Replies: 7553
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 11:58:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

I gave money to a female beggar today

Started by JOE, October 20, 2023, 02:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

I gather she was in her 60s or early 70s.

White, destitute.

Whatever pocket change I had.

It's actually better to help people out, otherwise I notice they go into stores and steal.

There's actually nothing wrong with people being poor or being needy.

As long as they're honest.

Actually it's when they steal, that it's bad.

I don't give to thieves or scammers tho

Just those in genuine need

Herman

She gave it back to Joe and said you need it more than I do.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 4 View List

TheProwler

Quote from: Herman on October 20, 2023, 02:11:33 AMShe gave it back to Joe and said you need it more than I do.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!

Erica Mena

<t></t>

Oliver the Second

One day I was coming out of the store and people in front were soliciting funds for some kind of 'Just Say No' campaign to get people off drugs. I flipped them a five and hopped in my car and drove to the dispensary to pick up my weed. May as well cover all the bases I guess.
Funny Funny x 2 Sad Sad x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on October 20, 2023, 03:13:55 PMHahahahahahaha!!!!

...reason why I support a Land Hoarding Tax, Prowler.

I don't mind if people have a large first home even a mansion and nice vacation home.

But it's when they own 5,6,10 or 20 of them that it contributes to a land housing shortage in our city. That's not even free market capitalism. It's akin to one guy buying up all the fancy graphics cards in a sale from Best Buy, leaving nothing for the other customers. That's why stores like that have signs that say 'Limit 2 per customer'. Because they wanna make sure there is an available supply for their loyal customers and a 'free market'. So that's what should be done to real estate in Vancouver. Limit the hoarding. Punish the hoarders so they'll subsidize everybody else instead of single home owners subsidizing them.

This is why I hate fucking China where Zetsu is from.

Because they're like a bunch of locusts who hoard the land and push up rents like that. Then they push vulnerable people like that woman onto the street.

I also hate the fucking Mayor of Vancouver Kenny Sim too and his ABC party too.

he thinks our public streets are valuable real estate to block off and tear up. We're actually losing streets and ramps to real estate hucksters who just wanna make a quick buck at our expense. Our road system is a fuckin joke. They wanna double the populaiton density while cutting/hacking our public road system in half.

That's why sensible nations are right to keep fucking China out so they don't displace the local popuation.

Average 1BR rent Vancouver, $3,000 per month:

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/average-rent-for-a-one-bedroom-apartment-vancouver-tops-3000-a-month

What I think should be done is anyone buying more than 1 home should be taxed progressively so with each home added, they pay more tax. So if they buy 10 homes, then 10th home will be taxed muc higher than the 1st or 2nd.

And people who use shill buyers will be fined accordingly as well.

TheProwler

What are you going to do about it, Senile Joe?

Herman

Quote from: TheProwler on October 21, 2023, 07:25:22 PMWhat are you going to do about it, Senile Joe?
He is going to beg a gal for money.
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Oliver the Second

There's a real problem here with real estate investors buying up houses and turning them into rentals. They deplete the available supply at the same time they raise rents. I'd love to see a law saying "You can't buy a house unless it's going to be your primary residence". Maybe then I wouldn't be seeing all these people living in motor homes and tents on the side of the road. An absolute disgrace is what it is.

A house is supposed to be a home, not an ATM machine for some investment group.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

caskur

Quote from: JOE on October 21, 2023, 11:21:39 AM...reason why I support a Land Hoarding Tax, Prowler.

I don't mind if people have a large first home even a mansion and nice vacation home.

But it's when they own 5,6,10 or 20 of them that it contributes to a land housing shortage in our city. That's not even free market capitalism. It's akin to one guy buying up all the fancy graphics cards in a sale from Best Buy, leaving nothing for the other customers. That's why stores like that have signs that say 'Limit 2 per customer'. Because they wanna make sure there is an available supply for their loyal customers and a 'free market'. So that's what should be done to real estate in Vancouver. Limit the hoarding. Punish the hoarders so they'll subsidize everybody else instead of single home owners subsidizing them.

This is why I hate fucking China where Zetsu is from.

Because they're like a bunch of locusts who hoard the land and push up rents like that. Then they push vulnerable people like that woman onto the street.

I also hate the fucking Mayor of Vancouver Kenny Sim too and his ABC party too.

he thinks our public streets are valuable real estate to block off and tear up. We're actually losing streets and ramps to real estate hucksters who just wanna make a quick buck at our expense. Our road system is a fuckin joke. They wanna double the populaiton density while cutting/hacking our public road system in half.

That's why sensible nations are right to keep fucking China out so they don't displace the local popuation.

Average 1BR rent Vancouver, $3,000 per month:

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/average-rent-for-a-one-bedroom-apartment-vancouver-tops-3000-a-month

What I think should be done is anyone buying more than 1 home should be taxed progressively so with each home added, they pay more tax. So if they buy 10 homes, then 10th home will be taxed muc higher than the 1st or 2nd.

And people who use shill buyers will be fined accordingly as well.

We have big problems in Australia too... your problems sound just like ours.

I fear for our young people. They are the ones directly affected by housing or lack there of.

Suicide is up.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Oerdin

A land hording tax sounds like one of those retarded ideas which would definitely create far more problems then it solves.

JOE

Quote from: caskur on October 22, 2023, 01:41:17 PMWe have big problems in Australia too... your problems sound just like ours.

I fear for our young people. They are the ones directly affected by housing or lack there of.

Suicide is up.

...because it's caused by the same fucking people.

Likely most from China.

apparently even the fentynal crisis as well.
At least in Vancouver they keep pushing the shit onto our streets.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

caskur

Quote from: JOE on October 25, 2023, 09:03:50 PM...because it's caused by the same fucking people.

Likely most from China.

apparently even the fentynal crisis as well.
At least in Vancouver they keep pushing the shit onto our streets.

Yep...

but here is a notion Joe, they can't take it back home with them. I  remember in the 80s when there was a running joke, Queensland, beautiful one day, Japanese the next....it came from an tourism ad, Queensland, - beautiful one day, perfect the next. They were worried the Japanese buying all the real estate.

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

- Andy Warhol

caskur

Joe.... look up Australia's "negative gearing"

The more houses they buy, the less tax they pay.

- Andy Warhol