Replies: 8232
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 07:26:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

• US election 2024 5 0 5 1

US election 2024

Started by DKG, August 16, 2023, 02:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

DKG

The political ramifications of targeting Trump with criminal prosecutions is only beginning.
It appears that Democrats and Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg (D) have accomplished a feat that even Donald Trump couldn't for the last decade: turn "Never-Trump" voters into Trump supporters.

Trump's conviction proved to be a massive fundraising boon for his campaign. But it's also persuading Americans reluctant to support Trump in the past to vote for him in November.

It's the law of unintended consequences personified.

Last week, venture capitalist Shaun Maguire made headlines with his six-figure donation to Trump's campaign in the wake of the verdict. In a new interview, Maguire told the Free Press that it wasn't necessarily the verdict that persuaded him to support Trump — but Democrats' lawfare against the former president.

"We were told that Donald Trump would be the end of democracy, but it turns out that lawfare tactics have been escalated by the Democrats and not by the Republicans," he told the news outlet. "And so it's from that backdrop that I believe the Republican Party is less of a danger to democracy than the Democratic Party right now."

Herman

Days after former President Donald Trump was found guilty by a Manhattan jury, a poll in a 2024 battleground state shows that voters still favor the former president.

In a Quinnipiac University poll conducted between May 30 to June 5, the former president had a 5-point edge over President Joe Biden in Georgia. About 49 percent backed President Trump, compared with 44 percent who supported President Biden in the Peach State.

DKG

It's been two decades since a Republican carried Virginia in the race for the White House.

You have to go back to then-President George W. Bush, who won the Commonwealth in his 2004 re-election victory.

Democrats have carried the state in four straight presidential elections, including President Biden's 10-point victory over Donald Trump four years ago as he won the White House.

But GOP Gov. Glenn Youngkin thinks the former president has a very good shot of ending the Republican losing streak in Virginia as Trump faces off this autumn with Biden in a 2024 election rematch.

The governor was interviewed a couple of days ahead of the release of a Fox News poll that indicated Biden and Trump are deadlocked in Virginia.

The survey, conducted June 1-4, shows the Democratic president and his Republican predecessor in the White House each with 48% support in a head-to-head match.

In a multi-candidate race, Biden stands at 42% and Trump at 41%, with Democrat-turned-independent Robert K. Kennedy at 9% and Green Party candidate Jill Stein and independent Cornel West each at 2%.

Brent

Trump is leading in Arizona, Florida, and Nevada too. Nationally, Trump is at 49 percent and Biden 48 percent.

Brent

When Kennedy is added in, it helps Biden.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. narrowly helps President Biden and hurts former President Trump's chances at winning the White House in key battleground states, a survey rleased this week found. Polling from Mainstreet Research, PolCom Lab and Florida Atlantic University showed Trump with a slight lead over Biden in a head-to-head race in both Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. But when Kennedy is added to the mix, Biden takes the lead in the states, according to the poll.

Thiel

Quote from: Brent on June 08, 2024, 03:01:12 PMWhen Kennedy is added in, it helps Biden.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. narrowly helps President Biden and hurts former President Trump's chances at winning the White House in key battleground states, a survey rleased this week found. Polling from Mainstreet Research, PolCom Lab and Florida Atlantic University showed Trump with a slight lead over Biden in a head-to-head race in both Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. But when Kennedy is added to the mix, Biden takes the lead in the states, according to the poll.
The Kennedy affect seems mixed. It depends on who conducts the polling. Some polls show his candidacy helps Biden. Others indicate he gives Trump a boost.

gay, conservative and proud

Garraty_47

#GenocideJoeBiden: leader of the free world or a wax statue with a cheap broken speaker shoved up its ass?

Fucking hell.

Brent

Quote from: Garraty_47 on June 12, 2024, 08:34:33 AM#GenocideJoeBiden: leader of the free world or a wax statue with a cheap broken speaker shoved up its ass?

Fucking hell.
The latter.
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Oerdin

Quote from: Garraty_47 on June 12, 2024, 08:34:33 AM#GenocideJoeBiden: leader of the free world or a wax statue with a cheap broken speaker shoved up its ass?

Fucking hell.

I have long believed that you can tell people who are ignorant and uninformed by how they wrongly use words like "genocide".  Amazing how a population quadruplesbyet the idiots still lie and pretend their was a "genocide".  Just vile and disgusting lies out of stupid people.
Dislike Dislike x 1 Agree Agree x 2 View List

Garraty_47

Quote from: Oerdin on June 12, 2024, 01:24:36 PMI have long believed that you can tell people who are ignorant and uninformed by how they wrongly use words like "genocide".  Amazing how a population quadruplesbyet the idiots still lie and pretend their was a "genocide".  Just vile and disgusting lies out of stupid people.

Vile and disgusting is refusing to admit an ongoing genocide until/unless every last Palestinian has been wiped out at which point what fucking good does it do to say: "Oh wow, I guess you were right. That was a genocide."

Soulless ghoul shit.

Oerdin

Quote from: Garraty_47 on June 12, 2024, 01:42:28 PMVile and disgusting is refusing to admit an ongoing genocide until/unless every last Palestinian has been wiped out at which point what fucking good does it do to say: "Oh wow, I guess you were right. That was a genocide."

Soulless ghoul shit.

You don't even know what the word genocide means otherwise you wouldn't be missing it.  Israel makes massive efforts to avoid and/or minimize civilian deaths yet Arabs deliberately use human shields and deliberately kill civilians (their own and others).  Arabs also love to lie, it is what they usually do, but they do that because dullards like you are dumb enough to believe it as well as to lazy to fact check.  Virtually every claim the Islamic terrorists and their supporters have made has been debunked as untrue.

There is no genocide and never has been.  The liars claiming otherwise are a bunch of anti-Semitic Jew haters as well as brain dead useful idiots.

Garraty_47

Quote from: Oerdin on June 12, 2024, 01:55:56 PMYou don't even know what the word genocide means otherwise you wouldn't be missing it.  Israel makes massive efforts to avoid and/or minimize civilian deaths yet Arabs deliberately use human shields and deliberately kill civilians (their own and others).  Arabs also love to lie, it is what they usually do, but they do that because dullards like you are dumb enough to believe it as well as to lazy to fact check.  Virtually every claim the Islamic terrorists and their supporters have made has been debunked as untrue.

There is no genocide and never has been.  The liars claiming otherwise are a bunch of anti-Semitic Jew haters as well as brain dead useful idiots.

Regurgitate zionist/state department talking points all you like.

I don't know who you think your audience is but I assure you it's not me.
Disagree Disagree x 1 View List

Oerdin

Quote from: Garraty_47 on June 12, 2024, 02:10:26 PMRegurgitate zionist/state department talking points all you like.

I don't know who you think your audience is but I assure you it's not me.

Facts you want to ignore are still real and valid.  Have you bothered to look up what the definition of genocide is yet?  Maybe then you can stop missing the word.

Garraty_47

Quote from: Oerdin on June 12, 2024, 02:24:01 PMFacts you want to ignore are still real and valid.  Have you bothered to look up what the definition of genocide is yet?  Maybe then you can stop missing the word.

Find someone else to get into a pointless pedantic pissing contest with.

That's kindergarten stuff and I've graduated from that shit decades ago.

Oerdin

Your inability to back up your wildly inaccurate claims has been noted.  I understand you don't like being checked when you make u truthful claims but be man enough to admit you were wildly wrong with your false claims of "genocide".

Just had faith from the beginning out of you.