The best topic

Replies: 10492
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 29, 2024, 06:18:09 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Kaldereta or caldereta is a goat meat stew from the Philippines. Variations of the dish use beef, chicken or pork.

Commonly, the goat meat is stewed with vegetables and a liver paste. Vegetables may include tomatoes, potatoes, olives, bell peppers and hot peppers; kaldereta sometimes includes tomato sauce.

Caldereta's name derives from the Spanish word caldera meaning cauldron. The dish is similar to meat stews from the Iberian peninsula and was brought to the Philippines by the Spanish during their 300-year occupation of the Philippines.

Kaldereta is served at special occasions, parties and festivities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaldereta">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaldereta

I see. It was frickin good. They use coconut milk in the stew.

I have had goat in many of the countries I have lived and worked in. Our Filipino friends used chicken, but I would not have minded goat.

Frood

Lasagne, garlic bread, and steamed vegetables.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Kaldereta or caldereta is a goat meat stew from the Philippines. Variations of the dish use beef, chicken or pork.

Commonly, the goat meat is stewed with vegetables and a liver paste. Vegetables may include tomatoes, potatoes, olives, bell peppers and hot peppers; kaldereta sometimes includes tomato sauce.

Caldereta's name derives from the Spanish word caldera meaning cauldron. The dish is similar to meat stews from the Iberian peninsula and was brought to the Philippines by the Spanish during their 300-year occupation of the Philippines.

Kaldereta is served at special occasions, parties and festivities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaldereta">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaldereta

That does sound good, but I would prefer coconut milk..

It gives South East Asian food it's distinctive flavour.

Anonymous

I'm making black pepper beef stir fry tonight..

If I had more time, I would post the recipe in Asian Recipes.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"I'm making black pepper beef stir fry tonight..

If I had more time, I would post the recipe in Asian Recipes.

Is that like beef with black bean sauce, pepper, and broccoli? We have different names for the same dishes.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I'm bringing home take out from Edo Japan today.

Anonymous

I'm making beef udon noodle soup for supper tonight.

Anonymous

I had a spinach pasta and chicken salad yesterday with an oregano and herb sauce. It was so good.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Velvet"I had a spinach pasta and chicken salad yesterday with an oregano and herb sauce. It was so good.

That must have been delicious Velvet.

Anonymous

I made lemon chicken tonight with asparagus and carrots sauteed in butter with rice.

Berry Sweet

I butterflied chicken breasts and rolled them up with ham and cheddar.. parmarosa sauce with left over tortellini  and some mushrooms, green and orange peppers.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I butterflied chicken breasts and rolled them up with ham and cheddar.. parmarosa sauce with left over tortellini  and some mushrooms, green and orange peppers.

Mmmm, you've given me an idea for Friday..

Saturday, I will cook our turkey.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I butterflied chicken breasts and rolled them up with ham and cheddar.. parmarosa sauce with left over tortellini  and some mushrooms, green and orange peppers.

Mmmm, you've given me an idea for Friday..

Saturday, I will cook our turkey.

Awesome!  Glad I could help...I never know what to make lol  

We are doing lamb.

Anonymous

I have a big plump old tom turkey I am going to slaughter and clean Saturday morning. The old lady and I are having the kid and his girlfriend over for Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I have a big plump old tom turkey I am going to slaughter and clean Saturday morning. The old lady and I are having the kid and his girlfriend over for Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday.

Farm fresh, free range turkey, you are so lucky Herman..

I bought a 6.8 kilogram turkey that was on sale at Safeway..

I put it in the fridge to thaw this morning before I went to work.