The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

We, The Jury....

Started by Leopardsocks, April 17, 2015, 10:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Leopardsocks

On the basis of this, directed at Keeper (the fact the Keeps is a mod is irrelevant), I would like to call for a vote to perma-ban RDL.

"I said this to you via private message, I'll say it again so everyone can see it.

I hope you and your children get cancer."

Such barbaric and disgusting behaviour does NOT have to be part of who we are. I advocate setting a benchmark now, not when the horses have bolted, as to the degree of objectionable conduct we are prepared to tolerate.

I make this referendum without any discussion with mods or admins. I would like them to see the degree of support we are prepared to give them, and to make it clear that this uncouth crap is not acceptable.

And I vote "Aye".

RDL

I thought 3 warning points equals a ban, not 1 warning point?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"On the basis of this, directed at Keeper (the fact the Keeps is a mod is irrelevant), I would like to call for a vote to perma-ban RDL.

"I said this to you via private message, I'll say it again so everyone can see it.

I hope you and your children get cancer."

Such barbaric and disgusting behaviour does NOT have to be part of who we are. I advocate setting a benchmark now, not when the horses have bolted, as to the degree of objectionable conduct we are prepared to tolerate.

I make this referendum without any discussion with mods or admins. I would like them to see the degree of support we are prepared to give them, and to make it clear that this uncouth crap is not acceptable.

And I vote "Aye".

I do not want to ban RDL.

RW

I say we ban people who don't read their PMs in a timely manner.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Leopardsocks

OK. This is a discussion we have to have.

We have just separated from a forum who's owner felt it necessary to not use banishment as a means of maintaining forum order.

The consequences of her misguided loyalty to the trash, rather than those of integrity and quality, is this very forum.

If you choose to succour and condone people who wish cancer on another member's children, then you will be on exactly the same path.

Think very carefully about who you value most moving forward, and who will cause the forum to fragment, in exactly the same way as they did (the SAME people, mark you) to Van.

Your personal values are above reproach, and everybody knows that. But with ownership and management comes responsibility. If you are not prepared to exercise responsibility, then you will be inundated with feral misanthropes like RDL. If they conducted themselves with proper decorum, that's not a problem. If the wish cancer on another member, that IS a problem.

No doubt, this post will be cut and paste and re-appear in part or whole over there. The sentiment will be "Here he goes again"...but the fact is I am simply sticking to my principles. Forums should NOT be a cauldron for mental defectives to exercise their unbridled demons. Nipping in the bud is the only remedy.

Now is the moment within which you define the future. I urge you to think not of yourself, but the other members here...because rest assured, they are the one's that will suffer the derangement of sub-species like RDL.

Leopardsocks

Quote from: "RW"I say we ban people who don't read their PMs in a timely manner.

This is not a trite issue.

This forum is for morons like RDL, or for the sensible, like Keepers.

The two are incompatible.

RDL

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"
Quote from: "RW"I say we ban people who don't read their PMs in a timely manner.

This is not a trite issue.

This forum is for morons like RDL, or for the sensible, like Keepers.

The two are incompatible.

Fine.  Suck keeper's dick if you want to.  I'm outta here.

Leopardsocks

Good riddance, shitwad.

If you spoke to any father like that IRL, you'd be on a hospital bed.

Your abstinence from here will do as substitute.

And please....dickhead...do not for one moment think you will be missed.

easter bunny

If I were thinking of joining this forum and I came across that, I would wait to see what the mods do about it, and if their response is not satisfactory I would head for the door.

I'd be interested in knowing what provoked such a statement because if there isn't a good reason behind it then the purpose may simply be to offend visitors and discourage them from joining. Expecting a three strikes policy regardless of the severity of the offense indicates that the poster is intending to push the envelope and is primarily concerned with what he can get away with and not that the post is offensive or hurtful to someone.

Based on that I would conclude that the poster is here to disrupt the forum, hurt people, and offend potential new members so that they leave.

I vote with Leo.

Renee

I agree with the chief inspector. We cannot let this place become a haven for individuals bent on exhibiting unrestrained malice toward other posters. That was the core issue at VF and the central source of the acrimony that eventually ruined the place.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

RDL can always guest post.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"RDL can always guest post.

If that works....... ac_gumpop
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Annie

The 3 strike rule is good I think but it depends on severity of the action. If it's REALLY bad then 1 strike and your gone!
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Leopardsocks

I understand what you're saying, Annie...but wherever the three strike rule is implemented, it fails.

What it means, in effect, is you're sanctioning 2 strikes with no consequence.

I do understand Fash's emotional discomfort. She is kind, sweet and lives according to her faith. All power to her. But that faith does not apply to society as a whole. Moreso, a person's faith should never be used to protect malfeasance. That's why I believe the best approach is put it to the plebiscite. That removes, if necessary, the painful decision making of the mods. It does not override the mods, obviously. But be sure of this...if we are going to continue to get hosed by Van's rejects, it plays into evs hands beautifully.

"Here...you have them...see how you like it".

No. Stop it now. And stop it for good. These morons are not wanted, not needed and are sure as shit not helpful. Were I deluded paranoid, I could almost see evs and her minions positively encouraging them to cause grief here...oh, wait...they already did.

No. Its hammer time. For the greater good.

keeper

To answer some of the questions here, I asked RDL to stop thread bombing. that's when he sent me the "email".

I have never had the "3 strikes" or your out rule.. god knows Mel used that 100 times.

I mod on whats best for this forum and take advice from Romero and Fashy on hard decisions. Perhaps this weekend we will talk about RDL and come to a conclusion. Im sure RDL will behave.  ac_beating

Thank you Leo i appreciate the concern expressed.....