Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

We, The Jury....

Started by Leopardsocks, April 17, 2015, 10:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frost"All that who know of RDL for a few years know he has improved a lot, and is trying hard.

He has issues he will admit to, try some patience maybe, let him know if he is crossing the line.

Just a suggestion :)

Thank you for the suggestion Frost.

ac_smile

Frost

Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "Frost"All that who know of RDL for a few years know he has improved a lot, and is trying hard.

He has issues he will admit to, try some patience maybe, let him know if he is crossing the line.

Visitors wouldn't know that. They would take it at face value and assume that it's standard behavior. I'd be gone in a flash.

You are correct of course, but maybe just let him know it's not wanted. I can see the dislike for some of the stuff in the main forum.

RDL

Quote from: "RW"OKay...

Hi RDL!  Please stop telling people you hope they and their children die of cancer when they tell you to stop replying to every single thread with essentially nothing.

Thanks!

I only did that once.  Why don't you get over it.

RW

Why do you ask me this after what you just sent me?  You're barking up the wrong tree with me boy.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RDL

Quote from: "RW"Why do you ask me this after what you just sent me?  You're barking up the wrong tree with me boy.

It's impolite to bring up the contents of a private message on a public forum without the consent of the person who sent it.

RW

It's impolite to send me what you sent me in PM.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RDL

Quote from: "RW"It's impolite to send me what you sent me in PM.

It's impolite to fake MS.

RW

Quote from: "RDL"

Bitch please.  You don't even raise my hackles slightly.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Yeah right RDL. ac_rollseyes

keeper

Stop being a douche and you wont be treated like one.

If you dont like it here, its a simple fix. go post on VF.

easter bunny

Quote from: "Frost"

Visitors wouldn't know that. They would take it at face value and assume that it's standard behavior. I'd be gone in a flash.

You are correct of course, but maybe just let him know it's not wanted. I can see the dislike for some of the stuff in the main forum.

If you're used to seeing something a lot then it loses it's shock value so you can't really tell how others will react to it anymore. Maybe a warning system would be better.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frost"
Quote from: "easter bunny"[

If you're used to seeing something a lot then it loses it's shock value so you can't really tell how others will react to it anymore. Maybe a warning system would be better.

Keeper issues warnings easter bunny.

keeper

I believe its up to the "mods" to respect the posts unless it breaches the rules. a couple warnings go a long way and if its warranted its easy to modify the post (remove said picture) instead of deleting the entire content of the post.

Im sure Annie did what she felt was right.

Now, With all that said we all know what kind of poster RDL is, he pushes the limits to see what he can get away with....

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"I believe its up to the "mods" to respect the posts unless it breaches the rules. a couple warnings go a long way and if its warranted its easy to modify the post (remove said picture) instead of deleting the entire content of the post.

Now, With all that said we all know what kind of poster RDL is, he pushes the limits to see what he can get away with....

I agree Keeper.

ac_smile

Leopardsocks

Quote from: "Keeper"I believe its up to the "mods" to respect the posts unless it breaches the rules. a couple warnings go a long way and if its warranted its easy to modify the post (remove said picture) instead of deleting the entire content of the post.

I do not think that is the right question.

The question I am asking myself is "What sort of forum is TBC intended to be?".

At the moment, its difficult to define, but it remains astonishingly similar to its creator, Van. What is the point and purpose of this place? And, does the presence and contributions of knuckle draggers like RDL contribute to that point and purpose?

See, this issue isn't going to just vaporise. If for no other reason than RDL won't let it. I repeat, his presence is sponsored by certain Van goons, and his disruption is their intended outcome.

Conceding to him and his ilk sets a standard, and one you will never be able to raise going forward.

Furthermore, if anybody thinks that pandering to this blockhead will encourage him to modify his behaviour, then you will join a long queue of forum proprietors that experienced the abject failure of that proposition.

RDL is the antithesis of the members you need to stabilise and build upon. He adds nothing but disruption and offence. He is now PM'ing members with his garbage and that is a bridge too far.