The best topic

Replies: 8525
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:23:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Interested?

Started by Melson Gibson, May 25, 2023, 02:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=502183 time=1685347280 user_id=3397
Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=502150 time=1685323124 user_id=164
This guy is absolutely correct...he's the only one speaking up for BC abd it's problems.  I'm voting for him.

">

Then you're voting for another 1,000,000+ immigrants per year.  And then you'll wonder why rents are $3,000/month for a one bedroom dump.

Vote PPC, or don't vote at all.

Pierre Poilievre confirmed he is supporting a Bloc motion to restrict immigration in the middle of a national labour shortage that hurts small businesses and communities across the country.May 11, 2023

Don't tell me how to vote.

PPC will never win.

Berry Sweet

If you don't vote at all...well be stuck in a communist country.

Alberta had an election yesterday...out of about 3 million people only 100,000 voted.

You know who doesn't vote?  Stupid people.  And those are the ones who complain about everything. "My e-bike got stolen"  "they fucked up my vegan smoothie"   "my neighbors are bbqing meat!  Call the cops!"  "My septic tank stinks"   "I drive a truck"  etc

Herman

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=502345 time=1685506060 user_id=164
Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=502183 time=1685347280 user_id=3397

Then you're voting for another 1,000,000+ immigrants per year.  And then you'll wonder why rents are $3,000/month for a one bedroom dump.

Vote PPC, or don't vote at all.

Pierre Poilievre confirmed he is supporting a Bloc motion to restrict immigration in the middle of a national labour shortage that hurts small businesses and communities across the country.May 11, 2023

I could only find that on the NDP's website, so I do not believe it.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: Herman post_id=502347 time=1685506934 user_id=3396
Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=502345 time=1685506060 user_id=164

I agree...its probably true.  Everywhere I looked that's what it said...I was pissed off with the media last night...they're weren't reporting properly abd lying about stuff....I participated online during the election (viewing and chat)  everyone was for UCP...not just Alberta...but people from around the world were supporting UPC.  The thing is...UPC won and all the news can talk about is the NDP...Majority of Edmonton voted NDP...and that seemed to be the spot light.. not the actual fact UCP won.

Herman

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=502348 time=1685507320 user_id=164
Quote from: Herman post_id=502347 time=1685506934 user_id=3396

I agree...its probably true.  Everywhere I looked that's what it said...I was pissed off with the media last night...they're weren't reporting properly abd lying about stuff....I participated online during the election (viewing and chat)  everyone was for UCP...not just Alberta...but people from around the world were supporting UPC.  The thing is...UPC won and all the news can talk about is the NDP...Majority of Edmonton voted NDP...and that seemed to be the spot light.. not the actual fact UCP won.

Man the Alberta NDP is extreme. Thanks to cities like Red Deer, Fort McMurray, and Medicine Hat for keeping those commie nutjobs out.

">

Berry Sweet

Thank God Nutjob didn't get voted.  I appreciate these Canadian people starting their own channels and talking about what's going on...I follow several...fuck the mainstream news.

DKG

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=502355 time=1685508970 user_id=164
fuck the mainstream news.

That is the unfortunate reality today.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=502346 time=1685506583 user_id=164
If you don't vote at all...well be stuck in a communist country.

Alberta had an election yesterday...out of about 3 million people only 100,000 voted.

You know who doesn't vote?  Stupid people.  And those are the ones who complain about everything. "My e-bike got stolen"  "they fucked up my vegan smoothie"   "my neighbors are bbqing meat!  Call the cops!"  "My septic tank stinks"   "I drive a truck"  etc

Take a look at the social demographics of Edmonton, where NDP voter turnout was highest and tell me what you see.

If I were to guess, this is a neighbourhood that promotes diversity and inclusion as strength. It is fair to say that the NDP pushes this message even more than the liberals do. And politics as a whole seems to be getting dragged further and further in that direction. Would you agree that this is an accurate assessment?

Presuming your answer is "yes", I'd like to table a New York Times article from 2007 regarding a study that mentions this as being the prime cause of a lot of problems facing society today, including the one you have identified; namely of low voter turnout.

QuotePutnam claims the US has experienced a pronounced decline in "social capital," a term he helped popularize. Social capital refers to the social networks -- whether friendships or religious congregations or neighborhood associations -- that he says are key indicators of civic well-being. When social capital is high, says Putnam, communities are better places to live. Neighborhoods are safer; people are healthier; and more citizens vote.

The results of his new study come from a survey Putnam directed among residents in 41 US communities, including Boston. Residents were sorted into the four principal categories used by the US Census: black, white, Hispanic, and Asian. They were asked how much they trusted their neighbors and those of each racial category, and questioned about a long list of civic attitudes and practices, including their views on local government, their involvement in community projects, and their friendships. What emerged in more diverse communities was a bleak picture of civic desolation, affecting everything from political engagement to the state of social ties.

Putnam knew he had provocative findings on his hands. He worried about coming under some of the same liberal attacks that greeted Daniel Patrick Moynihan's landmark 1965 report on the social costs associated with the breakdown of the black family. There is always the risk of being pilloried as the bearer of "an inconvenient truth," says Putnam.

After releasing the initial results in 2001, Putnam says he spent time "kicking the tires really hard" to be sure the study had it right. Putnam realized, for instance, that more diverse communities tended to be larger, have greater income ranges, higher crime rates, and more mobility among their residents -- all factors that could depress social capital independent of any impact ethnic diversity might have.

