The best topic

Replies: 10492
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 29, 2024, 06:18:09 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Hot turkey sandwiches for supper again tonight.

Frood

Sent out spousey to find scallops and fresh prawns. I want to do a white wine and garlic butter pasta and seafood dish tonight.
Blahhhhhh...

kiebers

https://i.imgur.com/E5zRgac.jpg?2">

Chicken Sauce Piquante

Here's a traditional New Orleans dish for the slow cooker in all its peppery glory. Hence, piquante. You'll enjoy its pungency, tempered with tomatoes and herbs and spooned over white rice.

Prep Time: 30 minutes

Total Time: 3 to 3 1/2 hours

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients

1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds), cut into 8 pieces

1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence or Creole Seasoning

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

3 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 medium onion, chopped

1 medium green bell pepper, chopped

3/4 cup chopped celery

1/2 jalapeño chile, minced

1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic

1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper

1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

1/4 teaspoon cayenne

2 bay leaves

One 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained and juice reserved

1/4 cup tomato paste

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon sugar

1 teaspoon salt

Steamed white rice, for serving

1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

Directions

Add the chicken pieces to a large mixing bowl and season all over with the Essence. Add the flour and mix well until the chicken is evenly coated. Shake the chicken to remove any excess flour, then set it aside on a plate.

Heat the oil in a 12-inch or larger skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces to the pan, in batches if necessary, and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer the browned chicken pieces to the crock of a 6-quart slow cooker.

Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, and jalapeño to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, stirring to incorporate the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper, thyme, cayenne, and bay leaves and cook for 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, breaking them up into pieces with the spoon, the tomato paste, Worcestershire, sugar, and salt. Add 1/2 cup of the reserved tomato juice and bring to a simmer. Cook for 1 minute, then transfer the hot sauce to the slow cooker. Cover and cook the chicken on low until very tender, about 3 hours. Remove the bay leaves if desired.

Serve over steamed rice and garnish with the parsley.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Sounds really good Kiebers! Sounds a lot like a dish I had long ago.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Frood

Yum

Better than the bologna cucumber onion mustard sandwich I just had.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Sent out spousey to find scallops and fresh prawns. I want to do a white wine and garlic butter pasta and seafood dish tonight.

You have a wife?

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Sent out spousey to find scallops and fresh prawns. I want to do a white wine and garlic butter pasta and seafood dish tonight.

You have a wife?

He might. You never know.

Frood

You have a wife?

Quote from: "Velvet"

You have a wife?

:001_rolleyes:

We're back to this again? Really?  :oeudC:
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

You have a wife?

You have a wife?

:001_rolleyes:

We're back to this again? Really?  :oeudC:

Back to what?

Erica Mena

Rib eye steak, potatoes marinated in bell peppers, tomatoes and onions, and salad
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Kylie Jenner"Rib eye steak, potatoes marinated in bell peppers, tomatoes and onions, and salad

I'm coming to your house Kylie.

Blazor

Quote from: "Kylie Jenner"Rib eye steak, potatoes marinated in bell peppers, tomatoes and onions, and salad

I'm coming to your house Kylie.

Pick me up on the way!  :laugh:

I made deep fried chicken the other night, popcorn shrimp last night.

Berry Sweet

I am going to be making green beans for dinner...but not sure about the main to go with it.  Any suggestions?

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I am going to be making green beans for dinner...but not sure about the main to go with it.  Any suggestions?

If it was "me", fried pork chops and mac and cheese  ac_smile

Berry Sweet

Pork chops sound good! The kid loves them! Thx!