Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

All you need to know about 4/20 day in Vancouver

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, April 18, 2015, 12:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easter bunny

Organized criminals like things the way they are. They make millions selling pot. I have a feeling they probably make campaign 'donations' ;-)

RW

Oh that I don't know about.  The bigger stuff maybe but I'm not sure that's true with weed.
Beware of Gaslighters!

easter bunny

Maybe not here but I think it might be the case in the US. There's a lot more money to be had there. Also they like putting people int private prisons. A win-win situation.

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"Organized criminals like things the way they are. They make millions selling pot. I have a feeling they probably make campaign 'donations' ;-)

I don't think organized criminality will disappear just because marijuana is illegal.

ac_umm

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Well, 4/20 is becoming larger in more cities. I don't think there will ever be many tourists coming to Vancouver just for 4/20 day. Already more than enough locals. I guess we could say it's an Oktoberfest for BC pot smokers.

I walked through again on my way home. The news says more than 20,000 attended. Several blocks were cordoned off and traffic was a nightmare all day. Lots of booths selling pot products, and even tie-dye shirts! The 60s called, they want their stereotype back! Food truck workers had dollar signs in their eyes.

Ha ha, you'll get a kick out of this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDD7u6eVAAAVMn2.jpg">

I was going to vote for Trudeau until I saw this picture. ac_toofunny

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I want to smoke a Cuban cigar.

I heard they were illegal to import into the Unites States Azhya?

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "Fashionista"I heard they were illegal to import into the Unites States Azhya?

I believe Yanks can now bring in a limited number (or value) from Cuba if they visit there.  That's the only way I believe that they can import them, and that's a recent change.

Aside from flying to Cuba, visiting Canada may be the easiest way to enjoy a Cuban.  Still cannot import them from Canada though...

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Hi, Fash. My kin just returned from Cuba and have some cigars. I asked for one but they don't want me to smoke. They are my elders. I will try again. Heheh.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Mel Gibson

I can mail you one, Azhya.  I've read that most make it through the mail coming from Canada, provided they are just labelled as tobacco...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"

Hi, Fash. My kin just returned from Cuba and have some cigars. I asked for one but they don't want me to smoke. They are my elders. I will try again. Heheh.

I thought American passport holders were not supposed to visit Cuba..

Maybe not now, but it was the case I thought.

Mel Gibson

No, Yanks can go visit Cuba now from the US.  They don't have to fly there from Canada anymore, pretending they're Canadian...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"No, Yanks can go visit Cuba now from the US.  They don't have to fly there from Canada anymore, pretending they're Canadian...

That's what I meant Mel Gibson, until last year Americans were not allowed to travel to Cuba.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"No, Yanks can go visit Cuba now from the US.  They don't have to fly there from Canada anymore, pretending they're Canadian...

That's what I meant Mel Gibson, until last year Americans were not allowed to travel to Cuba.

We all knew it would happen now that the man in the beard is basically out of the picture.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola