Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

All you need to know about 4/20 day in Vancouver

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, April 18, 2015, 12:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

Hubby was just telling me how we should have made a bunch of brownies and gone down there to sell lololol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I love how we just allow something illegal like this.

I do not RW.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I do not RW.

I have no feelings about it except I am glad that it provides relief to some. I will never be found in a crowd. I dread crowds.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

easter bunny

I don't understand why people would make such a big deal out of smoking a joint. Don't they have anything better to do?  ac_rollseyes

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

I do not RW.

I have no feelings about it except I am glad that it provides relief to some. I will never be found in a crowd. I dread crowds.

I am glad too about it's medicinal value Azhya.

ac_smile

RW

Quote from: "easter bunny"I don't understand why people would make such a big deal out of smoking a joint. Don't they have anything better to do?  ac_rollseyes

It should be legalized.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Gay Boy Roberto

The reason the Vancouver Police do nothing about 4/20 day is that:

1. They can't arrest 15-20,000 people

2. There's also a historical reason:  Back in 1971 when the Georgia Straight newspaper held a 'smoke-in' in Gastown: dozens were arrested after the police charged the crowd with cops on horses, cops on motorcycles, and cops carrying - and using - batons.  A commission of inquiry into the incident was headed by Supreme Court Justice Thomas Dohm. The Inquiry cited the Yippies as instigators of the Smoke-In, calling them "intelligent and dangerous individuals," but was highly critical of the police's conduct and described the incident as a police riot.

3. The VPD doesn't want to re-create the 1971 Gastown Riot - ever again.

August1971 Gastown Riot:

http://spacing.ca/vancouver/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2013/01/gastown_riots_front-600x453.jpg">
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

easter bunny

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "easter bunny"I don't understand why people would make such a big deal out of smoking a joint. Don't they have anything better to do?  ac_rollseyes

It should be legalized.

It should, if for no other reason because keeping it illegal is such a colossal waste of money.

RW

Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "RW"

It should be legalized.

It should, if for no other reason because keeping it illegal is such a colossal waste of money.

And legalizing it can be the exact opposite!
Beware of Gaslighters!

easter bunny

We could have had consecutive budget surpluses since the 70's. =P

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

easter bunny

I think some people have a very strong incentive to keep it illegal.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

easter bunny

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!