The best topic

Replies: 10480
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:01:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

This n that

Started by DKG, March 31, 2023, 07:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Shen Li

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=507268 time=1689305716 user_id=3351
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=507264 time=1689301429 user_id=3389

Was the asshole on CNN or MSNBC.

Sorry Shen, cant remember. It was a montage of bullshit Fox News was playing on ridiculous assholes talking ridiculous bullshit.

You know, I almost feel sorry for my wife. I predicted all this bullshit and more 20 years ago. It cant be easy living with a modern day Nostrafukindamus!

There are so many horseshit news sources, who can remember them all.

Frood

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=507263 time=1689300349 user_id=3351
Quote from: Herman post_id=507233 time=1689286514 user_id=3396
Lawmakers on Capitol Hill have said that the U.S. Secret Service told them in a closed-door briefing that the investigation into cocaine found at the White House has concluded and no suspect has been identified.

While the Secret Service has not yet officially confirmed the conclusion of the investigation, Rep. Nancy Mace (R-S.C.) told reporters on Capitol Hill on July 13 that this is basically the end of the line for the probe.

"I don't see it moving forward in any way, shape, or form after this," she said.

Ms. Mace said lawmakers were told during the closed-door briefing that investigators were unable to determine who brought the cocaine into the West Wing and how long it was before it was discovered on July 2. It was first identified as an "unknown item" and prompted a brief evacuation. Ya, right.

LOL! There was some asshole tonight saying the coke could have been there for years!!!  ac_lmfao  :laugh3:  ac_toofunny

Authorities sent wrongly accused people to prison decades ago and only these days with better DNA analysis on blood and semen,  do a few of these people go free... but mostly without a payout for years/decades lost/anguish..

But these stupid motherfuckers in federal government can't even work out if a drug has been somewhere for days or years?

Bull-fucking-shit...

There would be subtle or severe changes in any chemical compound with time. Nothing is stable at room temp.
Blahhhhhh...

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: caskur post_id=506994 time=1689162995 user_id=2156
Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=506982 time=1689156707 user_id=3409

Very nice! There's some history locked up with that one, looks to be nineteen-forties or thereabouts.

Good luck with it Caskur.

I bought it somewhere between 34-39 years ago at the Fremantle markets...it's a reproduction and it cost me $45 which was an indulgence for me at the time and a lot of money then too.. its stamped. usually people  break the jugs but I crashed into the set and it was the bowl that broke..

Reproduction or no, it's still a great buy. Reminds me of a bunch of plates and bowls my grandmother had scrimped and saved for in the years following WW2, the pattern on them was different from yours, but the china itself...

I can't explain it, you only know it when you look at it. A warmth you rarely get to see in today's stuff. I get the feeling it's something sentimental, something you cherish. So again... good luck with it.  ac_smile
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

DKG

A former Anheuser-Busch executive warned that Bud Light's continuous decline in sales will lead to more layoffs amid a months-long boycott that was initiated in early April, saying that "more employees" could be "at risk."

The executive, Anson Frericks, a former president of operations for Anheuser-Busch, recently spoke with Fox Business Network's "The Claman Countdown" and said that Anheuser-Busch CEO Brendan Whitworth should have responded differently to the ongoing controversy. Mr. Frericks said that Mr. Whitworth should have responded by saying, "'We wouldn't do this again 'cause we've lost billions of dollars of market cap. Our brands are down almost 30 percent, and all of a sudden, we're putting a lot of our suppliers at risk, and they're laying off hundreds of people from jobs at some of their suppliers.'"

"I think there's going to be some permanent damage to this brand," Mr. Frericks told Newsweek on Wednesday. "Unfortunately, I think it's going to be a long way to go to get back the market share they lost and a lot of headwind in front of them."

caskur

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=507293 time=1689325358 user_id=3409
Quote from: caskur post_id=506994 time=1689162995 user_id=2156

I bought it somewhere between 34-39 years ago at the Fremantle markets...it's a reproduction and it cost me $45 which was an indulgence for me at the time and a lot of money then too.. its stamped. usually people  break the jugs but I crashed into the set and it was the bowl that broke..

Reproduction or no, it's still a great buy. Reminds me of a bunch of plates and bowls my grandmother had scrimped and saved for in the years following WW2, the pattern on them was different from yours, but the china itself...

I can't explain it, you only know it when you look at it. A warmth you rarely get to see in today's stuff. I get the feeling it's something sentimental, something you cherish. So again... good luck with it.  ac_smile

I love English bone china and have a collection... it was a big deal collecting it in the 19 hundreds by most women.

I posted pictures of my collection at 3rd Rail.

