Replies: 8525
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 07, 2024, 10:23:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

L

If BF Posters Want Their Forum To Do Better

Started by Left BF, August 17, 2023, 06:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Left BF

I am a former BF poster who got tired of it and left. If they expect that place to pick up again they are going to need more than a degenerate meth head tranny and an overweight drama queen as mods. By the looks of it BF has been around for like five years and it's all but dead in terms of activity and content at best. Here's some observations/suggestions:

1. Too many board choices that people do not use. The entertainment section gets like two posts a day! There are no great threads that can be put in there.

2. There is absolutely no rhyme of reason to mod decisions within the boards. There's too many to mention but undiciplined mids move them around at will. The reason for this again is poor choice of mods. Mods should encourage discussion. The mods at BF are dicussion killers.

4. You may as well call that place: The Bastard Factory Butthurt Whining and Troll Board. There is an extensive choice of boards but only accommodates those who like whining and fighting are posting at all.

5. Politcs should be one of the most popular boards on any forum. That place has been around for half a decade and there is only a handful of threads in it for Christ's sake. All of them are spammed to death with memes.

6. All threads on all forums should be visible at all times to guests. They will make the forum look inviting and attractive to members looking to join.

That is a forum with a terrible staff. Show some pride in that place and get it hopping or it will never change for the better. I promise you.
Winner Winner x 2 View List

DKG

Agree Agree x 1 View List

Colonel Crackskulls

Quote from: DKG on August 17, 2023, 06:35:22 PMBut will he listen. That is the question.
Alright I'll bite. What does the Left BF and Guest supposed to mean?

Nevermind.  I just noticed the edited words.
"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

DKG

Quote from: Bahamut on August 17, 2023, 06:45:24 PMAlright I'll bite. What does the Left BF and Guest supposed to mean?
I don't know. Perhaps another unsatisfied customer that decided to post at another forum or not  all. I hear that forum has lots of unhappy ex posters.

Colonel Crackskulls

Quote from: DKG on August 17, 2023, 06:48:05 PMI don't know. Perhaps another unsatisfied customer that decided to post at another forum or not  all. I hear that forum has lots of unhappy ex posters.
Suit yourself. I haven't registered to BF yet but clearly you choose not to believe me. Can't help that. I'm sure this place will be the hottest forum on the web very soon.
"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Bahamut on August 17, 2023, 06:53:02 PMSuit yourself. I haven't registered to BF yet but clearly you choose not to believe me. Can't help that. I'm sure this place will be the hottest forum on the web very soon.

Honestly, forums such as these are a dying breed.

The modern internet user seems to enjoy the vapidness and thoughtlessness encouraged at places which have no attention span required posted in shiny font right there on the front door.

I don't think we're going to grow the membership all that much no matter what we did.

I read your thread of suggestions and remain unconvinced.

Change my mind.

Colonel Crackskulls

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on August 17, 2023, 07:00:11 PMHonestly, forums such as these are a dying breed.

The modern internet user seems to enjoy the vapidness and thoughtlessness encouraged at places which have no attention span required posted in shiny font right there on the front door.

I don't think we're going to grow the membership all that much no matter what we did.

Change my mind.
Just trying to help that's all.

Biggie Smiles

Wait.. OP... you don't find an entire page worth of threads littering politics section with everything from Hating Trump - TO - Hating Trump to be diverse and varied enough to stimulate those interesting debates the PIG keeps squealing about but never actually engages in?

DKG

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on August 17, 2023, 07:00:11 PMHonestly, forums such as these are a dying breed.

Change my mind.
None of these types of general forums can grow all that much. We try our best to hold on to the members we have. Panel abuse and banning members arbitrarily is suicidal in 2023.
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 1 View List

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Bahamut on August 17, 2023, 07:03:03 PMJust trying to help that's all.

I hear you and I appreciate the time it took to compose all of that. Great effort, but despite such a well worded and thought out plan I still remain skeptical that we can attract a legion of fresh blood out there in the vastness of Al Gore's internet.

Its a new age my man/woman. Social media apps killed the playing field just like cloud computing will kill small business and the technology field. Mark my words 

DKG

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on August 17, 2023, 07:06:56 PMI still remain skeptical that we can attract a legion of fresh blood out there in the vastness of Al Gore's internet.
We cannot and as we can see from BF which has everything on his wishlist, neither can they. VF and CBT are in the same boat.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: DKG on August 17, 2023, 07:10:21 PMWe cannot and as we can see from BF which has everything on his wishlist, neither can they. VF and CBT are in the same boat.

I'd agree on BF

but VF and CBT are utter clusterfucks in terms of usability and feature richness. More-soI CBT

I wouldn't become a regular poster at CBT if you paid me to do so

Colonel Crackskulls

Quote from: DKG on August 17, 2023, 07:05:41 PMNone of these types of general forums can grow all that much. We try our best to hold on to the members we have. Panel abuse and banning members arbitrarily is suicidal in 2023.
See? There you go again with baseless accusations. I haven't registered on Bastard Factory but it's not hard to tell who runs that place and I'm not him or her. Why the hell would I join here and try to help if I'm the owner of another forum altogether? What could I possibly have to gain by that? Just give me an honest answer man. Just be a man and give it to me straight.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Bahamut on August 17, 2023, 07:24:56 PMSee? There you go again with baseless accusations. I haven't registered on Bastard Factory but it's not hard to tell who runs that place and I'm not him or her. Why the hell would I join here and try to help if I'm the owner of another forum altogether? What could I possibly have to gain by that? Just give me an honest answer man. Just be a man and give it to me straight.

Bro -- I didn't any accusation in the text you quoted.

Just saying

Colonel Crackskulls

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on August 17, 2023, 07:26:36 PMBro -- I didn't any accusation in the text you quoted.

Just saying
My bad. Sorry.

Doesn't matter. Looks like the owner prefers the status quo. Nice talking with you Bigg Smiles. You seem like member who really cares about this place.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview