Replies: 10377
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:23:03 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Banning Chinese products....

Started by Obvious Li, June 01, 2014, 09:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obvious Li

If i was king i would ban ALL products from mainland China.....they are inferior, dangerous and just plain fucking junk.....ban chinese products today....... :ugeek:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"If i was king i would ban ALL products from mainland China.....they are inferior, dangerous and just plain fucking junk.....ban chinese products today....... :ugeek:

Does that include me handsome?

Srsly though, production from China has improved living standards in the West. Think about it, TV's are far cheaper today than say 4 decades ago. When was the last time you sen a cobbler's shop? They don't exist anymore because shoes from China are so cheap nowadays. I agree we have sacrificed quality for cheapness, but it seems like a good trade.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"If i was king i would ban ALL products from mainland China.....they are inferior, dangerous and just plain fucking junk.....ban chinese products today....... :ugeek:

Srsly though, production from China has improved living standards in the West. Think about it, TV's are far cheaper today than say 4 decades ago. When was the last time you sen a cobbler's shop? They don't exist anymore because shoes from China are so cheap nowadays. I agree we have sacrificed quality for cheapness, but it seems like a good trade.

obviously you can cobble me anytime you want princess..but i cannot cannot take any more of these products from china.....it is no longer a good or even acceptable trade to bring in dangerous deadly uninspected products from china full of poisons and substances banned here.....fuck those little slanty eyed devils and their break after one use plastic junk....i have fucking had it up to here...give me some good old fashioned made in the USA shit that i can depend on

ghost

There's one not too far from my house, and yes, I've used it to repair shoes.

But I have to admit, those thousands of dogs dying recently didn't look very good. I won't buy treats for my pets unless they are made in Canada.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ghost"

There's one not too far from my house, and yes, I've used it to repair shoes.

But I have to admit, those thousands of dogs dying recently didn't look very good. I won't buy treats for my pets unless they are made in Canada.

Really? That's not too common anymore I think.

I know you are an animal lover, so you boycotting Chinese pet food is not a surprise. I still think Chinese mass production has been a net benefit for Western consumers.

ghost

I'm not against Chinese imports to be honest. But I do think the demand has gotten too extreme to the point that corners are being cut. Sadly, our people always complain about our own health and standards, ignoring the heath and standards of the people making those products.

I can think of two shoe repair places in Vancouver and Richmond. One of them also cuts keys. haha But the guy I go to is really good. This little tiny Chinese man who barely speaks a word of English. But, man, can he fix shoes.

Anonymous

I know, I bought a pair of sandals and had the strap break off the same day. A cork screw that broke as soon as I used it. A blender that I got less than a year out of. The disposability of everything is frustrating. Nothing lasts anymore. You need to keep buying new stuff.

Obvious Li

the main problem is that you cannot find alternatives for the vast majority of products you use everyday...literally everything we use is made in china....no matter which company you buy from.....and it is all inferior junk...in many case full of toxic products that goes unchecked directly into our homes etc....i am so willing to pay more for European or US made products but they are rare to impossible to find....i sense that there is a movement afoot among certain manufacturers to move there operations back to the USA..i hope that is true......maybe one of these "C" changes that happen every so often... :?:

Renee

There is no such thing as a "good trade" when it comes to sacrificing quality. As the old adage goes "cheap is expensive" and it's no different when it comes to cheap and inferior Chinese products.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"There is no such thing as a "good trade" when it comes to sacrificing quality. As the old adage goes "cheap is expensive" and it's no different when it comes to cheap and inferior Chinese products.

I disagree Renee. Everyone owning a tablet/smart phone is the direct result of Chinese mass production. Many people that could not afford some goods if they were made in the West now have these items readily available.

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"There is no such thing as a "good trade" when it comes to sacrificing quality. As the old adage goes "cheap is expensive" and it's no different when it comes to cheap and inferior Chinese products.

I disagree Renee. Everyone owning a tablet/smart phone is the direct result of Chinese mass production. Many people that could not afford some goods if they were made in the West now have these items readily available.

For every decent Chinese product there are 100 or more shitty ones. Don't even get me started on products such as building supplies, tools, etc. When compared to US or European made equipment and tools the stuff coming from china ranges from crap to dangerous. Even stuff like portable generators and compressors made in China are crap compared to the domestic or European competition. My husband won't even buy tools or pipe or anything else if it has a Chinese label on it. The call backs, repairs and out of the box defects end up being 3 times what they should be. What you save in initial cost you lose in repairs, replacements and service.

Yeah, they may have made things like cell phones more affordable but cell phones are pieces of shit anyway. Cheap mass produced disposable junk for the most part. Paying some poor Chinese worker 3 cents an hour to produce crap that breaks or wears out in less than half the time as the more expensive quality made product provides no real benefit in the long run. All it does is feed our societies need for instant gratification. Unfortunately most people are too stupid to realize that these cheap goods are costing them money outside the initial product cost.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

For every decent Chinese product there are 100 or more shitty ones. Don't even get me started on products such as building supplies, tools, etc. When compared to US or European made equipment and tools the stuff coming from china ranges from crap to dangerous. Even stuff like portable generators and compressors made in China are crap compared to the domestic or European competition. My husband won't even by tools of pipe or anything else if it has a Chinese label on it. The call backs, repairs and out of the box defects end up being 3 times what they should be. What you save in initial cost you lose in repairs replacements and service.

Yeah, they may have made things like cell phones more affordable but cell phones are pieces of shit anyway. Cheap mass produced disposable junk for the most part. Paying some poor Chinese worker 3 cents an hour to produce crap that breaks or wears out in less than half the time as the more expensive quality made product provides no real benefit in the long run. All it does is feed our societies need for instant gratification. Unfortunately most people are too stupid to realize that these cheap goods are costing them money outside the initial product cost.

I have tools made in Europe and some made in China too. Both my husband and I take care of our tools and they last us.

The fact remains that almost anyone can afford to play video games, be online, capture images, play golf is thanks to Chinese mass production. Many of the same people that complain about China being the world's factory floor are the same ones lining up to buy the latest Apple products. Hypocrisy is the name of the game.

Renee

For every decent Chinese product there are 100 or more shitty ones. Don't even get me started on products such as building supplies, tools, etc. When compared to US or European made equipment and tools the stuff coming from china ranges from crap to dangerous. Even stuff like portable generators and compressors made in China are crap compared to the domestic or European competition. My husband won't even buy tools or pipe or anything else if it has a Chinese label on it. The call backs, repairs and out of the box defects end up being 3 times what they should be. What you save in initial cost you lose in repairs, replacements and service.

I have tools made in Europe and some made in China too. Both my husband and I take care of our tools and they last us.

The fact remains that almost anyone can afford to play video games, be online, capture images, play golf is thanks to Chinese mass production. Many of the same people that complain about China being the world's factory floor are the same ones lining up to buy the latest Apple products. Hypocrisy is the name of the game.

I'm glad you take care of your husband's tool but isn't that what a good wife is supposed to do?

Obvious Li

somewhat agree princess..initially everyone was euphoric over cheap priced goods...then the quality issues hit and the added replacement costs of using junk started to mount up and the discovery that many many products are toxic and dangerous to human health (including radioactive drywall etc,) so now people are starting to question the wisdom of one way trade in junk......contact lenses that blind people, food that is grown on toxic waste dumps, tools that snap when used, bearings that wear out prematurely and on and on and on.....i want my govt. that supposedly is guarding our health and the products that enter this country to step up to the plate and ban this junk...or at least make it easier for NA companies to set up manufacturing facilities once more.....bring back quality control i say.

Regarding electronics.....China actually makes little to no electronics..it is all Korean and Japanese....maybe assembled in China but the parts are manufactured in plants elsewhere...at least that's the way it was not long ago......

Anonymous

I divide my family's shopping between Walmart, Costco and Sobey's..

We also buy goods from Canadian Tire and Home Depot..

All of them are dependent on Chinese imports as far as I know..

Overall, I am usually satisfied with quality and safety.