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Real Woman"The truth is people tend to follow the lead of their parents moreso than the education system.

I would also say that there would be no point in studying religions if you don't believe there is a God or Gods in the first place.

agreed ......religion by it's definition requires faith in the written word....if you don't have that then it is just a fairy tale......believers do not have any choice either you believe it all or none of it is relevant.

cc

Disagree. To learn what drives others and thus to have an understanding of what to expect from them in all areas of life  is a valuable tool in many aspects of life. For those who are in positions of leadership and responsibility or political positions it is essential.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"The truth is people tend to follow the lead of their parents moreso than the education system.

I would also say that there would be no point in studying religions if you don't believe there is a God or Gods in the first place.

[size=200]BULLSEYE!![/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Disagree. To learn what drives others is a valuable tool in all aspects of life and especially. For those who are in positions of leadership and responsibility or political positions it is essential.

I know religion is what defines a lot of people CC, but I am just not interested in the subject. I don't believe in dieties.

cc

Of course they are mainly fairy tales made up by mere mortals, but that is not the point.

As you said "religion is what defines a lot of people".  That is why it is valuable to know

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Of course they are mainly fairy tales made up by mere mortals, but that is not the point.

As you said "religion is what defines a lot of people".  That is why it is valuable to know

I admit you got a point, but it is all such bullshit. To me, why not believe in the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy? It makes as much sense as what's in the bible/Quran.

cc

Again, I am not suggesting believing them. I'm only suggesting that knowing "what drives people" can be a valuable tool in life.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Again, I am not suggesting believing them. I'm only suggesting that knowing "what drives people" can be a valuable tool in life.

I would rather un-brainwash them.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Good luck with that

True enough!!

keeper

CC, Shen, Have either of you seen a show on HBO called VISE? I just finished watching season 1 & 2 (10 episodes each) and they have alot of journalism on the Taliban,Muslims,child suicide bombings,child slavery etc... Very informative, really brought a perspective to stuff i never knew. I haven't searched Google for the show or you-tube but it might be there.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"CC, Shen, Have either of you seen a show on HBO called VISE? I just finished watching season 1 & 2 (10 episodes each) and they have alot of journalism on the Taliban,Muslims,child suicide bombings,child slavery etc... Very informative, really brought a perspective to stuff i never knew. I haven't searched Google for the show or you-tube but it might be there.

I haven't heard of it Keeper, but hey thanks for telling us. I'll take a look for it later today.

While we are on the subject of faith, I am in the same boat as Obvious Li. I have been around people of faith all my life. Problem with me is like my fun. Drinking, girls, aint giving up either. I'm hoping to make deathbed conversion. Until that time, I will continue to do what makes me happy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Keeper"CC, Shen, Have either of you seen a show on HBO called VISE? I just finished watching season 1 & 2 (10 episodes each) and they have alot of journalism on the Taliban,Muslims,child suicide bombings,child slavery etc... Very informative, really brought a perspective to stuff i never knew. I haven't searched Google for the show or you-tube but it might be there.

I haven't heard of it Keeper, but hey thanks for telling us. I'll take a look for it later today.

While we are on the subject of faith, I am in the same boat as Obvious Li. I have been around people of faith all my life. Problem with me is like my fun. Drinking, girls, aint giving up either. I'm hoping to make deathbed conversion. Until that time, I will continue to do what makes me happy.

I feel what you are saying is that you Christianity is too restrict.ng..

But, I feel I have freedom in Christ

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"But, I feel I have freedom in Christ

Freedom and religion, that's an oxymoron. :x

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Fashionista"But, I feel I have freedom in Christ

Freedom and religion, that's an oxymoron. :x

[/b]

i would rather say that fun and religion is an oxymoron to today's fundies.......no where in the bible does it say believers can't have fun.....but today's fundys have completely fucked up what being a believer means....so i march to my own drummer.......i accept the consequences

CC i take exception to your points about trying to studying to figure out where the various side comes from....you cannot ever know where they come from unless you are a true believer...critically analyzing it from a detached perspective just doesn't do it.....again i go back to my statement about certain moral stands christians take regarding such things as abortion or homosexuality.....if you are a true believer you have no choice in where you stand.......that option is not available........neither is there some loosey goosey interpretation of the bible....it just doesn't work that way...which is why we have dozens of christian denominations......each one salves a different conscience.....but the word is the word and it doesn't change with some misguided interpretation.