Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

When to put her down

Started by Annie, December 30, 2014, 01:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

And she pissed on her bed again!!!!!%&#@!!!!
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"And she pissed on her bed again!!!!!%&#@!!!!

Oh no Annie..

I know what you will do when you get your next pay..

Which reminds me, what do you do for work Annie?

I am an administrative assistant for the Alberta provincial government.

Annie

I'm on a disability but I'm hoping I can go back to work. I'm taking supplements that seem to help with the pain.  That's why I'm not looking forward to a nice big vet bill :(
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I'm on a disability but I'm hoping I can go back to work. I'm taking supplements that seem to help with the pain.  That's why I'm not looking forward to a nice big vet bill :(

I figured it was too early for you to be back to work. Hope the sups work for ya.

Annie

I'm taking milk thistle and circuman (how do you spell that?) I need to get dandelion powder now seperately now since my latest purchase didn't have it in it. My spasms and twinges aren't as bad now too so I'm really hoping I'll be able to do "something" soon.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I'm taking milk thistle and circuman (how do you spell that?) I need to get dandelion powder now seperately now since my latest purchase didn't have it in it. My spasms and twinges aren't as bad now too so I'm really hoping I'll be able to do "something" soon.

If I was in Van, I would accompany you to a traditional Chinese doctor. They have cures for everything. ac_cool

Annie

Traditional? I hope you don't mean stuff like bear gall bladder or something.....lol I'm still checking out other stuff like krill.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Traditional? I hope you don't mean stuff like bear gall bladder or something.....lol I'm still checking out other stuff like krill.

Yep, keep checking Annie. I won't be on the left coast anytime soon.

Anonymous

How is your kitty now Annie?

Renee

Does she do it knowingly or is it truly something she can't help. Sometimes as animals age they can develop seizure issues and lose bladder control through no fault of their own. When I was a child, we had a dog that when she got old she would have mild seizures or TIA's and would sometimes lose control of her bladder or bowels. There are medications for that but depending on the age, condition of animal and how well it can tolerate the meds, their effectiveness can vary.

I wish you lots of luck with this issue. I know how heartbreaking it is to have to go through stuff like this with an older pet.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Does she do it knowingly or is it truly something she can't help. Sometimes as animals age they can develop seizure issues and lose bladder control through no fault of their own. When I was a child, we had a dog that when she got old she would have mild seizures or TIA's and would sometimes lose control of her bladder or bowels. There are medications for that but depending on the age, condition of animal and how well it can tolerate the meds, their effectiveness can vary.

I wish you lots of luck with this issue. I know how heartbreaking it is to have to go through stuff like this with an older pet.

How much do the meds cost? Attachment to an aging pet is fine, but that doesn't mean people  should go into debt.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

How much do the meds cost? Attachment to an aging pet is fine, but that doesn't mean people  should go into debt.

I haven't had to buy any anti-seizure meds for an animal in many years so I don't know what the costs are currently. But sometimes it's just a matter of giving the animal a low dose of phenobarbital which generally costs pennies per day.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

I haven't had to buy any anti-seizure meds for an animal in many years so I don't know what the costs are currently. But sometimes it's just a matter of giving the animal a low dose of phenobarbital which generally costs pennies per day.[/quote]

Not knowing anything about it, would that help Annie's pet?

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I haven't had to buy any anti-seizure meds for an animal in many years so I don't know what the costs are currently. But sometimes it's just a matter of giving the animal a low dose of phenobarbital which generally costs pennies per day.

Quote from: "Shen Li"Not knowing anything about it, would that help Annie's pet?

It would give her a starting point; wouldn't it?  ac_umm

Anonymous

It would give her a starting point; wouldn't it?  ac_umm

I didn't know what it is, so I googled it and found this,

Phenobarbital remains the first-choice anticonvulsant in cats. Numerous studies and abundant clinical experience have proven this drug to be effective in cats, and it is generally considered safe, however, cats may occasionally experience adverse effects such as sedation, excessive thirst and urination, and incoordination.