The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

The Evil That Is Islam

Started by Gary Oak, April 03, 2014, 03:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

LOL!

I'm kinda sorry I know this crap.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"LOL!

I'm kinda sorry I know this crap.

No worries, I'm sure there are people who are fascinated by religion, but I would rather watch snow melt.

RW

I used to be.  I have a respect for other religions while thinking they are all kind of whacked.  That said, religions have some very good people who subscribe to them and I can't find fault in those who use religion as a means to do wonderful things and be wonderful people.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I used to be.  I have a respect for other religions while thinking they are all kind of whacked.  That said, religions have some very good people who subscribe to them and I can't find fault in those who use religion as a means to do wonderful things and be wonderful people.

Yep, there is one very kind-hearted religious person at the admin controls here. If some of those zealots were more like her, I would be less offended by religion in general

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Real Woman"I used to be.  I have a respect for other religions while thinking they are all kind of whacked.  That said, religions have some very good people who subscribe to them and I can't find fault in those who use religion as a means to do wonderful things and be wonderful people.

Yep, there is one very kind-hearted religious person at the admin controls here. If some of those zealots were more like her, I would be less offended by religion in general

Thank you, I am flattered, but I am not confident enough to be a role model for Christianity.

RW

You are one if the better ones I've come across Fash :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"You are one if the better ones I've come across Fash :)

Yeah, I would agree with that. With the exception of a couple of Mormons I know, Fash is the only other tolerable religious person I know.

Obvious Li

i have mixed feelings about it all....having studied the bible exhaustively for 40 years i think i have a basic grasp of what it means and how it relates to the human condition......i admire people like fash who unabashedly believe and are unafraid to proclaim their faith......as for me on the other hand having led a life of sinful, backsliding debauchery and making a habit of breaking as many commandments as possible each and every day......the struggle is uphill to say  the least...i keep hoping i will have enough time to make a death bed confession and clear the slate but as we know from reading the bible that only happened to one person there so the odds are not good............. :ugeek:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"i have mixed feelings about it all....having studied the bible exhaustively for 40 years i think i have a basic grasp of what it means and how it relates to the human condition......i admire people like fash who unabashedly believe and are unafraid to proclaim their faith......as for me on the other hand having led a life of sinful, backsliding debauchery and making a habit of breaking as many commandments as possible each and every day......the struggle is uphill to say  the least...i keep hoping i will have enough time to make a death bed confession and clear the slate but as we know from reading the bible that only happened to one person there so the odds are not good............. :ugeek:

I'm glad I never had that religious baggage thrust upon me as a kid. You could burn in hell for eternity seems like a terrible thing to tell a kid. Kids have enough stress nowadays, they don't need this additional silly burden.

I suppose you could say I was born a Buddhist, but my parents are agnostics, while I lean towards atheism. Everyone is free to drink the blood of Christ, but just don't splash any on me.

RW

I'm a recovering Catholic :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Obvious Li"i have mixed feelings about it all....having studied the bible exhaustively for 40 years i think i have a basic grasp of what it means and how it relates to the human condition......i admire people like fash who unabashedly believe and are unafraid to proclaim their faith......as for me on the other hand having led a life of sinful, backsliding debauchery and making a habit of breaking as many commandments as possible each and every day......the struggle is uphill to say  the least...i keep hoping i will have enough time to make a death bed confession and clear the slate but as we know from reading the bible that only happened to one person there so the odds are not good............. :ugeek:

I'm glad I never had that religious baggage thrust upon me as a kid. You could burn in hell for eternity seems like a terrible thing to tell a kid. Kids have enough stress nowadays, they don't need this additional silly burden.

I suppose you could say I was born a Buddhist, but my parents are agnostics, while I lean towards atheism. Everyone is free to drink the blood of Christ, but just don't splash any on me.

So you have studied all the religions and then came to the conclusion that atheism is the way to go....... or the more likely scenario is that you never bothered studying any religion, and unthinkingly and unquestioningly followed what our education system tells us to believe which is atheism so that you wouldn't make any waves. .....and that is just dumb.  :o

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"

So you have studied all the religions and then came to the conclusion that atheism is the way to go....... or the more likely scenario is that you never bothered studying any religion, and unthinkingly and unquestioningly followed what our education system tells us to believe which is atheism so that you wouldn't make any waves. .....and that is just dumb.  :o

Oak, go fuck urself!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"

Oak, go fuck urself!!

Gary Oak

RW

The truth is people tend to follow the lead of their parents moreso than the education system.

I would also say that there would be no point in studying religions if you don't believe there is a God or Gods in the first place.
Beware of Gaslighters!