The best topic

Replies: 8486
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

ANNOUNCEMENT

Started by Erica Mena, May 12, 2023, 07:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Herman

Quote from: Frood post_id=500482 time=1683944889 user_id=1676
Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=500442 time=1683932422 user_id=2845
My time on these forums is coming to an end. It's been over twenty years, loads of fun and friendships I hope to keep for a lifetime.

BC will be closing in the 16th, which is the end of billing cycle. The host is pretty expensive and it's not very busy. I feel bad for the ones who have contributed, but I need to do this. I won't get into details but it's all positive things happening in my life and I can't have these forums stop any of it.

I'm keeping my Discord channel to keep in touch with friends. I will link Lokmar and the others to VF.

I love all of you and cherish all the memories.

I'm dropping Twitter again after Musk appointed a WEF whore.

VF isn't a good fit although I appreciate evs. Mimi is a dumb cow.

Guess it will be BF if you go.

Twitter aint for me and neither is VF. BF is a big no frickin way. I wish Biggie Smiles would bring back SG. Maybe you can ask him on BF.

Anonymous

"Nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure."

Lokmar

BF is a sniveling faggit assed bitch. If I went back, I'd make his faggit ass ban me the first day.

weebles

DV is where it all started TBH

">

Oerdin

What is VF?  It is sad Herman won't go to BF as it is fine once you put certain posters on ignore.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

DKG

My time on these forums is coming to an end. It's been over twenty years, loads of fun and friendships I hope to keep for a lifetime.

BC will be closing in the 16th, which is the end of billing cycle. The host is pretty expensive and it's not very busy. I feel bad for the ones who have contributed, but I need to do this. I won't get into details but it's all positive things happening in my life and I can't have these forums stop any of it.

I'm keeping my Discord channel to keep in touch with friends. I will link Lokmar and the others to VF.

I thought you would close this forum, but I thought you would wait one year. I was thinking about taking over this forum with kiebers. If I had a little more notice, I would have done that.

DKG

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=500499 time=1683965837 user_id=3374
What is VF?  It is sad Herman won't go to BF as it is fine once you put certain posters on ignore.

I guess my time on forums is done now too. I came to the original BC from Topix. Forums are quickly dying out, but I prefer this medium for discussion over all alternatives. I guess it will be Twitter for me too.

Shen Li

No offense Flea, but I didn't expect you to keep it long. I'm going by your track record of quickly getting bored with your own forumz,  but I thought you'd keep this place longer than 7 months.

Oh well, it's almost summer. Next year I'm moving to Singapore. Other than an occasional guest appearance on VF, I too will be joining the growing ranks of retired forum posters.

Blazor

Damn, I cant even drink this weekend to have a going away bonfire!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Erica Mena

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=500515 time=1683984689 user_id=3389

No offense Flea, but I didn't expect you to keep it long. I'm going by your track record of quickly getting bored with your own forumz,  but I thought you'd keep this place longer than 7 months.

Oh well, it's almost summer. Next year I'm moving to Singapore. Other than an occasional guest appearance on VF, I too will be joining the growing ranks of retired forum posters.

I'm leaving ALL forums, not just this one.

I understand everyone's feelings, however...

A. It's more of a "I'm trying to better myself and posting on these types of forums brings out the worst in me" type thing. It's time for me to grow up and spend my spare time engaging in more productive activities.

B. there is no sense in paying 500.00 a year for a forum that isn't very busy. I'm not rich and it's honestly a waste of money. I can't move it to a low priced host as the current host makes it way too complicated for anyone to bother.
<t></t>

Aylana

You have to agree with Erica...nothing but empty promises of new members at BF, lame gimmicks like the little flame gangs they set up, endless spam from not two 75 plus year old farts but now three with the arrival of Doc Holidumb at BF...who enjoys slogging through that garbage day after day.

Erica should make a mini Facebook page with Caskur, they used to have one. Call it the Nail Saloon or something.

Anonymous

Heh, and to think I was only discussing with Frood yesterday day about potentially registering here. Guess I needn't have weighed the pros and cons of that after all, eh?

Not to worry as all good things must come to an end sometime. None of the available options particularly interest me, had Ceedub got Flame Truth back up and running then I might have repaired to there, particularly for the ability to host and post the songflames and other media content I was gearing up to revisit. Perhaps her interest in maintaining a site became a casualty of the unsolicited one-upsmanship waged in that direction. Too bad if so, but I guess it frees me up to throw my skillset in front of an entirely new audience. Hopefully one that can be encouraged to explore that arena with myself which is something that proved difficult even back when Flametown was at its height. God help us, how long ago was that now?  :laugh3:

Ahh well, guess all that remains is to thank you all, as I don't imagine there'll be an eleventh hour offer on the old Empurpled Stranglecock servers this time around. People like Smeagoljaw will be partying in their panties over having outlasted the focus of their hatred; I was always more inclined towards a live and let live mindset, (even if that wasn't immediately obvious to those who allowed themselves to be worked up into a frothing frenzy where I was concerned) and am more inclined to raid Old Herman's swish cellar for a thimble to toast your good health with.

It was a blast, really it was. And it held my interest longer than mIRC ever did, which is something.

Erica Mena

Quote from: Aylana post_id=500523 time=1683989863 user_id=3385
You have to agree with Erica...nothing but empty promises of new members at BF, lame gimmicks like the little flame gangs they set up, endless spam from not two 75 plus year old farts but now three with the arrival of Doc Holidumb at BF...who enjoys slogging through that garbage day after day.

Erica should make a mini Facebook page with Caskur, they used to have one. Call it the Nail Saloon or something.

I might try that.
<t></t>

Erica Mena

Quote from: "...formerly known as sum cun`T" post_id=500524 time=1683990197

Heh, and to think I was only discussing with Frood yesterday day about potentially registering here. Guess I needn't have weighed the pros and cons of that after all, eh?

Not to worry as all good things must come to an end sometime. None of the available options particularly interest me, had Ceedub got Flame Truth back up and running then I might have repaired to there, particularly for the ability to host and post the songflames and other media content I was gearing up to revisit. Perhaps her interest in maintaining a site became a casualty of the unsolicited one-upsmanship waged in that direction. Too bad if so, but I guess it frees me up to throw my skillset in front of an entirely new audience. Hopefully one that can be encouraged to explore that arena with myself which is something that proved difficult even back when Flametown was at its height. God help us, how long ago was that now?  :laugh3:

Ahh well, guess all that remains is to thank you all, as I don't imagine there'll be an eleventh hour offer on the old Empurpled Stranglecock servers this time around. People like Smeagoljaw will be partying in their panties over having outlasted the focus of their hatred; I was always more inclined towards a live and let live mindset, (even if that wasn't immediately obvious to those who allowed themselves to be worked up into a frothing frenzy where I was concerned) and am more inclined to raid Old Herman's swish cellar for a thimble to toast your good health with.

It was a blast, really it was. And it held my interest longer than mIRC ever did, which is something.

If everyone knew what is happening, you'd all agree I'm doing the right thing and wish me the best. Well maybe not you as I know how you feel about the subject lol.
<t></t>