Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Free Cat

Started by Annie, May 23, 2015, 10:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

Ok, so we are finally fed up with this cat peeing and pooping in weird spots a couple times a week. We've done everything possible but she's done this for years.  Ever since we got her at 9 months old she would pee in an open deep freeze or poop under a bed.  We've tried every kind of litter, litter boxes, food, encouragement, you name it. So she has till next Friday to go. She will be going to a new home, either real or in the sky.  I've asked friends but no one wants her, and who can blame them. I'm so tired of shampooing carpets and not leaving a jacket or even slippers around. She's peed on my slippers twice!  If a friend leaves they're jacket on the couch, she pees on it, soaking it. She's healthy so there's no other reason other than neurological. She was abused as a kitten before we got her so who knows.  Our son has agreed to put her down if no one can take her. He's fine with it now because our piece of mind and health are kind of important. He moved out a few months ago and he can't take her.  I wonder how much it will cost to have her put down and cremated  ac_umm  We'll have a little ceremony and let her ashes go in the forest.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

RW

Take her to the SPCA and tell them you found her wandering around.  She won't tattle on you.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Ok, so we are finally fed up with this cat peeing and pooping in weird spots a couple times a week. We've done everything possible but she's done this for years.  Ever since we got her at 9 months old she would pee in an open deep freeze or poop under a bed.  We've tried every kind of litter, litter boxes, food, encouragement, you name it. So she has till next Friday to go. She will be going to a new home, either real or in the sky.  I've asked friends but no one wants her, and who can blame them. I'm so tired of shampooing carpets and not leaving a jacket or even slippers around. She's peed on my slippers twice!  If a friend leaves they're jacket on the couch, she pees on it, soaking it. She's healthy so there's no other reason other than neurological. She was abused as a kitten before we got her so who knows.  Our son has agreed to put her down if no one can take her. He's fine with it now because our piece of mind and health are kind of important. He moved out a few months ago and he can't take her.  I wonder how much it will cost to have her put down and cremated  ac_umm  We'll have a little ceremony and let her ashes go in the forest.

You knew this day would come Annie. I lost my pet bunny this year. As silly as it may seem for a grown  woman, I was really attached to that cute New Zealand white.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

We don't want to just drop her off at the spca because no one will adopt her I"m sure. She's too old with too many problems and I don't want her to suffer sitting in a cage for weeks until she's put down. I'd like for her to be held and painlessly put to sleep. I'm trying to get someone to want to take her home but so far no luck.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"We don't want to just drop her off at the spca because no one will adopt her I"m sure. She's too old with too many problems and I don't want her to suffer sitting in a cage for weeks until she's put down. I'd like for her to be held and painlessly put to sleep. I'm trying to get someone to want to take her home but so far no luck.

Will they put her down no charge?

Annie

She's 20 and I'm sure there is a cost to have her put down. They don't say on their spca website so I emailed them.  I think there's one that puts them down and also cremates.

RW

20!!  Jesus she's old.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"She's 20 and I'm sure there is a cost to have her put down. They don't say on their spca website so I emailed them.  I think there's one that puts them down and also cremates.

You don't need the cremation, just an humane way of putting her down. Find out how much it costs.

Annie

Ya, at 20 she won't have a chance being adopted. She's small and still cute but not gonna be enough when she pees and even poops in stupid places. I'm so tired of getting up and smelling cat pee and then hunting around to find it and then wash the carpet. Today I sat on my office chair and guess what? Yep she peed on it. She pees even where she sleeps.  An inhumane way would be to put her to sleep via needle and then cremate her and spread her ashes in a forest. That way it will be a little easier on us and less guilt.

Renee

Quote from: "Annie"Ya, at 20 she won't have a chance being adopted. She's small and still cute but not gonna be enough when she pees and even poops in stupid places. I'm so tired of getting up and smelling cat pee and then hunting around to find it and then wash the carpet. Today I sat on my office chair and guess what? Yep she peed on it. She pees even where she sleeps.  An inhumane way would be to put her to sleep via needle and then cremate her and spread her ashes in a forest. That way it will be a little easier on us and less guilt.

You should have no guilt for putting down a 20 year old cat with bladder and bowel issues. You've done all you can for her and she has lived a full happy life. I know it's hard but it's for the best.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Annie

Yep it is hard and thanks. I just hope I don't change my mind again and decide oh give her another chance. Nothing is going to change, she doesn't even know what's what really.  If it wasn't for my kid having a low immune system I might consider keeping her but we just can't.  The urine and poop can make her sick, especially if I don't find it and clean it right away.  Always a surprise to find where and what she's done. She's lived a full loved life and I'm sure I'll cry as this will be my first time to put a cat down.  I had a pet rat put down 25 years ago when he ate carpet and I cried over that.  Ya, I know it was rat but he was so cute and effectionate lol

Bricktop

I'd have no issue putting down Renee, either.

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"I'd have no issue putting down Renee, either.

Speaking of old shit that can't hold it's bladder, SPECTRE is here.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.