News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

A

Do you want this forum to move to another host?

Started by Anonymous, May 04, 2014, 10:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Nothing would change except we would no longer be hosted by memebee.

How would you feel about severing our ties with memebee?

I will do whatever our members want me to do.

Chickenfeets

Just my 2 cents worth here, Fash, but moving to another host won't change things much. On the internet, everything is a click away, even if a new host is based halfway around the world.

The issue is more that part of your membership has ties with VF (I'm a case in point). This is true even of Obvious Li.

What would change things is if people here stopped reading or posting on VF and people on VF stopped reading or posting here. In other words, if people chose one forum over the other and stuck with it.

That will be hard to accomplish, though. Most people I know read and post on more than one forum.

My own strategy (over at my own forum) was to strongly discourage cross-forum chatter. If one forum was experiencing trouble, that trouble was to stay on that forum and not travel to mine. If and when it did, I reminded the "chatterer" that such talk could serve no useful purpose and ought to be avoided.

Oddly enough (and against my own expectations), people complied. Even people who love a good flame.

Maybe you can focus on this instead of on moving the ACC away from the Bee?

Again, just my thoughts.

Hope you have a great evening, Fash.

Now go get Obvious Li--he's being an ornery layabout.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"Just my 2 cents worth here, Fash, but moving to another host won't change things much. On the internet, everything is a click away, even if a host is based halfway around the world.

The issue is more that part of your membership has ties with VF (I'm a case in point). This is true even of Obvious Li.

What would change things is if people here stopped reading or posting on VF and people on VF stopped reading or posting here. In other words, if people chose one forum over the other and stuck with it.

That will be hard to accomplish, though. Most people I know read and post on more than one forum.

My own strategy (over at my own forum) was to strongly discourage cross-forum chatter. If one forum was experiencing trouble, that trouble was to stay on that forum and not travel to mine. If and when it did, I reminded the "chatterer" that such talk could serve no useful purpose and ought to be avoided.

Oddly enough (and against my own expectations), people complied. Even people that love a good flame.

Maybe you can focus on this instead of on moving the ACC away from the Bee?

Again, just my thoughts.

Hope you have a great evening, Fash.

Now go get Obvious Li--he's being an ornery layabout.

Hello Chickenfeets and as respected member here, I appreciate your advice..

I have recently discovered that there are several posters on Vancouver Forum that want us shut down..

How do you think that makes me feel?

It puts evs in a difficult position too.

I feel terrible about Obvious Li's departure, but I will keep trying to coax him back.

Chickenfeets

Quote from: "Fashionista"I have recently discovered that there are several posters on Vancouver Forum that want us shut down..

I know how it makes you feel, Fash. I feel it, too.

But remember this: there is only one poster doing this and his aim is to take down all forums, not just this one.

I know this is no consolation, Fash, but you should not take this personally. And neither should Obvious Li.

Anonymous

it doesn't put evs in a difficult situation at all, as i said. i was not joking ok:) you are not hosted by the posters of vf, you are hosted by me. and, while i feel that they should be allowed to express their opinion of other forums, that opinion, if the said forum is operating according to memebee's TOS, stays their opinion, not mine.

Chickenfeets

Anyway, I will take my leave now.

I wish you well in whatever it is you decide to do, Fashionista.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I have recently discovered that there are several posters on Vancouver Forum that want us shut down..

But remember this: there is only one poster doing this and his aim is to take down all forums, not just this one.

I know this is no consolation, Fash, but you should not take this personally. And neither should Obvious Li.

I know who you mean Chickenfeets, but it is more than just that poster..

Some of evs most regular posters such as JOE and Mel Gibson want us shut down..

There are probably others that I don't know about too.

RW

Fash, you really need to consider the sources of the call to shut down.  Sometimes you just need to not care what some people say.

In terms of admin, I think you are better off here but it's your call.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Fash, you really need to consider the sources of the call to shut down.  Sometimes you just need to not care what some people say.

In terms of admin, I think you are better off here but it's your call.

Thank you for the advice Real Woman, I appreciate your comments.

RW

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"

No man is an island Chicken Licken.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

A poster just informed me of a forum that I never heard of called B**** H***..

It was as disgusting as that forum Gordy Gambino posts on.

:shock:

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"So?

I was shocked by the filth that's all.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!