Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

We, The Jury....

Started by Leopardsocks, April 17, 2015, 10:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"
Quote from: "Keeper"I believe its up to the "mods" to respect the posts unless it breaches the rules. a couple warnings go a long way and if its warranted its easy to modify the post (remove said picture) instead of deleting the entire content of the post.

Im sure Annie did what she felt was right.

Now, With all that said we all know what kind of poster RDL is, he pushes the limits to see what he can get away with....

I do not think that is the right question.

The question I am asking myself is "What sort of forum is TBC intended to be?".

At the moment, its difficult to define, but it remains astonishingly similar to its creator, Van. What is the point and purpose of this place? And, does the presence and contributions of knuckle draggers like RDL contribute to that point and purpose?

See, this issue isn't going to just vaporise. If for no other reason than RDL won't let it. I repeat, his presence is sponsored by certain Van goons, and his disruption is their intended outcome.

Conceding to him and his ilk sets a standard, and one you will never be able to raise going forward.

Furthermore, if anybody thinks that pandering to this blockhead will encourage him to modify his behaviour, then you will join a long queue of forum proprietors that experienced the abject failure of that proposition.

RDL is the antithesis of the members you need to stabilise and build upon. He adds nothing but disruption and offence. He is now PM'ing members with his garbage and that is a bridge too far.

I can take away his pm privileges if he is misusing it.

Leopardsocks

Again, that is the wrong answer to the question.

I respect your position and values. But where is the argument that states that retaining him in any form, and under any constraints, benefits this forum.

I am far from motivated into applying my contributions to a forum that values the presence of serial, chronic and offensive nuisances.

Even moreso, when his purpose here is to create as much confrontation and disharmony as he can.

Perhaps you'd prefer to hand over the forum to those like him. In that case, what is the difference between you and evs?

Leopardsocks

This...

Quote from: "Mel"I now post at the blue cashew under six handles. I'm out of here.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/bye.gif">

...should be a clear warning that the dregs that destroyed Van are now calling this their home. Is this what TBC was created for?

RW

They've already said this is to be there dumpster.  Why let them?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Leopardsocks

Isn't that a question you're in a position to answer?

Now, I'm not sitting here, seething with rage, and yelling at the screen. I'm not trying to invoke conflict. I, PERSONALLY, have no desire to be part of a "new" forum that transplants the old problems from there to here. That is just my belief. The dregs just do not belong here, IF we wish to create a new and BETTER facility. I am saying this because my fear is that if you do NOT make a stand, here and now, TBC will go the same way as Van. They are offloading their offal onto us, and you must respond by putting up a "Closed" sign to those, like Mel, and RDL, who have manifestly made it their mission to annoy or offend.

Their behaviour elsewhere is not the issue. Their behaviour here is. They are no asset, just another liability that evs discards and directs here.

My position is this; why should I, or any other member, contribute to this locale, when the management would rather have disorderly dipshits ruin the place with their idiocy.

I want your forum to succeed. I want it to be an example of how good forums operate. Holding out a welcome mat to morons, in my view at least, is counter to those aims.

Annie

I wasn't able to just delete or edit the picture so I deleted the entire post. There is no option for me to do otherwise.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

RW

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"Isn't that a question you're in a position to answer?

No, its not.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Annie"I wasn't able to just delete or edit the picture so I deleted the entire post. There is no option for me to do otherwise.

RDLs?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

Yes, I can't delete just pictures I can only delete the whole post.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

keeper

Quote from: "Annie"Yes, I can't delete just pictures I can only delete the whole post.

Then you need to Pm me or Romero (fash) or flag the post Annie, there are ways to deal with people like him . I would have also issued a warning.

Im not saying deleting the post was bad. I think i would have to.

RW

Quote from: "Annie"Yes, I can't delete just pictures I can only delete the whole post.

That's how it works my dear :)

You were right.  No one needed to see that.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

Thank you RW, I strongly felt that way and have no regrets.

keeper

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"Isn't that a question you're in a position to answer?

Now, I'm not sitting here, seething with rage, and yelling at the screen. I'm not trying to invoke conflict. I, PERSONALLY, have no desire to be part of a "new" forum that transplants the old problems from there to here. That is just my belief. The dregs just do not belong here, IF we wish to create a new and BETTER facility. I am saying this because my fear is that if you do NOT make a stand, here and now, TBC will go the same way as Van. They are offloading their offal onto us, and you must respond by putting up a "Closed" sign to those, like Mel, and RDL, who have manifestly made it their mission to annoy or offend.

Their behaviour elsewhere is not the issue. Their behaviour here is. They are no asset, just another liability that evs discards and directs here.

My position is this; why should I, or any other member, contribute to this locale, when the management would rather have disorderly dipshits ruin the place with their idiocy.

I want your forum to succeed. I want it to be an example of how good forums operate. Holding out a welcome mat to morons, in my view at least, is counter to those aims.

Hi Leo,

I understand where you are coming from. I all so understand what kind of poster RDL is.

I too am upset that he has took it upon himself to PM posters (Rw and me) his vile shit that he does over on VF, We have a new forum and mods.

All i ask is to be a bit patient. I would like to see everyone post here fairly!!! and with out discrimination. I think that fair dont you?

If Said poster or anyone that registers here wants to treat this place like their personal shit hole they will be dealt with i assure you and will go as far as to promise that wont happen.

I hope that answers your question.

RW

Quote from: "Annie"Thank you RW, I strongly felt that way and have no regrets.

Nor should you.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

I was also thinking that if a new poster was to come and see that crap and other crap I've deleted, they wouldn't stay for long. Fash gave me delete privileges and I don't feel I have ever abused them.