The best topic

Replies: 8358
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 28, 2024, 10:14:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Leftist Lounge: meme spam away, Seamajor welcome too

Started by DKG, November 27, 2023, 01:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

DKG

We cannot make it any easier, but try registering again Seamajor. You will eventually figure out the simplistic instructions.
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Adolf Oliver Bush

Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Seamidget

The dim-witted Costa Rican pipsqueak is having a spastic meltodown at DKG because he cannot figure out how to register here. :crampe:
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Frood

Quote from: DKG on November 30, 2023, 10:31:56 AMCreate a new account using the Seamjor handle as I did and it will be approved. It's idiot proof.

Well... there you go!  :dontknow:  :pardon:
Funny Funny x 1 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List
Blahhhhhh...

Adolf Oliver Bush

He won't, there's no kid flavoured icecream here to stop him from faceplanting into the registration page.
Sad Sad x 1 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 2 View List
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

DKG

I realize of the remaining posters on the forums, most have a different vision of what they want from message boards than me. I want a true marketplace of ideas, free of censorship and panel abuse.

Personalities, familiarity, and past disputes have fractured what's left of the "community." Many of the people that remain seem content inside their bubbles talking only with people they agree with. I don't get it. That is all.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Brent

I am laughing my ass off Seamoron connot figure out how to register here. :crampe:
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Brent on December 01, 2023, 12:40:58 PMI am laughing my ass off Seamoron connot figure out how to register here. :crampe:

That dumb fuck is still struggling with the simple registration?  :crampe:
Funny Funny x 1 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: DKG on December 01, 2023, 11:07:55 AMI realize of the remaining posters on the forums, most have a different vision of what they want from message boards than me. I want a true marketplace of ideas, free of censorship and panel abuse.

Personalities, familiarity, and past disputes have fractured what's left of the "community." Many of the people that remain seem content inside their bubbles talking only with people they agree with. I don't get it. That is all.
Nah dude, I'm not even thinking of that. Truthfully, if it were a matter of longstanding animus or disagreements then I know where the door is and I am more than capable of showing myself the way out. Not that I imagine I'll feel the need to.

This is more a gentle nudge to get you to stop abasing yourself at the altar of one giant "Forum Without Borders". Points to you for your part in creating the framework, but you really need to think twice about begging all and sundry to come to your table. It demeans you for one thing, for another it potentially sets you up for a similar fall as Bastard Factory when someone like Oak starts screaming for you to bring the hammer down on people she doesn't like lest she walk. The more you implore a certain type of people to hold court with you, the grander the idea of their self importance gets.

Oak will come here, or she won't. You've already said and done more than you need to, if people like her have a stick up their arse about spending time at a forum where the deck is not stacked in their favour, preferring instead to share knitting tips and what kitty litter to line Apegirl's kennel with on a 404 error page walking... that is their affair.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

- Biggie Smiles

Frood

Agree Agree x 3 View List
Blahhhhhh...

Biggie Smiles

Agree Agree x 3 View List

DKG

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on December 02, 2023, 02:07:20 AMNah dude, I'm not even thinking of that. Truthfully, if it were a matter of longstanding animus or disagreements then I know where the door is and I am more than capable of showing myself the way out. Not that I imagine I'll feel the need to.

This is more a gentle nudge to get you to stop abasing yourself at the altar of one giant "Forum Without Borders". Points to you for your part in creating the framework, but you really need to think twice about begging all and sundry to come to your table. It demeans you for one thing, for another it potentially sets you up for a similar fall as Bastard Factory when someone like Oak starts screaming for you to bring the hammer down on people she doesn't like lest she walk. The more you implore a certain type of people to hold court with you, the grander the idea of their self importance gets.

Oak will come here, or she won't. You've already said and done more than you need to, if people like her have a stick up their arse about spending time at a forum where the deck is not stacked in their favour, preferring instead to share knitting tips and what kitty litter to line Apegirl's kennel with on a 404 error page walking... that is their affair.
I thought that there were others that wanted to have differing points of view. Heated discussions are what makes a forum interesting in my opinion. I have no personal dislike of anybody that went to BF from CBT. I thought they would want to debate an evil penny pinching fiscal hawk like me.

I was wrong. Some people are too hung up on the poster rather than what they post. As I tried explaining to the Flynns many times, I have no interest in that.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: DKG on December 02, 2023, 10:25:24 AMI thought that there were others that wanted to have differing points of view. Heated discussions are what makes a forum interesting in my opinion. I have no personal dislike of anybody that went to BF from CBT. I thought they would want to debate an evil penny pinching fiscal hawk like me.