The base hasn't been  fixed yet...looks like it is on hold for now unless I do it.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: DKG post_id=507322 time=1689343593 user_id=3390
 "I think there's going to be some permanent damage to this brand," Mr. Frericks told Newsweek on Wednesday. "Unfortunately, I think it's going to be a long way to go to get back the market share they lost and a lot of headwind in front of them."

Hard luck for Bud.... the workers can go work for the opposition..   beer drinking won't subside so the article is just scare mongering.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

DKG

Quote from: caskur post_id=507351 time=1689357990 user_id=2156

Hard luck for Bud.... the workers can go work for the opposition..   beer drinking won't subside so the article is just scare mongering.

I don't feel sorry for the parent company.

Lokmar

A former Anheuser-Busch executive warned that Bud Light's continuous decline in sales will lead to more layoffs amid a months-long boycott that was initiated in early April, saying that "more employees" could be "at risk."

The executive, Anson Frericks, a former president of operations for Anheuser-Busch, recently spoke with Fox Business Network's "The Claman Countdown" and said that Anheuser-Busch CEO Brendan Whitworth should have responded differently to the ongoing controversy. Mr. Frericks said that Mr. Whitworth should have responded by saying, "'We wouldn't do this again 'cause we've lost billions of dollars of market cap. Our brands are down almost 30 percent, and all of a sudden, we're putting a lot of our suppliers at risk, and they're laying off hundreds of people from jobs at some of their suppliers.'"

I sneered while driving passed AB in St Louis today. Fuk em!

Reggie_Essent

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=507386 time=1689378044 user_id=3351

I don't give a fuck if people from AB or mob-connected beer distributors get laid off because of the Bud Light fiasco.  I never drank their piss anyway and the CEO trying to make people feel guilty because he has to lay people off can go fuck himself too.  He ain't losing his job, is he?

DKG

If you are an American beer drinker, that company is hard to boycott.

Lokmar

Quote from: DKG post_id=507393 time=1689378723 user_id=3390

I found that out when I saw they owned Modelo and Corona. However, its very easy to buy Yuengling and anything obviously owned by a small corp. For example, last night I bought some Samuel Smiths.

https://samuelsmithsbrewery.co.uk/">https://samuelsmithsbrewery.co.uk/

DKG

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=507408 time=1689379613 user_id=3351

I found that out when I saw they owned Modelo and Corona. However, its very easy to buy Yuengling and anything obviously owned by a small corp. For example, last night I bought some Samuel Smiths.

There are small regional brewing companies and craft beer.

Reggie_Essent

I used to work for Miller/Coors doing advertising shit.  Most all of the big Brands are owned by ImBev, a global corporation.  Bud Light is just a Division of AB which in turn is majority-owned by InBev.  Even Modelo, which has been the big winner with Bud Light's demise (and is not bad beer IMO) is owned by InBev.

My favorite American piss beer is Heilemann's Old Style™, which is owned by Miller/Coors which in turned is owned by InBev.

Can't get away from the Big Corps, brother, and when I want a cold frosty one, I'll buy a 12 of Old Style™ for 8 or 9 bucks versus shelling out 10 bucks or so for a six pack of an independent brew.  It's just pocket economics.

DKG

Quote from: Reggie_Essent post_id=507413 time=1689380438 user_id=3378

I used to work for Miller/Coors doing advertising shit.  Most all of the big Brands are owned by ImBev, a global corporation.  Bud Light is just a Division of AB which in turn is majority-owned by InBev.  Even Modelo, which has been the big winner with Bud Light's demise (and is not bad beer IMO) is owned by InBev.

My favorite American piss beer is Heilemann's Old Style™, which is owned by Miller/Coors which in turned is owned by InBev.

Can't get away from the Big Corps, brother, and when I want a cold frosty one, I'll buy a 12 of Old Style™ for 8 or 9 bucks versus shelling out 10 bucks or so for a six pack of an independent brew.  It's just pocket economics.

Labatt Brewing Company Ltd., which controls 42.9% of the Canadian beer market, by volume is owned by Anheuser-Busch-InBev.

Reggie_Essent

Quote from: DKG post_id=507422 time=1689381311 user_id=3390
Quote from: Reggie_Essent post_id=507413 time=1689380438 user_id=3378

Labatt Brewing Company Ltd., which controls 42.9% of the Canadian beer market, by volume is owned by Anheuser-Busch-InBev.

They all are.  I used to work on LaBatt advertising assets all the time, and Molson too. And Leinekugels and Keystone and Hamms and Coors Banquet and Coors Light and any number of other Brands. even Moosehead.  I think that's Canadian swill too.