The best topic

Replies: 10378
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:35:39 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Banning Chinese products....

Started by Obvious Li, June 01, 2014, 09:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I divide my family's shopping between Walmart, Costco and Sobey's..

We also buy goods from Canadian Tire and Home Depot..

All of them are dependent on Chinese imports as far as I know..

Overall, I am usually satisfied with quality and safety.

I don't like low quality Chinese goods, but I have spent money in some of those stores. This means I have consciously bought Chinese made junk.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"Regarding electronics.....China actually makes little to no electronics..it is all Korean and Japanese....maybe assembled in China but the parts are manufactured in plants elsewhere...at least that's the way it was not long ago......

Haier, Aigo, Hisense, Huawei, Lenovo, ZTL and ZTE.

Gary Oak

Getting our food from China is asking for trouble. We had better be testing the food products that we are importing thoroughly.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"Regarding electronics.....China actually makes little to no electronics..it is all Korean and Japanese....maybe assembled in China but the parts are manufactured in plants elsewhere...at least that's the way it was not long ago......

Haier, Aigo, Hisense, Huawei, Lenovo, ZTL and ZTE.

i stand corrected.....please tell me they stopped using two cans and a string by now.....lolololo......xoxoxoxo

Gary Oak

Who would take any medicine if they knew it was made in China? They poison baby formula and export medicine to us.  :?  :x  :!:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"Who would take any medicine if they knew it was made in China? They poison baby formula and export medicine to us.  :?  :x  :!:

This is the first rational post you have ever made about China or anything else Asian.

Obvious Li

more on the news about poisonous dog food made in China.....many many family pets now RIP.....one more reason to ban ALL Made in China products........ALL products........immediately

Obvious Li

we have now resorted to garage saleing to obtain old made in the USA household appliances...after going through three can openers this year alone...we finally found an old one at a garage sale for $.50...works like a dream....the dragon bought a Phillips made in the USA blender on Sat. at a garage sale for $1.00....it is at least 50 years old, looks brand new, weights about 20 lbs. and would chip a fvcking douglas fir....she fired it up and it works just dandy...can't wait to finish our 1960's kitchen collection....... :ugeek:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"we have now resorted to garage saleing to obtain old made in the USA household appliances...after going through three can openers this year alone...we finally found an old one at a garage sale for $.50...works like a dream....the dragon bought a Phillips made in the USA blender on Sat. at a garage sale for $1.00....it is at least 50 years old, looks brand new, weights about 20 lbs. and would chip a fvcking douglas fir....she fired it up and it works just dandy...can't wait to finish our 1960's kitchen collection....... :ugeek:

Garage sales can be fun for the collector in all of us. Most are just junk that people are too lazy to haul to the dump themselves. If you are patient, you'll find one with those rare magical treasures like antique American made blenders. :)

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"we have now resorted to garage saleing to obtain old made in the USA household appliances...after going through three can openers this year alone...we finally found an old one at a garage sale for $.50...works like a dream....the dragon bought a Phillips made in the USA blender on Sat. at a garage sale for $1.00....it is at least 50 years old, looks brand new, weights about 20 lbs. and would chip a fvcking douglas fir....she fired it up and it works just dandy...can't wait to finish our 1960's kitchen collection....... :ugeek:

Garage sales can be fun for the collector in all of us. Most are just junk that people are too lazy to haul to the dump themselves. If you are patient, you'll find one with those rare magical treasures like antique American made blenders. :)

We should have a yard sale this year..

Our garage and basement have too much clutter.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"

hey Fash....the little woman loves garage sales...forces me at gun point to take her...always always always buys a bunch of junk, which i will eventually have to haul to the dump.....she can't seem to get enough of it....i must admit she does find a lot of treasure also..... :ugeek:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

hey Fash....the little woman loves garage sales...forces me at gun point to take her...always always always buys a bunch of junk, which i will eventually have to haul to the dump.....she can't seem to get enough of it....i must admit she does find a lot of treasure also..... :ugeek:

The ratio is for every single shoebox full of anything worth keeping you must make ten loads to the dump.

Frost

I try to buy stuff from other countries since China has some bad products, and a rep for Lead in stuff.

It's hard not to buy Chinese anymore though since most companies have moved there.

Stuff that you really need to stay away from is Food products, containers for food, and cooking products.

I think most other stuff is safe to a point just cheaply made.

Now you can get some good stuff, but from companies under license from major brands that care about quality.

It's not the people also, it's mostly the greed of a fast dollar so they make stuff cheap as they can because there is a demand.

Taiwan has a lot of good stuff, there metal is a lot better than China's, Electronics also.

just my opinion, take it or leave it. :)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"I try to buy stuff from other countries since China has some bad products, and a rep for Lead in stuff.

It's hard not to buy Chinese anymore though since most companies have moved there.

Stuff that you really need to stay away from is Food products, containers for food, and cooking products.

I think most other stuff is safe to a point just cheaply made.

Now you can get some good stuff, but from companies under license from major brands that care about quality.

It's not the people also, it's mostly the greed of a fast dollar so they make stuff cheap as they can because there is a demand.

Taiwan has a lot of good stuff, there metal is a lot better than China's, Electronics also.

just my opinion, take it or leave it. :)

I'll leave it Frosty, but I still luvs ya.

Frost

Hey hi :-)

Oh feel free Shen Li, I don't mind. I mean no disrespect to the people, you have to blame the ones who keep buying the stuff.

It's about like everything anymore to get to the point with designed obsolescence.