I was wrong. Some people are too hung up on the poster rather than what they post. As I tried explaining to the Flynns many times, I have no interest in that.
Some people are intellectually lazy. Some just don't want to hear it and get all bent out of shape when they do.

You can't please everyone, particularly not the arrogant that are always convinced they are right and that their cause is just, nor those who are simply in it to upset others. And as I noted earlier, you don't need to, you already have difference of opinion here, though perhaps you feel it is not as heated as you like.

I personally don't do heated. Not what I would call it at any rate. I state my case, it's up to others if it's convincing enough for them to take it on board. Often I find people digging their heels in, even here, but is all good. All part of the learning process. Kinda hard to get all worked up when you view it like that.

And it might amuse you to know, I saw some confusion as to your efforts when I poked my head in over at Bitchmode yesterday. Words to the effect of why DKG thought his forum was the place to be. A truly inquisitive person might dip their toes in the water so to speak, but what remains at BF is by and large not inquisitive, simply content to play the "my site is better than your site" routine. Also accusations of TBC being "insular" which is amusing, considering the half dozen regulars barely come here and have attempted to lock their own forums down to outside viewing. That's the level you're playing to when it comes to them.

Hell, one clown even went as far as to say Erica flipped the site for a profit to pay for a year's supply of Ozempic. Clearly these are people less interested in debate than they are in ad hominems... and poorly crafted ones at that. I mean, its not like you're reduced to begging donations from your members to keep the lights on here, right? Right.

So don't sweat it. You can be wrong on the score that everyone wants a chance to have their sociopolitical issues debated and no foul. You have a decent complement of contributors here and enough division on various matters to debate to keep your site ticking over, you even have long running feuds which dont get in the way of people trading formal argument. You don't need the BF input and anyone from there that was capable of delivering it has already beaten a path to your door.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

- Biggie Smiles

DKG

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on December 02, 2023, 12:45:12 PMSome people are intellectually lazy. Some just don't want to hear it and get all bent out of shape when they do.

You can't please everyone, particularly not the arrogant that are always convinced they are right and that their cause is just, nor those who are simply in it to upset others. And as I noted earlier, you don't need to, you already have difference of opinion here, though perhaps you feel it is not as heated as you like.

I personally don't do heated. Not what I would call it at any rate. I state my case, it's up to others if it's convincing enough for them to take it on board. Often I find people digging their heels in, even here, but is all good. All part of the learning process. Kinda hard to get all worked up when you view it like that.

And it might amuse you to know, I saw some confusion as to your efforts when I poked my head in over at Bitchmode yesterday. Words to the effect of why DKG thought his forum was the place to be. A truly inquisitive person might dip their toes in the water so to speak, but what remains at BF is by and large not inquisitive, simply content to play the "my site is better than your site" routine. Also accusations of TBC being "insular" which is amusing, considering the half dozen regulars barely come here and have attempted to lock their own forums down to outside viewing. That's the level you're playing to when it comes to them.

Hell, one clown even went as far as to say Erica flipped the site for a profit to pay for a year's supply of Ozempic. Clearly these are people less interested in debate than they are in ad hominems... and poorly crafted ones at that. I mean, its not like you're reduced to begging donations from your members to keep the lights on here, right? Right.

So don't sweat it. You can be wrong on the score that everyone wants a chance to have their sociopolitical issues debated and no foul. You have a decent complement of contributors here and enough division on various matters to debate to keep your site ticking over, you even have long running feuds which dont get in the way of people trading formal argument. You don't need the BF input and anyone from there that was capable of delivering it has already beaten a path to your door.
I put out the welcome mat, but they didn't come for a visit. It will always be there as long as I own this place. I welcome people who want to pick apart my stuffed shirt conservatism.

Garraty and I are polar opposites politically, but he is one of my favourite posters. On the other end of the political spectrum, Scouse's views are repugnant to me, but he is free to post what is on his mind.

As for the insular part about this forum, I don't know who said that, but that is really rich and they know it. I would never register at BF or CBT for one reason and it has nothing to do with their hard left bent. Neither forum believes in free speech. I don't do censorship.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: DKG on December 03, 2023, 11:48:24 AMI put out the welcome mat, but they didn't come for a visit.
Some did. Some stayed, some left.

You could learn much from ^that guy.

Quote from: DKG on December 03, 2023, 11:48:24 AMAs for the insular part about this forum, I don't know who said that, but that is really rich and they know it.
Like I said, "pot-kettle-black". As for who said it.... Martini maybe? I really can't be arsed going back to check, I've my own reason for not bothering overly with BF and it's the differential enforcement I saw being practiced there long before the posters of SG ever set up shop.

Ironically, I get the impression the censorship was being differentially enforced, so I get to feel smug in myself for spotting it so far ahead of the rest.

- Biggie Smiles

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview