The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

When to put her down

Started by Annie, December 30, 2014, 01:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"FFS.....tell him if he wants a fucking say in the decision...get out his checkbook.......pay a thousand for vet bills for a palliative cat and then complain cause the govt. isn't providing special services for your challenged kids..... how very typically canadian.........a .22 shell costs about .05 cents these days .......cheers.......... ac_dance  ac_dunno  acc_devil

I was thinking the same thing OL. Her son wants unnecessary vet work done, he should pay for it. After all, he is a grown man, not a little kid.

Annie

Well, I gave him an ultimatum, I said he either helps pay for the vet to do tests ect or I pay it all I'll have her put down. So he has a choice to make soon. It's weird though, some days she seems withdrawn and confused and others she's friendly and spunky. I disinfected a cat box with different litter and put it closer to where she likes to be most of the time, and been lovingly training her to use it.  Also we changed to organic, no wheat catfood. But she prefers almost all wet food so we give her mostly that. She still cries when she's alone but not as much. Haven't found any poop anywhere for the last few days just some pee. I see little changes so maybe...oh hell I don't know.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Well, I gave him an ultimatum, I said he either helps pay for the vet to do tests ect or I pay it all I'll have her put down. So he has a choice to make soon. It's weird though, some days she seems withdrawn and confused and others she's friendly and spunky. I disinfected a cat box with different litter and put it closer to where she likes to be most of the time, and been lovingly training her to use it.  Also we changed to organic, no wheat catfood. But she prefers almost all wet food so we give her mostly that. She still cries when she's alone but not as much. Haven't found any poop anywhere for the last few days just some pee. I see little changes so maybe...oh hell I don't know.

It sounds like you are going to give the cat an extension. Kinda like someone on death row getting a call from the governor.

I think the ultimatum you gave your son is more than fair. However, if she keeps improving you may not have to visit the vet at all....for now anyway.

Annie

Ya, that's what it is Shen, it's just giving her some extra time. I know it, my daughter knows it, but the guys in the family don't really get it. They seem to think that there's a miracle cure for such an old cat and it will fix everything pfft
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Ya, that's what it is Shen, it's just giving her some extra time. I know it, my daughter knows it, but the guys in the family don't really get it. They seem to think that there's a miracle cure for such an old cat and it will fix everything pfft

They really think that eh? Oh well, you'll save some $$ by not going to the vet at all and you get to have your pet around a little longer. Win/win I say.

Annie

Not a win win if she's in pain and pissing everywhere!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Not a win win if she's in pain and pissing everywhere!

It thought it wasn't as bad now?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Well, I gave him an ultimatum, I said he either helps pay for the vet to do tests ect or I pay it all I'll have her put down. So he has a choice to make soon. It's weird though, some days she seems withdrawn and confused and others she's friendly and spunky. I disinfected a cat box with different litter and put it closer to where she likes to be most of the time, and been lovingly training her to use it.  Also we changed to organic, no wheat catfood. But she prefers almost all wet food so we give her mostly that. She still cries when she's alone but not as much. Haven't found any poop anywhere for the last few days just some pee. I see little changes so maybe...oh hell I don't know.

I give my kitty mostly dry Annie and we have not had any problem.

Annie

I'm not absolutely sure she's not in pain, when we pet her she's friendly but when alone she cries like she's hurting.  She's still pissing on my daughter's bed, I hate having to wash blankets every frickin day! The washing machine is definately getting it's money's worth.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I'm not absolutely sure she's not in pain, when we pet her she's friendly but when alone she cries like she's hurting.  She's still pissing on my daughter's bed, I hate having to wash blankets every frickin day! The washing machine is definately getting it's money's worth.

EEEWWWWW! If it was my call, she'd be going down unless your son wants to pay for pricey vet work.

Annie

I know shen I feel the same way. she obviously has bladder or kidney issues :(

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I know shen I feel the same way. she obviously has bladder or kidney issues :(

I hope her condition is getting better even though it is impossible.

ac_unsure

Annie

We're in between pay days and can't afford the vet quite yet. As I'm on my computer upstairs, she's down stairs crying, I'm gonna go back down and bring her up and cuddle her.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"We're in between pay days and can't afford the vet quite yet. As I'm on my computer upstairs, she's down stairs crying, I'm gonna go back down and bring her up and cuddle her.

Do what you can to make her feel happy Annie.

Annie

And she pissed on her bed again!!!!!%&#@!!!!