"People would say, 'I bet you forgot about X,'" Putnam says of the string of suggestions from colleagues. "There were 20 or 30 X's."

But even after statistically taking them all into account, the connection remained strong: Higher diversity meant lower social capital. In his findings, Putnam writes that those in more diverse communities tend to "distrust their neighbors, regardless of the color of their skin, to withdraw even from close friends, to expect the worst from their community and its leaders, to volunteer less, give less to charity and work on community projects less often, to register to vote less, to agitate for social reform more but have less faith that they can actually make a difference, and to huddle unhappily in front of the television."

The full article is archived https://archive.is/IrbAC#selection-559.0-579.632">here and being that it is the New York Times you're going to have to white-knuckle your way through its leftist spin. Assuming that you can, you will notice even they admit towards the end of the article that it appears from the study that whatever benefits of "productivity" their fools errand of diversity brings in the short term, these appear to be in danger from the diminishing social capital that results from diversity.

This was known as far back as 2001. Possibly longer, but I'm going by the study mentioned in the article. So why have we had two whole decades of our governments doubling down on the diversity question? This is all parties mind you, though to varying degrees. I realise this might be interpreted as a red rag to the Nationalists to run in trumpeting "see, we were right" and you may yet feel some conflict at being seen on the same side as the "bigots" and "racists" polite society has long accused them of being. You seem to be fairly accepting of people from a good number of ethnic backgrounds, even if the same cannot be said for the ideological. As an aggregate, the two tend to go hand in hand more often than we like to admit. My own experience suggests that there are exceptions to this rule of course; the lion's share tends to form enclaves (ie: Chinatown, Little Italy etc) and with predictable results.

Whatever the reasons our *ahem* "representatives" in the halls of power might have for pushing the multicultural paradigm when they suspected it was a venture doomed to fail from the start can be debated at length. More to the point is how are we as a people going to rectify it. Because our government certainly doesn't seem to be interested in doing the job for us. At best we get lipservice to the issues and what they plan to do about it, otherwise it's incremental steps and an increasing loss of agency on our part.

I do understand your anger, I don't believe hectoring people with accusations of being stupid is the answer. Sure, it feels good to let off that pressure valve, but it doesn't achieve a lot else. You're educated and if I remember rightly your job involved you building cases for arguments that would stand up to scrutiny by an impartial moderator. A valuable skill which I would encourage you to exercise in lieu of getting frustrated at those less endowed with vision and the language to express it.

There are a lot of stupid people, granted. There are also the ignorant and disillusioned - you can reach them, you only need to figure out the "how". But I think you already knew that, deep down.

I hope I've given you something here you can use.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Herman

As I remember, Edmonton always was a prog wastelend. The old PC party was a prog party. Most folks forget that.

Shen Li

Quote from: Herman post_id=502432 time=1685576556 user_id=3396
As I remember, Edmonton always was a prog wastelend. The old PC party was a prog party. Most folks forget that.

A few former Progressive Conservative cabinet ministers including Thomas Lukaszuk and Doug Griffits endorsed the NDP. The rural and small town wing of the PC party had true blue conservatives, but the Edmonton wing was pure libtard.

I voted NDP by the way. I want Canada to fail.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=502445 time=1685580842 user_id=3389

No.  You wanted White Canada to fail, and you are now getting your wish.

Melson Gibson

8,000,000 Canadians aren't actually Canadian citizens, which is roughly 25% of our population.  They are permanent residents, and as such cannot vote.

They are going to see things that horrify them here...  10 to a room, on bunk beds.

Or maybe not.  They are used to sharing beds.

I laugh, before I act.

DKG

Quote from: Herman post_id=502432 time=1685576556 user_id=3396

That is just crazy.

Shen Li

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=502480 time=1685603394 user_id=3397

No.  You wanted White Canada to fail, and you are now getting your wish.

Canada needs a little time in the penalty box to realize that liberty and prosperity are not birth rights.

I like rural and small town white Canadians who work and contribute. They are getting fukt over as badly by white, urban libtard assholes as conservative East Asian, SE Asian, South Asian and Nigerian immigrants are. Mel, I don't want all this costly, but pointless climate alarmist horseshit, but urban white libtards force it on us. I don't want a 15 minute city that gives city hall the authority to dictate where I can go and how I spend money, but white libturds say it is necessary to combat the "climate crisis." Like most immigrants that came here the proper way, I know immigration levels are way too high and unsustainable. Municipalities across Canada are struggling to cope with the strain on schools, hospitals and roads that mass immigration causes.

Actually, urban white libtards don't want skilled immigrants from across the Asian continent. They want mass refugee acceptance from places like East Africa and Latin America. They tend to support libtard causes.

Anecdotally, my neighbourhood was a sea of orange signs in our provincial election. My riding is about 60% white and they were the homes that had dipper signs. About 35% of the riding is Asian(mostly Chinese, Filipino and EI) and I didn't see any orange signs on their lawns. That pisses off white libturds. I voted NDP, but we had no orange sign on our lawn. I don't want white libturds to think they've beaten us down.

Oerdin

You live in B.C.?  I am sorry but that is a notoriously libtarded place.  The lead in the water seems to make them all low I.Q..

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview