Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

The state of public education

Started by DKG, March 16, 2023, 03:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Herman post_id=503066 time=1686368919 user_id=3396
Elsewhere in Canada, TheBlaze recently reported that Muslim students were told they "can't be Canadian" if they refused to participate in LGBT events.

Well we saw how that worked out... muslim parents encouraging their children to throw rainbow flags on the ground and stomp on them. In Carleton no less.

There's your participation, Truedeaup.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Oerdin

Public education is a train wreck.

DKG

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=503081 time=1686377980 user_id=3409
Quote from: Herman post_id=503066 time=1686368919 user_id=3396
Elsewhere in Canada, TheBlaze recently reported that Muslim students were told they "can't be Canadian" if they refused to participate in LGBT events.

Well we saw how that worked out... muslim parents encouraging their children to throw rainbow flags on the ground and stomp on them. In Carleton no less.

If they were White., Trudeau would have issued a statement calling them racists, fascists, and transphobes within ten minutes of that video being posted.

DKG

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=503087 time=1686405799 user_id=3374

I believe it. Those of you with kids would know how bad it has become.

DKG

Quote from: Herman post_id=503070 time=1686370901 user_id=3396
I don't fault the Orientals for being pissed off about this shit.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/asian-american-who-scored-1590-out-of-1600-on-sat-got-465-gpa-says-he-applied-to-harvard-princeton-4-other-elite-colleges-and-they-all-rejected-him?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202023-06-09&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/asian-ame ... Daily%20PM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/asian-american-who-scored-1590-out-of-1600-on-sat-got-465-gpa-says-he-applied-to-harvard-princeton-4-other-elite-colleges-and-they-all-rejected-him?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202023-06-09&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM

Jon Wang, an Asian-American, achieved a nearly perfect sore of 1590 out of 1600 on the Scholastic Aptitude Test and attained 4.65 grade-point average in high school — well beyond perfect.

Most folks likely would assume that waves of red carpets would come rolling in from elite colleges that would love nothing more than to scoop up a student boasting such numbers.

ndeed, Wang told Fox Nation he applied to six "top-tier" institutions of higher learning — Harvard, Princeton, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the California Institute of Technology, Carnegie-Mellon, and the University of California, Berkeley.

But the verdict — despite Wang's performance, which included a perfect 800 on the math portion of the SAT — was a resounding no from all six schools, the cable network program said.

Wang — a Florida native and the son of two first-generation Chinese immigrants — told Fox Nation the rejections weren't entirely surprising given that he spoke to friends and school guidance counselors amid the application process, and they all said the same thing.

"They all told me that it's tougher to get in, especially as an Asian-American," Wang told Fox Nation. "I just took it as gospel."

More from the cable network program:

A passage from its book "Cracking College Admissions" notes that the high success of many Asian-American students has generated concerns among some schools who allege there are "too many" on their campuses.

As explored in the Fox Nation special, the book says applying to college as an Asian American could be a "distinct disadvantage" at many elite schools. It also instructs applicants to refrain from including a photo of themselves in their application and withhold optional answers about ethnic background, if possible, as well as to avoid writing admissions essays about the significance of identifying with two cultures.

Wang took up the issue with Students for Fair Admissions, which Fox Nation said is working to bring race-based college admissions to an end.

"I gave them my test scores, and then they must've ran the model on that... [they] told me I had a 20% chance of getting accepted to Harvard as an Asian-American and a 95% chance as an African-American," Wang told Fox Nation.

Wang now is among the plaintiffs challenging Harvard and the University of North Carolina in court over race-based admissions and affirmative-action practices, the cable network program added.

More from Fox Nation:

At stake in the Harvard case is whether the university violated Title VI of the Civil Rights Act by discriminating against Asian-American applicants. The UNC case, in contrast, looks at that school's unwillingness to adopt a "race-neutral alternative."

Either of the two cases could overturn 2003 precedent case Grutter v. Bollinger, wherein the court ultimately ruled that the use of race as an admissions factor was not unconstitutional as long as it was narrowly tailored to further the compelling interests of obtaining the educational benefits available in a diverse student body.

This really makes my blood boil, This the only issue that unites the North American Asian community. Everybody from eighteen year old AOC supporters in California, to nearly fifty year old fiscal hawks like me oppose this institutionalized racist garbage.

Oerdin

Quote from: DKG post_id=503095 time=1686408516 user_id=3390
Quote from: Oerdin post_id=503087 time=1686405799 user_id=3374

We had a white leftist lesbian teacher spending class time in her English class teaching kids how to do anal sex.  Most of her students could not read or write at grade level but she spends time teaching sodomy?  Luckily, a kid filmed it secretly using his phone, parents found out what was going on, and the bitch got put on paid leave.  Firing her will be nearly impossible due to unions but with luck she might be kept out of classrooms.  

We need to make public sector unions illegal (even FDR said that should be done), we need to outlaw public schools teaching ideologies and closely regulate curriculum, and most of all we need mandatory school choice so there is competition and parents can move their children to which ever schools they want.  Sadly, none of that will ever happen here in Communist California where it is a one party state .

DKG

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=503102 time=1686409544 user_id=3374

We had a white leftist lesbian teacher spending class time in her English class teaching kids how to do anal sex.  Most of her students could not read or write at grade level but she spends time teaching sodomy?  Luckily, a kid filmed it secretly using his phone, parents found out what was going on, and the bitch got put on paid leave.  Firing her will be nearly impossible due to unions but with luck she might be kept out of classrooms.  

We need to make public sector unions illegal (even FDR said that should be done), we need to outlaw public schools teaching ideologies and closely regulate curriculum, and most of all we need mandatory school choice so there is competition and parents can move their children to which ever schools they want.  Sadly, none of that will ever happen here in Communist California where it is a one party state .

Was she reprimanded at all? If not, she would continue not doing her job.

I knew that FDR could see the conflict of allowing public sector unions. In Canada, those public sector union bosses are so powerful, so unaccountable, and so untouchable, they determine provincial elections.

Oerdin

She was suspended with pay pending an investigation.  To fire her you basically have to prove she committed a crime and simply not doing her job, being completely incompetent, or being a verifiable child groomer counts.  It is just absurd how bad teachers can never get fired.

formosan

Reading horror stories like yours is a reminder that the financial sacrifice my husband and I made to send our children to a private Christian school was a worhwhile investment.
too old to be a fashionista

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: DKG post_id=503094 time=1686408450 user_id=3390
Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=503081 time=1686377980 user_id=3409

If they were White., Trudeau would have issued a statement calling them racists, fascists, and transphobes within ten minutes of that video being posted.

Canada isn't exactly known for being quick off the mark. I cite the Capital Hill shooting incident as an example; it took around 8 hours for that to be declared the result of islamic radicalization, in spite of there meing not a single tangible link between the shooter and any known Isis calls or operatives.

I'd also point you to US practice of labeling anything off the plantation as "white supremacy. The "skinfolk, not kinfolk" assertion specifically. Identifiably black individuals have been dismissed as white supremacists before for simply not agreeing with leftist propaganda in KKKalifornia, the same holds true for hispanics such as Enrique Tarrio.

Given time, I don't see why clowns like Truedeaup wouldn't attempt to Godwin a muslim or three into the group, nor for low information leftists to accept it without demure, in spite of the obvious fallacy of logic. White supremacists, for all their reputation about racial purity, are apparently okay with letting the non-pure run their affairs.

The truth of course is far more mundane. Too many people are okay with being lied to and allowing their leaders to get away with it. Because they are leaders and we all think they are the bomb. See folks like Caskur for further examples of this. Or simply look in the mirror the next time you get to praising your average run or the mill conservative and ask yourself "does this person really have my interests at heart, or is he just pretending that he does".
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Oerdin

Quote from: formosan post_id=503111 time=1686414942 user_id=3391

Reading horror stories like yours is a reminder that the financial sacrifice my husband and I made to send our children to a private Christian school was a worhwhile investment.

Many of the private schools are is badly infected with this vile ideology as the public schools especially in blue cities.  It is the opposite of education; it is indoctrination without learning how to think.

DKG

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=503150 time=1686495313 user_id=3374
Quote from: formosan post_id=503111 time=1686414942 user_id=3391

Many of the private schools are is badly infected with this vile ideology as the public schools especially in blue cities.  It is the opposite of education; it is indoctrination without learning how to think.

Somebody posted an article about a year ago about an ultra woke private school for the kids of elites in the NYC area. So yes, I know you are right about this.

DKG

The evidence is clear Mr Newsom. Public schools are failing.

Charter school students outperform public school peers by significant margins

A Stanford University study finds charter students have an average of 16 extra days of growth in reading and 6 days in math in a school year.

The typical charter school student is outperforming their traditional public school peer by a significant margin, according to the 2023 National Charter School Study released Tuesday by Stanford University's Center for Research on Education Outcomes.

Using a standard benchmark of a 180-day school year, researchers found charter school students have an average of 16 additional days of learning growth in reading and 6 days in math when compared to traditional public school students.

According to the third national charter school study by CREDO since 2009, Black and Hispanic charter students show the largest gains. Multiracial, Native American and White students made similar progress as traditional public school peers in reading, but weaker gains in math. And Asian student performance in charter schools is about level with traditional public school peers.

https://www.k12dive.com/news/charter-students-outperform-public-school-students/652320/#:~:text=Using%20a%20standard%20benchmark%20of%20a%20180-day%20school,math%20when%20compared%20to%20traditional%20public%20school%20students">https://www.k12dive.com/news/charter-st ... 20students">https://www.k12dive.com/news/charter-students-outperform-public-school-students/652320/#:~:text=Using%20a%20standard%20benchmark%20of%20a%20180-day%20school,math%20when%20compared%20to%20traditional%20public%20school%20students.

Oerdin

My wife has informed me that our youngest would be stay home from school today.  Apparently, he didn't want to go to school today because so many of his friends also planned to stay at home.  Why?  There is a mandatory "Pride Celebration assembly" today at his elementary school.  Supposedly the thing is three hours long and most of the kids want nothing to do with it.

Thus why they have organized their own student sick out to avoid the child sexual grooming event.