The best topic

Replies: 10392
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:39:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

When to put her down

Started by Annie, December 30, 2014, 01:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Yep, when they're young and strong is the best time to instill good work ethics :)

Yep, make hay when the sun shines. Work as many hours as you can when you are young, save your cash, invest well. If you do those things when you are older your money will work for you rather than you for your money.

Sounds like you raised him well Annie. ac_drinks

Annie

Thanks Shen, I sure hope so!  ac_drinks
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Thanks Shen, I sure hope so!  ac_drinks

Hello Annie, how you tonight?

Annie

Hi Fash, I'm good, how's your day going?
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Hi Fash, I'm good, how's your day going?

I got back from evening fellowship service at my church about a half hour ago..

I'm going to make lunches for tomorrow soon and get ready for a new work and school week.

Anonymous

You've given him a good values foundation, so he'll be just fine.

Annie

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

You've given him a good values foundation, so he'll be just fine.

I am sure he will too Annie.

Renee

Quote from: "Annie"Oh and they are going to get married before having kids but that won't be for a bit I think. They're gonna see how it is living together first lol They've been dating for 3 years now.

Yeah, I remember that plan.  ac_umm  It didn't work out exactly as I wanted it to.  ac_toofunny  

Luckily I was in my final semester of college and it didn't effect me from finishing and getting my BS.

Advise your son to get his secondary education as soon as possible. The sooner he gets a jump on his career the better. In today's world, getting a decent job is hard enough without some kind of higher Ed or Technical school under your belt; in the near future it will be impossible.

BTW, great news about your cat. I'll keep my fingers crossed.   ac_smile
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Annie"Oh and they are going to get married before having kids but that won't be for a bit I think. They're gonna see how it is living together first lol They've been dating for 3 years now.

Advise your son to get his secondary education as soon as possible. The sooner he gets a jump on his career the better. In today's world, getting a decent job is hard enough without some kind of higher Ed or Technical school under your belt; in the near future it will be impossible.

He's 22, so it should be number one on his to do list. The longer he waits, the harder it will be.

Annie

Ya, I've given up nagging him about it. He says he has a plan so I'll just let him do his plan. I'll just support him any way I can and he always knows if things don't work out, he can always move back home. Although...I'm thinking/hoping this 3rd time will be the charm he stays on his own lol Oh I sound like a horrible Mom! lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Ya, I've given up nagging him about it. He says he has a plan so I'll just let him do his plan. I'll just support him any way I can and he always knows if things don't work out, he can always move back home. Although...I'm thinking/hoping this 3rd time will be the charm he stays on his own lol Oh I sound like a horrible Mom! lol

I can understand your predicament Annie..

You want to encourage your son, but you don't want to push him so much that he rebels..

It's a balancing act.

Annie

Well at least I don't have to consider putting him down! This was a parody on Facebook I saw:

">http://youtu.be/MGXSPf9b-xI

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Well at least I don't have to consider putting him down! This was a parody on Facebook I saw:

">http://youtu.be/MGXSPf9b-xI
 ac_toofunny

Annie

I know right? Poor kid! lolol