The best topic

Replies: 10492
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:18:09 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

And then once in a rare while we'll get venison, elk or even moose given to us..

I know how they were harvested and it seems the most humane way of harvesting an animal.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Hunters have much respect for wildlife, at least most of them do. Whenever I take a deer, I say a prayer over it, thanking it for its meat, and blessing it.

Trophy hunters don't respect the animals they shoot.

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Hence why I said most lol. I cant stand hunters that go for the trophy and leave the carcass  :negative:

I have a 10 pointer hanging on my wall. I ate all the meat, even tried to save the hide. I'll do a better job next time hopefully lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Hence why I said most lol. I cant stand hunters that go for the trophy and leave the carcass  :negative:

I have a 10 pointer hanging on my wall. I ate all the meat, even tried to save the hide. I'll do a better job next time hopefully lol.

But, IHJ was making a distinction between the two types of hunters..

And he might be right about trophy hunters not respecting the animals they kill..

They are no different than poachers who kill animals for a horn or tusk to be used for medicinal purposes.

Chuck Bronson

In BC, there are laws in place that the hunter must respect the kill, and the carcass cannot be left behind.  And rightfully so...

If you want to hunt for meat, you handle it completely!

Anonymous

Chuck Bronson

I think I'll order up some Chink tonight...  Been a while since I've had Chink.

Chan's Palace is pretty decent, and they have 'for one' combos for under $10.00...

Might get the 'Chicken Chow Mein, Beef Chop Suey, and Deep Fried Prawns' combo.  HI-YA!

May add some egg row to ordah!

Chuck Bronson

Chan's Palace is closed until next Friday.  They're on vacation.

I've never heard of a restaurant shutting down completely due to vacation...

Luckily their competition right across the street isn't too bad either.  They are open for business...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"I think I'll order up some Chink tonight...  Been a while since I've had Chink.

Chan's Palace is pretty decent, and they have 'for one' combos for under $10.00...

Might get the 'Chicken Chow Mein, Beef Chop Suey, and Deep Fried Prawns' combo.  HI-YA!

May add some egg row to ordah!

You can get cheap edible Chinese grub in Asia, but not here. We go into Saskatoon if we want good restaurant Chinese food. The cheap buffets around here are gross.

Chuck Bronson

Here it's not as difficult...  Chinese are a-plentiful in Greater Vancouver, and as such going out for Chink is never a problem!  Competition is fierce, so they have to keep their quality levels at least average, or they'll fail!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Here it's not as difficult...  Chinese are a-plentiful in Greater Vancouver, and as such going out for Chink is never a problem!  Competition is fierce, so they have to keep their quality levels at least average, or they'll fail!

I edited that post. I meant cheap edible Chinese grub. Not even in Vancouver is that really possible. You want good food in Canada, you got to pay for it.

Chuck Bronson

It's not really cheap anywhere, is it?  Chinks making a nice profit margin selling me some rice and noodles!    :laugh:

Oh well, it's not too often I order Chink.

Berry Sweet

I made a rack of ribs tonight..with carrots and cauliflour.

Chuck Bronson

I thought you were vegetarian?

Berry Sweet

I eat more vegan options...m-f is veggies and s-s can eat meat if want too.

Chuck Bronson

Human bodies are designed to eat at least some meat...